Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94078 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 112: Ochita/Doan is surrounded.
« Reply #1305 on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:31 am »

Zako, how did you confuse a Worther's Original with a Coughdrop? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 23, 2011, 07:25:29 am »

:o

I totally forgot about those. Quick, whats a pun involving locating your Coughdrop?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 23, 2011, 07:30:26 am »

Well, maybe he left it on the bedpost over night.

Yeah, all right, I got nothing beyond a reference to an obscure old song. :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:49 am »

Yeah, all right, I got nothing beyond a reference to an obscure old song. :(

I got it, though iirc, it was chewing gum, not a coughdrop.  Plus, how would you even stick a coughdrop to a bedpost?

Coughdrop?  I 'ardly know er!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 23, 2011, 11:49:11 am »

Well, if you got one of those square bed posts you could put it on there. ^^ But yeah... Can you catch it on your tonsils, and heave it left and right? Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bed post over night?

If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make fog horns out of? >:3

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 23, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »

Well, while we're waiting, V-Norric, would you mind explaining the organizational structure of the zealots?  How exactly does a man like LeStronge get into power?  How long does he retain his power for?  Are there any ways to remove him from power?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 23, 2011, 06:00:04 pm »

I haven't completely worked it out yet but certainly.  You're basically dealing with the Organizational Structure of the Zealots right now.  Later on you'll (probably)meet up with the Military arm of the Zealots.  To begin to understand the standing of everyone involved it would be best if I started at explaining the role of all the titles you've been reading.

The lowest, and most common form of Official you will meet in the Imperator.  An Imperator acts as the governor of all Zealot owned lands in the area.  He is also not permitted to leave the area under his control in order to prevent a mass uprising against the power structure.

A Representative is a person who has been elected by those they serve with (from the Military Branch) to enter into Diplomatic relations with others as well as (when necessary) vote as to the future direction of the Zealots and also to elect and/or appoint new officials to positions of power.  They generally convene once a year for two months to take care of all necessary business and then go back to their diplomatic duties.

An Executor is appointed to carry out the will of the currently unnamed leader.  They will also commonly act as generals as well as administrators.  Obviously certain posts are more prestigious than others so there is much competition among the Executors to get the good positions.

I haven't worked the rest out, I'll keep you informed though as I think about.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 24, 2011, 12:23:56 am »

I've been reading back and am still a bit confused on what LeBlanc and LeStronge's plans are. (Dor'lek hasn't been in this arc, yet, and I usually only skim what others are doing. (SORRY :-\))

For now, I'll just take Dor'lek's perspective and listen closely.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 27, 2011, 12:58:08 am »

OK, I have no idea how to interpret your last order CoughDrop.  I sent you a PM explaining what is going on, please update.

On another note, abandon everything I just told you about the Zealots, I'm radically redoing it all, and possibly changing the titles of the people currently in there.  It's slow going designing your own government/military order but it's progressing at least.  I'll let you know when I'm finished.

I'm giving CoughDrop until tomorrow to post a change, then I'm just going to go.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 27, 2011, 01:54:29 am »

Dor'lek introduces himself before taking part in the meeting.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 113: Malgun has failed.
« Reply #1315 on: June 27, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

Quote from: Ochita
Retreat back into the building.

[4]  You retreat back into the building and bar the doors.  You look back and see the corpse of the demon has disappeared.  Strange.

Lesser Demons left:  21 (8 present)
Stone Constructs left:  92 (19 present)

Quote from: wolfchild
Heal Fighter, Fighter stabs the 1 that hurt him

[1] You want to heal him but something is stuck in your eye and you can't concentrate.  Damn eyelashes!!!

[2]  Fighter doesn't have much better luck at attacking anybody. 

Quote from: Zako
Oh, I know, lets make a joke! It will be entertaining and hopefully get rid of them as well. Joke that I will handle it personally.

"I tell ya what *hic* I'll come down there myself, and get rid of all those damn demons for ya?  How does that sound?"  The trolls are offended but they left.  Of course a lot of trolls are probably going to die, but who cares, not your problem now.

[-5 Sanity]

Quote from: Sareesa
She must have really objected to that comment... Malgun thought, trying to suppress the anger. It was harder than he had anticipated, not in the least because he was angry himself. Still, things weren't right. Something was off. Was it the zealots? The trolls? Sareesa herself? This WAS an illusion, wasn't it? No, I'd better not go down that line of thinking. I might end up thinking I really am Sareesa and Malgun was a dream I had last night. He couldn't allow that to happen.

What should I do, though? I'm not sure attacking is the correct choice here. On the other hand, I can't risk letting them get to the Troll village... ...which effectively settled the matter. He signaled the other trolls with a hand motion, then dashed towards one of the Zealots and attempted to pull him off of his horse.

[1]  Suddenly the illusion comes crashing down around you.  All of it destroyed for some reason.  You reach up and adjust your hat.  Suddenly you hear a voice in your head.  After a moment you recognize it as Sareesa's.  "It is amusing at times, to watch what people think I did and compare it with what actually happened.  You came so close in your very first moments but then ultimately, you failed.  Would you like to see what really happened?"

Quote from: Frelock
"LeBlanc, do you have any means of getting a message out of the city secretly.  I have friends in my village, and I'm sure they could arrange for my family to be taken care of, leaving me free to assist you in foiling LeStronge's plans."

