Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94041 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 121: Terrible watchmen
« Reply #1410 on: July 22, 2011, 08:05:11 pm »

Malgun also awoke, stretched, and gathered his equipment. It looked like Dor'lek wasn't in a talkative mood, and Havor'e was still asleep. He shook her shoulder gently to wake her, then got up and fell into step behind the trolls once they were moving. I wonder what's going on with this border town, anyway. I'm torn between wanting everything to be OK and for there to be a demon there to kill. This power was given to be used and I have to know what it's capable of.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 22, 2011, 10:16:25 pm »

Thats just asking for trouble serious. :P

Still, I got something nice for all my trouble! A never-ending booze flask! Nice! It will come in handy when I need to get someone drunk on purpose! Also, that pearl is a nice magical gizmo. Might come in handy later.

Put a drop of the alcohol from the flask on my finger and lick it to find out what type of alcohol it is, then proceed to the garden's bar at once. Best not to loose sight of my future marks companions.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 22, 2011, 10:35:11 pm »

Yeah, I know, but my in-character reasoning is solid. No point in Sareesa giving me the Oni Gauntlet if I never get a chance to use it. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 22, 2011, 10:37:34 pm »

Yeah, I know, but my in-character reasoning is solid. No point in Sareesa giving me the Oni Gauntlet if I never get a chance to use it. ^^

Oni gauntlet?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:39 pm »

I take it you've never played Onimusha? The main character whose name I can't remember how to spell off the top of my head (Sam (a|i|o|u) nosuke?) is given a gauntlet by the Oni clan to absorb demon souls, which you then use to power up your weapons and armor. ^^; A similar mechanic, so I dropped a decade-old reference...

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 22, 2011, 10:54:28 pm »

Never played that game, nothing new under the sun though I suppose.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:17 pm »

It's too bad, it was pretty good in its day. Age hasn't been too kind to it; if you've played any of the older Resident Evils like 1 through Code Veronica, it's sort of like that but with swords. A little more tactical, too, with the ability to Issen opponents (basically time your strike at just the right second when they attack to instantly kill them, or on bosses do massive damage) and spells with different functionality, but the tank controls hurt it a lot. :-\ That and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams killed the franchise as far as I'm aware. Considering how much Capcom likes to churn out sequels the fact they haven't made one for it in years is kind of telling.

Anyway, it's not a bad comparison. ^^; I consider any concept with at least three different sources I can name to be a free concept. Using demon souls for power, for example, are the Onimusha series, Demon's Souls, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow... Megaman could conceivably count if you want to accept taking a robot master's power for your own. ^^

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:41 pm »

Hmmm, I think I take it a different direction then those as well as in addition to being a power source, they are a power (as in electric) source.  Gods too as far as that goes but I don't think anybody is going to try and capture Sareesa any time soon, though that might be a fun plot line near the end of the game.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 23, 2011, 12:46:46 am »

Frelock grunts warily.  "Unfortunately for you, the barman is paying me to keep the peace, so actually, it has quite a bit to do with me.  What do you lot care about a troll wedding anyway?  The groom steal the beautiful bride from one of you and this is your revenge?  Come now, gents; this is supposed to be a happy day.  Why don't you run off and go spend time with your own families, or get a girl if you don't have one.  Why mess around with a troll wedding?"  He continues to try to dissuade the thugs from making a fuss, via diplomacy first, and intimidation only if that doesn't work.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 23, 2011, 01:26:49 am »

"Sorry guys, i guess i have not had a good night for a while, i plan to make watches a moot point though" Attempt to create an alarm enchantment" said enchantment will be, mostly based off elemental magic (detecting footsteps, the wind shifting in unusual ways etc) but also healing to etect any life forces other than ours, AND to detect if our life forces are changing unusualy (like we were poisoned or something), using air to create an alarm to wake us up if any of the trigger conditions are met
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 122: Fear me!!!
« Reply #1420 on: July 23, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »

Quote from: Ochita
Spread my demonic fear spell out, so I only use 1Mp for each oaf, and it just scares them. If I cannot do that, get up behind them, and be intimidating.

