Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94110 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 106: Fighter
« Reply #1245 on: June 09, 2011, 05:57:04 am »

Hmm, considering going third-person perspective. (I originally went with first-person perspective because I was a noob when I joined this and thought that was how you're supposed to post in an RTD. ^^;)

I nod. "Thank you, Sentinel." I look down. "I don't want to be a burden... and I can't hide forever." Sareesa hardly could have changed the world if she had hid in a jungle her whole life. But... hmm.... It seems that the Zealots are so strongly anti-magic in this time period that they open;y hunt those who use it. Trolls are powerful magicians in my time - Dor'lek and Havor'e, along with the fortune teller I met, are proof enough of that - so logically it follows that the Zealots are at odds with them... and Sareesa is hiding here because she too can use magic... and it feels strange. When I've been around magic in my time, when my allies use it that is, it seemed more focused. Not that I could really know since I've never been able to cast it, but if I had to hazard a guess I would bet that Sareesa is one of the first humans to ever use magic.

Hmm, but I wonder. Am I actually in the past? Will my actions change the future, or is it a sort of thing where what I do now is what will always have been what Sareesa did? Do I have any influence on events at all? Or is this an illusion produced by the dungeon, and I can only pass through by acting as closely as possible to how Sareesa did?
Too many questions. If I kept this up I would bog myself down like I always did and never get anything accomplished. For now I should hold off on using the magic until I've fully acclimated to this, and maybe get some answers from Sentinel. "Do the Zealots know we're here?" I ask, turning to him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 09, 2011, 07:08:09 am »

Enter, and be prepared for the onslaught.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 09, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »

I like either perspective as long as it is descriptive, to be honest.  I like the level of detail in your posts, as long that is preserved I won't complain.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 10, 2011, 06:46:42 am »

Cast Breath of fire, then fighter wades in
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 10, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »

Unless CoughDrop posts in the near future, I'm just going to go ahead an roll this turn without him, because I probably won't be in the mood to tomorrow.  My apologies in advance if you don't happen to post in time.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 107: Ding Dong Mathooth is dead (for now)
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2011, 02:03:15 am »

Quote from: Frelock
Wait for the meeting to begin.

[6]  You go inside and greet LeBlanc, then you wait for Dor'lek and Havor'e, LIKE A BOSS!

Quote from: Zako
Hmm... The shame and yet pride of having one of these creatures in my collection is great indeed. Hmm, perhaps later. Time to check out the play.

You go in just as the play is being announced.  It's one you've already seen before.  You're not sure whether you can stand a repeat, when suddenly one of your aides comes up and tells you there is a matter that requires your urgent attention in the Library on the second floor of the tower.  Ugggg, books, paperwork, repeats of plays, it's enough to drive a man insane.  [-2 sanity]

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I nod. "Thank you, Sentinel." I look down. "I don't want to be a burden... and I can't hide forever." Sareesa hardly could have changed the world if she had hid in a jungle her whole life. But... hmm.... It seems that the Zealots are so strongly anti-magic in this time period that they openly hunt those who use it. Trolls are powerful magicians in my time - Dor'lek and Havor'e, along with the fortune teller I met, are proof enough of that - so logically it follows that the Zealots are at odds with them... and Sareesa is hiding here because she too can use magic... and it feels strange. When I've been around magic in my time, when my allies use it that is, it seemed more focused. Not that I could really know since I've never been able to cast it, but if I had to hazard a guess I would bet that Sareesa is one of the first humans to ever use magic.

Hmm, but I wonder. Am I actually in the past? Will my actions change the future, or is it a sort of thing where what I do now is what will always have been what Sareesa did? Do I have any influence on events at all? Or is this an illusion produced by the dungeon, and I can only pass through by acting as closely as possible to how Sareesa did?
Too many questions. If I kept this up I would bog myself down like I always did and never get anything accomplished. For now I should hold off on using the magic until I've fully acclimated to this, and maybe get some answers from Sentinel. "Do the Zealots know we're here?" I ask, turning to him.

[1]  You begin trying to speak but the shock of speaking in such a feminine voice quickly quiets you, almost fast enough to not notice that you were also going to speak in the Troll language, BUT NOT QUITE.  What's even stranger is Sareesa apparently has not even a trace of accent in Troll, which for a human is almost unheard of.

[3]  You do manage to say something about the Zealots though.  Sentinel looks at you strange for a moment before giving an almost unnoticeable shrug and then answering. "'Dat what ya be sayin'.  'Dem Zealots be huntin' down anybody 'dat uses magic not in their organization.  'Dey t'ink 'dat any other magic be from 'da demons.  'Dey be in for a shock when you turn 'deir holy magic against 'dem.  'Dose Zealots god 'deir heads so far up in 'da clouds 'dey not be t'inkin' 'dat anyone can challenge 'dem.   Most Humans not be knowin' when to let nature grow, an' when to cull 'da wild, how to live off 'da land and let nature provide.  D'ats why ya be special, we Trolls raised ya, ya not be tainted by 'da Humans notions of what we Trolls are.  Wit'in ya heart, ya know 'dat Humans and Trolls are 'da same.

