Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94103 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 103: Through adversity
« Reply #1200 on: June 03, 2011, 01:02:12 am »

"Greetings, sir; it is an honor to be of use to the zealots.  There are several others in my group from the city, we were all given letters similar to this one.  There was also an...incident...in the town where we met.  The representative who met us there gave me this letter to deliver to you regarding those events.  If you have any questions for me, I would be happy to answer them.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 03, 2011, 02:22:14 am »

"Sure you can keep any swords we find, off we go" Follow the previous lead i found bringing the fighter with me in-case a fight ensues

"Is this guy Fighter from 8-Bit theatre?"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 03, 2011, 03:42:30 am »

((Nah, I'm just calling him that for a joke, and maybe future references to 8-bit theater))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 03, 2011, 09:57:31 am »

Take a look down the west door.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 104: Choosing Sides
« Reply #1204 on: June 06, 2011, 04:22:11 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I shudder. What a horrible architect. I could design a more interesting corridor than this! Where are the vaulted ceilings, the carved pillars, the engravings on the walls? I shake my head in disappointment and follow Ochita into the next room. Is that Sentinel? I stop to inspect the mural, leaving it up to my allies to choose the next path.

[4] What a horrid architect.  Moving forward you see the mosaic on the floor.  There are actually several figures, bot only Sentinel is recognizable from this angle.  You step out onto the mosaic and suddenly the Mosaic seems to start changing.  You keep walking forward into the center of the room, surrounded by the swirling chaos of the mosaic.  Looking you see the other paths also have a prominent figure from Zealot History in front.  Sareesa, the Human who became a God, marks the Northern Path, Sentinel, the Protector, marks the Southern.  [knowledge roll: 3] To the west is Grand Master Doan, original founder of the Zealots, and to the East is . . . someone who looks vaguely familiar.

You stand there for a few moments.  You can almost feel as though the room is judging you.  Why would one room such as this be so well protected, especially if it has something to do with the Zealots?

Quote from: Zako
"Ugh, clearly not a place for a man of my talents." Proceed to the next room and check the room for loot, since this type of fancy room seems to be the type of room that something valuable might be hidden in.

[4]  You proceed to the Mosaic room.  After a bit of inspection, you realize the mosaic itself would be quite valuable seeing as it's a magical artifact of high quality.  Not being able to move it however, you decide to just be satisfied with what you have for the moment and not do something silly like jam your flawless emeralds into the wall of the supremely boring hallway ((No joke, you did that in an earlier version of the turn.  Unfortunately, this is just a hub for 3 different challenges, so it's pretty devoid of loot.))

Quote from: CoughDrop
"I'm not specifically looking for trouble, but it would seem to me that you have something to do with the building your men had just razed. Just what is going on?"

[3]  "Just starting a little trouble, after all, it got you to come and I'm aiming for one of your friends.  Don't worry, as soon as I have what I'm after, you'll all be free to go, unharmed.  Of course, if you were willing to help me acquire the tome I seek, then we might be able to avoid any more unpleasantness."  You just now notice there are several guards clad in black robes in the room.  Adrenaline is being pumped into your system.  If you can make it out the door, you might be able to outrun them.  Of course, who is to say what rewards might come from working with this man.

Quote from:
"Greetings, sir; it is an honor to be of use to the zealots.  There are several others in my group from the city, we were all given letters similar to this one.  There was also an...incident...in the town where we met.  The representative who met us there gave me this letter to deliver to you regarding those events.  If you have any questions for me, I would be happy to answer them."

[3]  "I see, this is a simple briefing and can be ignored for the moment.  I want to talk to you about LeBlanc.  She has gotten it into her head that we once again must unite with the Troll tribes.  I want you, if approached by her, to sabotage this effort.  Though the trolls have been useful in the past, we're in a new age, one in which Man and Troll must forge their own destiny separate from one and other.  Technology, not magic will eventually succeed in the war that is coming, do you understand?"

Apparently he doesn't even care about the status report from the town.  While disappointed by not being able to retell the story of your heroics, you do see clearly that it will be impossible to please both LeBlanc and LeStronge.

Quote from: wolfchild
"Sure you can keep any swords we find, off we go" Follow the previous lead i found bringing the fighter with me in-case a fight ensues

[5]  Taking off with "Fighter" in toe, you enter the Underbelly through the Knoll.  [2]  Unfortunately it's a labyrinth with no memorable areas to help you navigate so you don't find your goal, and just end up back at the entrance.  At least nobody wants to rob you as long as you have "Fighter" with you.