[5+2+2(previous attempt bonus)]=9 out of 5]  Finally, you've mastered your fear spell, or at least a watered down version of it.  This should help Frelock scare the people off so you just sit back and wait for him to take care of the rest.  ((Spell added:  Terror:  One target is unable to move or attack out of terror for one turn.  4 Mana used, Tier 2))

(Choose to receive a point in enchantment or Demonic Magic)

Quote from: Frelock
Frelock grunts warily.  "Unfortunately for you, the barman is paying me to keep the peace, so actually, it has quite a bit to do with me.  What do you lot care about a troll wedding anyway?  The groom steal the beautiful bride from one of you and this is your revenge?  Come now, gents; this is supposed to be a happy day.  Why don't you run off and go spend time with your own families, or get a girl if you don't have one.  Why mess around with a troll wedding?"  He continues to try to dissuade the thugs from making a fuss, via diplomacy first, and intimidation only if that doesn't work.

[2+2=4]   "Why are you guys messing with a Troll wedding?"  You ask as suddenly all the louts begin to cower in fear.  You grab the leader and lift him up so he's looking you in the face.  "Why are you doing this, who is behind all this?"  He says nothing as he looks with terror into your eyes.  Finally he mumbles something incomprehensible.  "Louder!"  you shout shaking him so he knows you're serious, he just passes out though.  It also looks like he may have pissed himself.  You see Ochita and somebody else standing off in the distance.  Maybe Ochita finally perfected that fear spell he was working on?

Quote from: Zako
Put a drop of the alcohol from the flask on my finger and lick it to find out what type of alcohol it is, then proceed to the garden's bar at once. Best not to loose sight of my future marks companions.

[4]  You arrive just in time to see Ochita's companion finish up with some human.  Apparently this man is so terrifying he caused the man to pass out.  He doesn't look that scary to you but you don't know what happened either so you just give a half-hearted shrug.  "We meeting with him Ochita or is he just someone in the way?"

Edit:((Forgot to tell you what kind of alcohol, let's go with whiskey))

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate, CoughDrop, wolfchild
Malgun also awoke, stretched, and gathered his equipment. It looked like Dor'lek wasn't in a talkative mood, and Havor'e was still asleep. He shook her shoulder gently to wake her, then got up and fell into step behind the trolls once they were moving. I wonder what's going on with this border town, anyway. I'm torn between wanting everything to be OK and for there to be a demon there to kill. This power was given to be used and I have to know what it's capable of.

Wake up and head onwards to the town.

"Sorry guys, i guess i have not had a good night for a while, i plan to make watches a moot point though" Attempt to create an alarm enchantment" said enchantment will be, mostly based off elemental magic (detecting footsteps, the wind shifting in unusual ways etc) but also healing to detect any life forces other than ours, AND to detect if our life forces are changing unusually (like we were poisoned or something), using air to create an alarm to wake us up if any of the trigger conditions are met.

[2] You make minimal progress towards your objective, however [7+1=8 out of 24 (fragmented into 3 parts of 8 difficulty each)] Havor'e manages to break off a relatively straight branch from a tree and then enchant it so when placed and a word spoken it turns invisible to the naked eye.  Of course if someone *cough cough* Malgun*cough cough* sanded it down and made it into a more traditional staff the entire process might be easier.

((Oh, you also all had breakfast, you all lose .5 day's worth of food.))

Enemy Status

Oaf 1
Health:  5 of 5

Oaf 2-5
Health: 5 of 5

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:58:26 am by V-Norrec »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 122: Fear me!!!
« Reply #1421 on: July 23, 2011, 10:59:37 pm »

(I do have the best Construction out of the six of us. :P In fact Frelock's the only person with a point in it other than me...)

Malgun noticed Havor'e messing with a straight branch. "Do you want some help?" he offered. Making things, repairing things, modifying things, destroying things; these were all his strong suit, and he didn't mind helping out by using his knowledge. "I could probably make a staff out of that if you wanted me to," he said.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 24, 2011, 02:16:40 am »

Zack walks up to the guy holding the poor passed out idiot, covering his nose from the smell.

"You with ochita over there? He said he was travelling with others."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 24, 2011, 03:47:43 am »

"That would probably help actualy yes, i'm trying to enchant it with an alarm, from what i have heard none of us managed watches, we are just lucky nothign happened" also continue enchanting once malgun is finished
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:16 am »

A point of enchantment, please.

Wave to frelock, as I drag the body a bit away. Then return, and show off my new pauldron, and tell Frelock on how I got it, and what I learnt.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 116