[6] She thinks for a moment.  "Yes, I can get a message out without LeStronge seeing, but not here.  I don't know who is loyal to who here, but if you can get to The Port Town of Velnex ((Yes I accidentally reused a name, so shoot me)) I should be able to get a message anywhere in the world.  Here, there is just too much likelihood of something going wrong for me to safely take any actions like that.  If you are under surveillance then I almost certainly am as well.  I'll be leaving tonight, but I'll be in Velnex for the next few weeks.  Please get in touch with me there, discreetly of course.  For now I had better leave, if we're together too much it will only draw more suspicion."  She says before just leaving without a good bye or anything.  It's probably for the best you assure yourself.  After all, she's more experienced in the politics of the Zealots than you are.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek introduces himself before taking part in the meeting.

[auto-fail]  The meeting is more or less over now.  You need to help get everyone in the same mindset though.  Of course, now you're being pulled so many different ways you aren't sure what to do.  Sareesa wants you to collect all they crystals the next one of which is in Blue Blood Tower and to get there you'd have to go to Zalthur.  To help save Frelock's family you have to go to Velnex and from there beyond the Ancient Portal and probably to Bastion, and from there to the Shattered Vale, where the Tribal leaders now meet.  You rush through all the possibilities in your mind.  It would be terrible if someone was to pick up the crystal before you could, but losing the chance to ally with the Trolls could be even worse.  Not to mention some freak wrapped from head to toe in bandages wants the book that so far has been your only source of information regarding these crystals.  No matter what happens, there's going to be a lot of work ahead.

Enemy Turns

Stone Constructs and Lesser Demons:  The door leading into the chamber is being pushed against.  You can hear some of the wood beginning to crack on the other side and it isn't long before a couple of holes open up in the door.  You can see some demons through them.

Cultist 1:  [6]  Fighter dodges.

Cultist 2:  [1]  The Cultist misses

Cultist 3:  [6]  Fighter dodges.

Enemy Status

Stone Constructs 1-19:
Health:  1

Lesser Demons 1-8:
Health:  5

Cultists 1:
Health:  10

Cultist 2:
Health:  7

Cultist 3:
Health:  5

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerrigan (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 113: Malgun has failed.
« Reply #1316 on: June 27, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

Malgun sighed. "Sorry, my lady. I guess the only thing I can say for myself is that I tried to do what I thought was right, even if it wasn't correct." He leaned on the wall. This was a chance to learn something new, however, and he wasn't going to pass it up. "Yes, please. I'm quite interested." Seeing events as they happened from Sareesa's point of view would be much more interesting than some scholar's dry, lifeless account of what he thought happened to her. "I'm ready whenever you are."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 27, 2011, 11:09:23 pm »

Oh good, they left. Let's see if those lovely ladies are still in service downstairs.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 28, 2011, 01:15:16 am »

As for Zahn he is commonly recognised as being responsible for the beginning of the fall of the Zealots.  Under his rule, Blue Blood Tower gained its name for the pure exorbitance on display daily.

What exactly went/goes on at the tower?

What is LeStronge wanting to sabotage relations with the Trolls for, exactly? If the Trolls are already no longer part of the Zealots, what is their role an any of this (besides being extra help to us)? I know you're still working on the Zealot arc, but it's still rather confusing.

Where did we get that book with the information on the crystals to begin with? Around where was it mentioned earlier in the game? (I've been reading back a lot, but couldn't find it myself)

Dor'lek turns to Frelock "What have you got goin' through your mind, friend? We should be getting ta' the crystals to ultimately close da portal... But having a more united Zealot Party to back us up could prove invaluable... Not ta' mention the Trolls. First thing be first, though; We need everyone else in our party on the same page." Dor'lek tries to get messages sent to all those in the group to meet at the Gardens in a few hours. Otherwise, he sticks with Frelock.

... and yes, I am now incorporating a WoW Troll accent into Dor'lek's dialogue.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 28, 2011, 02:03:24 am »

First things first, Blue Blood Tower was originally erected by Sareesa as it was a mid-point between the Ancient Gate, the coastal human settlements of the time (of which the city you are now in is the only remaining), and the original location of the Shattered Vale tribe (which was Sareesa's tribe in case you didn't pick up on the fact she was raised by Trolls).  Since then it served as a HQ for the Zealots until Zahn who turned it into a center of debauchery from which it gained its name and never recovered.  Eventually it was abandoned because it couldn't be reclaimed from the rampant abuse of magic the tower had sustained.  Now it is overrun with rampant magical constructs, ghosts and demons drawn to the natural power of the place

LeStronge wants to strengthen relations with the As'ci'tili in order to gain access to their technology while LeBlanc favors strengthening the traditionally strong relations with the Trolls.  The Trolls of the Shattered Vale are at war with the As'ci'tili however as they try to reclaim their homeland.  I believe this explains why it will be hard to get on the good side of both groups.

The book was buried in the burial chambers that were infested with goblins.  The tome is vital for understanding the soul prisons of the demon lords(or crystals) and ultimately using them with he help of Sareesa to close the Ancient Gate in a reversal of the ritual used to open the gate which was opened with the six crystals and the blood of a Fallen God.  The man you met is part of an order that tries to keep all that information hidden so as to avoid another gate being opened as well as prevent the bastardization of the knowledge in the tome which resulted in the soul gems of today's technology.  Sentinel actually told you the location of the next crystal I think so pay no attention to that minor continuity error.

The book itself describes the appearance of all the crystals and the ritual used to create the crystals and the ritual to open a stable portal to the Nether.

I know the history pretty well actually but this organizational stuff is killing me.  Do you have any more questions?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 116