Another troll speaks up behind Sentinel.  "Says 'da Troll 'dat loves 'da human whore.  She be good at 'da magic, but she not worth the trouble.  We should have returned her to 'da humans and let 'dem sacrifice her like 'dey wanted."

Quote from: Ochita
Enter, and be prepared for the onslaught.

[6] You burst open into the throne room and see Malthooth standing there.  His polearm is no where near him.  He is a giant demon with 2 huge arms and 4 legs supporting his massive frame.  Green hellfire burns within his mouth visible behind his razor-sharp teeth.  His skin is scaly and tough and he is wearing a huge steel breast plate to protect him from just about any blow any mortal could hope to land against his mighty form.  [5] [1+2000 x 2 = 4002 damage]  Then, just as soon as you enter you burst into a full sprint.  He was clearly not expecting any treachery and is caught entirely off-guard when you toss the blade straight into his throat.  Green hellfire begins to flow out of the wound and he begins to shrink.  His screech pains your ears but you continue staring him down.  "Now all humanity is free from your tyranny, demon."   You say before turning around.  The blade was only good for one strike against him, thankfully that was all you needed.  Kerrigan give you one of her short swords.  "Time for the dance macabre, eh?" she says almost looking eager to fight the countless stone constructs and lesser demons no doubt heading your way right now.

Lesser Demons left:25
Stone Constructs left:  100

Quote from: wolfchild
Cast Breath of fire, then fighter wades in

[Friendly Fire: 6=Dodged] [3] [4] [4] [2] Damage Rolls: [6/2 = 3] [6] [3]  Thinking quick you blast all the thugs with fire.  One of the Thugs was on the ground and avoided the searing heat and Fighter managed to get out of the way, but the rest are all on fire and slightly crispy however

Quote from: CoughDrop A.I.
Go to meeting with Frelock and LeBlanc

[4]  Dor'lek leaves and meets up with LeBlanc and Frelock at the bar in the Gardens district.  You order yourself a nice mug of grog.  Careful, that stuff will eat right through the mug.

Quote from: Fighter
Attack Brute number 1

[5] [(5+2)x2=14 damage]  Fighter splits one of the Brutes in half straight down the middle with his sword.  You're glad he's on your side, that's for sure.

Enemy Turns

Brute 2:  [3] [2/2=1]  This brute takes advantage for Fighter's momentary distraction to try and attack, it's not very effective as his flesh is on fire and he's in quite a bit of pain right now.

Thug 1:  [1]  Being new to the sensation of being on fire, this thug does little other than run around screaming about how his flesh is melting.

Thug 2:  [2]  The thug was in the process of getting up when you unleashed your Breath of Fire and he decided he wanted to lay on the ground some more.

Enemy Status

Brute 1:
*dead*

Brute 2:
Health:  9

Thug 1:
Health:  7

Thug 2:
Health:  10

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:15:41 am by V-Norrec »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 107: Ding Dong, Mathooth is dead (for now)
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2011, 02:07:54 am »

Hey, just to let you know, I'm going on a camping road trip for a week, so I'm probably not going to be around.  I'll need to either be autoed, or have a sub.  My apologies for the short notice.

Wait for the trolls, and then inform LeBlanc and them of LeStronge's intentions.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2011, 02:14:04 am »

Well, if you really want to wait for Havor'e it could take a while, as good a time as any for your char to be put on hold.  In the meantime I suppose Dor'lek can go reserve you guys a room and try to meet some more of the interesting characters I have spread around.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 11, 2011, 05:27:27 am »

I'll go ahead and make the change then, I find it easier to write in third person. ^^;

Malgun turned to the troll, able to contain his anger only because he understood the troll couldn't know what he did: that Sareesa had brought the Trolls and Zealots together, and it was under her influence that there had been any sort of peace or a chance against the demons. "We have to fight them!" he said, trying his best to adapt to this strange new reality. "If we can't beat them they'll never listen to us!" The technologist took a deep breath to calm himself down. Flying off the handle was probably not what Sareesa would have done. Although... maybe it was. The woman he had met had been around for a very long time, after all, and nobody was born perfect. Maybe she had found a sense of inner peace somewhere along the line. Maybe it was when she fell in love with Sentinel.

Has that already happened? Am I... er, is she in a relationship with him at this point in her life? Again with the questions. He shoved them aside; maybe if he ever met with Sareesa again he could get some answers directly from the woman herself. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a gentleman. If I had just let my curiosity loose back then I might know the answer to some of these things now. Maybe. I don't think she would have told me anything personal like that. He released the deep breath as a sort of long-suffering sigh. "We have to work together, OK?"