Quote from: Ochita
Take a look down the west door.

[3]  You take a look down the west door.  At first is entirely dark, but after setting a foot in the doorway, it begins to light up.  From what you can tell, it is a large cavern.  You can hear rocks grinding against other stones.  You are unsure what to make of this so you quickly back out and the light turns off again.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Mmkay, if you guys have any questions, let me know.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 06, 2011, 04:43:41 am »

Considering everything I've been through, the choice for me is easy. "I think we have to split up and choose a path. To the south is Sentinel; to the north is Sareesa. I believe the western figure is the founder of the Zealots, Grand Master Doan. Sorry, but I don't recognize the figure to our east." Perhaps it's the body Sentinel was inhabiting when we first met him? I can't be certain of that... I point to the north. "This is the way I'll be heading. With any luck I'll see you two on the other side." I tip my hat to them. "Ochita. Zack." With those simple words of parting, I head north to see what the labyrinth holds for me. This surely must be one of the trials I was warned of...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:45:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 06, 2011, 04:53:23 am »

Try again, this time being willing to threaten various forms of violence to shady types who dont give good answers, esspecialy ones with swords, gotta pay you're muscle
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 06, 2011, 05:02:30 am »

The body Sentinel was inhabiting was Gardios, the original demon hunter.  He eventually succumbed to demonic influence and became a demon himself however.  The demon that took that body was actually the original Gardios now in demon form.  ((He abandoned his body to spiritually become a demon.)) Now body and spirit reunited he is more powerful and can switch from demon to as'ci'til at any time.  Sentinel was able to recover his own body instantly as he left it with Sareesa when he had her transfer his spirit into the body of Gardios after learning demon Gardios was attempting to recover his mortal body.

Tell me that made sense because I've been working on the explanation for a while.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:24:47 am by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 06, 2011, 05:16:26 am »

There once was a demon hunter named Gardios. He ascended from his mortal coil to become a demon.

Sentinel then shed his mortal coil so he could inhabit Gardios', in order to drive it around to safety.

Gardios decided he wanted his body back, re-infested it, and is now more powerful than ever. Sentinel went back to his normal body, which was of course right where he left it.

I had to look back to figure out the order of which one grabbed Gardios' body first (that is, whether Sentinel was suppressing Gardios or riding around uncontested), but otherwise it was fairly clear.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 06, 2011, 05:19:45 am »

It did.
"R-Right then." Go west anyway, and keep an eye out.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:26 am »

"Don't get killed by anything." Examine the person above the east exit and then proceed that way.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:20:13 pm by Zako »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 06, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

"Sir, with all due respect, in these dark times we need allies, not enemies.  Do you think we can recruit as'ci'til?  Not to mention there are many humans who detest the zealots; I heard there was a riot in the marketplace today.  Truly, I cannot fathom why it would not be better to simply convince the trolls to accept technology more readily.  Why can we not have the best of both worlds, magic and technology in harmony?  To accept one does not mean we must deny the other.

Seriously, why is there always a magic vs. technology debate in these settings?  There's no reason that the two shouldn't be able to get along.  I mean, magnets and electricity are basically magic that we use to make technology.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:35:04 pm by Frelock »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 06, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »

"Don't get killed by anything." Head south.

South is the way you came in.  It's a fancy way I came up with to mark the doors.

"Sir, with all due respect, in these dark times we need allies, not enemies.  Do you think we can recruit as'ci'til?  Not to mention there are many humans who detest the zealots; I heard there was a riot in the marketplace today.  Truly, I cannot fathom why it would not be better to simply convince the trolls to accept technology more readily.  Why can we not have the best of both worlds, magic and technology in harmony?  To accept one does not mean we must deny the other.

Seriously, why is there always a magic vs. technology debate in these settings?  There's no reason that the two shouldn't be able to get along.  I mean, magnets and electricity are basically magic that we use to make technology.

Probably because magic essentially is in these settings what technology is to us.  I'd like to point out that technology, in this setting, is powered by demon souls.  I'd also like to point out that a solid majority of demons are former humans.  Pass the soylent please.  ((Granted I think the only one who knows that demons = humans is Serious, as far as in character goes))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:38:13 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 06, 2011, 12:34:55 pm »

SOYLENT POWER IS PEOPLE.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 06, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »

Very well, new action.

"Very well sir, I'll see what I can do."  Go off to meet with LeBlanc, inform her of LeStronge's intentions.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 116