He turned back towards Sentinel. "Just believe in me. I know that we can end this struggle." If no one else, at least I can count on him for awhile. He wanted to reach up and adjust his hat - one of the marks of his obsessive tendencies - but he couldn't feel the reassuring weight holding it to his head, so he didn't even bother trying. "We just need to keep trying." Malgun walked a little to the north. "Let's keep moving. If they know we're here, it'll be safer if we don't stand around too long."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 11, 2011, 05:57:48 am »

You didn't subtract the sanity from zahn's stats.

"Oh very well, I suppose it's better than watching this garbage again." Head immediately to the library. Give a wink to the draconian as I pass.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 11, 2011, 09:13:22 am »

So I didn't.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 11, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

Post or I will call you dirty names behind your back.  Like doily sniffer, you don't want to be a doily sniffer do you???

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 11, 2011, 05:19:31 pm »

Go out, as normal, cast retribution, and start attacking.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:40 pm »

"Surrender now!", if they do not surrender, cast holy light to keep them not attacking, so that fighter can attack without risk of retaliation
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 108: Two people MIA :(
« Reply #1259 on: June 13, 2011, 08:54:36 pm »

I'll go ahead and make the change then, I find it easier to write in third person. ^^;

Malgun turned to the troll, able to contain his anger only because he understood the troll couldn't know what he did: that Sareesa had brought the Trolls and Zealots together, and it was under her influence that there had been any sort of peace or a chance against the demons. "We have to fight them!" he said, trying his best to adapt to this strange new reality. "If we can't beat them they'll never listen to us!" The technologist took a deep breath to calm himself down. Flying off the handle was probably not what Sareesa would have done. Although... maybe it was. The woman he had met had been around for a very long time, after all, and nobody was born perfect. Maybe she had found a sense of inner peace somewhere along the line. Maybe it was when she fell in love with Sentinel.

Has that already happened? Am I... er, is she in a relationship with him at this point in her life? Again with the questions. He shoved them aside; maybe if he ever met with Sareesa again he could get some answers directly from the woman herself. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a gentleman. If I had just let my curiosity loose back then I might know the answer to some of these things now. Maybe. I don't think she would have told me anything personal like that. He released the deep breath as a sort of long-suffering sigh. "We have to work together, OK?"

He turned back towards Sentinel. "Just believe in me. I know that we can end this struggle." If no one else, at least I can count on him for awhile. He wanted to reach up and adjust his hat - one of the marks of his obsessive tendencies - but he couldn't feel the reassuring weight holding it to his head, so he didn't even bother trying. "We just need to keep trying." Malgun walked a little to the north. "Let's keep moving. If they know we're here, it'll be safer if we don't stand around too long."

[4]  Finally you begin to feel like you actually belong in this time, though your mind is still clearly not attuned to where Sareesa's was at the time.  They accept that now isn't the time to fight however, Sentinel manages to get in the last word though.  "'Dis isn't over, mark mah words mon."

[5]  Relaxing a little you head West, more on intuition than any real idea of where you are going.  After a short distance you come to a cliff that overlooks one of the few dirt roads in the area.  Sareesa's inner-knowledge tells you that it connects the Shattered Vale Village (the home of Sareesa's tribe) to a nearby human settlement called Finneran's Watch.  If the Zealots are heading for the Village, they will certainly travel by that road.

After a quick survey of the cliff, you find an area where you think you could climb down.  Sareesa is a skilled enchantress though so you might just be able to float the entire group down, it might be worth a shot to get your head around the magic even if it does cost a little bit of mana.

"Oh very well, I suppose it's better than watching this garbage again." Head immediately to the library. Give a wink to the draconian as I pass.

You wish you passed the Draconian.  Unfortunately the staircase is located behind the auditorium.  You walk out and look out one of the windows.  It looks like a hunt of some kind is being organized.  You continue onwards as your aide babbles on.  You pay him little mind though, little men need little attention.  When you get to the Library you find one of your magical constructs has gone mad.  You sigh, so much to do so little time.  How to take care of this situation?

Go out, as normal, cast retribution, and start attacking.

[2] Going out normally is for chumps.  You head out heroically and see all the humans fleeing as demons descend on the area.  [2] There is no need for Retribution yet, so you decide not to cast it.  [4] [2+2+1=5 damage]  There is a nearby stone construct, you smash it with your armored fist.  Only one more in the immediate area.  You could probably escape town before all the demons catch up with you, but you might be caught at a disadvantage on the way out, or you could simply fight them all off here.

[5] [6+2=8 damage] Kerrigan throws one of her daggers into the face of the other Stone Construct, saving yourself the Trouble of killing it.  There are 2 more Stone Constructs on the way and a Demon overhead.

((Stone Constructs:  1 health, Lesser Demons:  5 health))

"Surrender now!", if they do not surrender, cast holy light to keep them not attacking, so that fighter can attack without risk of retaliation

[6]  Surprisingly they actually all run away rather than face the combined might of you and Fighter.  That was easy.

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

For now I'm only going to use the spoilers of the active people.  Until CoughDrop gets a new computer and Frelock gets back.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 116