Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94220 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 93: KHAN!!!
« Reply #1065 on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:40 am »

KHAAAAAAN!!!

Oh well, this is why magic is dangerous. Friendly fire is DEADLY.

My character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully this will be fine.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 93: KHAN!!!
« Reply #1066 on: April 21, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »

OK, this isn't dead, I just haven't had the time because I've been called up to work a lot recently.  And school, and 21st b-day parties.  It should be calming down and I should get a chance to work on it tonight if I'm not too tired.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 94: Now with 100% more cannibalism
« Reply #1067 on: April 25, 2011, 06:42:49 pm »

OKAY!  After 5 days of work in a row with multiple social functions to fulfill as well, I'm finally free to do some leisure activities (until I go to work tomorrow. . . damn it).  Anyhow, without further ado, your turn.

Finishing the Encounter:

Quote from:
Look around, dazed and shocked.

Conduct custom burial rights.

[1]  You are quite dazed and shocked.  You vaugely begin thinking about burial rights.  [3]  You realize that acts of moral depravity are not the answer and after some shallow graves are dug you bless the remains of your brave companions as well as the bandits who for some strange reason have bite marks all over them

Quote from: Ochita
"My god.. That was.." Go over to the corpses.. And bury them, after taking a crystal and tome.

[1]  You somehow end up with the crystal and a tome, though you have no idea how.  [1] Oh well, you're sure you didn't do anything so morally repugnant as to repress the memory entirely.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I shake my head and come back to my senses as Ochita takes a crystal and tome from Flintus's body. Oh, right. Guess we should gather his equipment, we might need it, I think in a numb fashion as I take the sword, pistol, and ammo, then help dig graves.

[3]  You end up gathering the pistol, ammo, and sword (You beat Frelock to the sword).  Wait, why is Ochita leaning over that bandit corpse.  You turn away and begin digging some graves.  You will never unsee it though.

Quote from: Frelock
Retrieve the sword, help bury the bodies, then continue on the path.

[2]  You are going for thw sword when you catch sight of Ochita.

. . .

. . .

. . .

"ONLY DEATH CAN RELEASE ME!" you shout out loud before running back to the caravan and not leaving it for the rest of the trip.

Continuing the Journey

Day 2:  [4]  Nothing interesting happens.

Day 3:  [4]  Nothing interesting happens.

Day 4:  [5]  You pass over a bridge and meet a friendly caravan.  After spending the night with the other caravan you depart, with knowlege of recent events from the city.

Day 5:  [3]  Nothing interesting happens.

Day 6:  [2]  You see some goblins in the distance but they are too cowardly to attack

Day 7:  [3]  Nothing interesting happens.

Arriving at your Destination

You arrive and are let into the city.  For many, it is a place unlike any other they have seen.  In the very center of the city there is land set aside for the growth of trees and where plants of all types can take root and thrive.  To the west you see the docks and a floating island which can be reached by a short one minute ride from a small airship.  This chapel was originally put aloft by the magic of Sareesa herself so it is a very holy place to those who follow the faith.  Several Airships run by the demon hunters are also moored at the island where the crews are carefully watched by the Zealots

To the east, Abelcroft Fortress looms large and foreboding over the small houses next to it.  Abelcroft Fortress has been the seat of power of the Zealots since the loss of Blue Blood Tower where Sareesa ruled from.  All who wish to become members of the Zealots must make a pilgrimage and stay at this fortress for at least a year while they are taught all manner of things relating to the official Zealot doctrine.

To the southwest, one can find the Market district, which is no different than any other market found in a major city, apart from the major presence of the Zealots who make sure no illegal trading occurs.

To the southeast, there is an University of Magical Learning.  This is the only University in the Broken Isles and many spell casters of all sorts spend some time here to learn the basics of thier craft.

Directly South of the Gardens lies the knoll, which leads to the dark Underbelly of the City, where nobody of high standing would dare be seen.

You all stand, not quite sure of what to do next.

((There are abundant Pubs throughout the city besides for the island of the Chapel of Sareesa, so for convience sake, none of them will be named, until you choose one to act as your "home" throughout the adventures in the city.  Your home will be where you sleep, and generally spend all your time when not busy, choose carefully where you wish it to be located))

Those who are joining this game, please select one of the following destinations to appear at and you will be rolled with the next turn.

1.  The Chapel of Sareesa, on an island magically held aloft over the Harbor.

2.  The Docks, where one can commission a boat or airship to far-off destinations.

3.  The Market,  where purses can be cut, or goods of all manner can be bought and traded.

4.  The Gardens, where nature grows in the very center of the city.

5.  Abelcroft Fortress,  The head of the Zealots, all members of the Zealots have made a pilgrimage here at one time or another.

or 6.  The Knoll,  A small hill known to serve as entrance to the Underbelly of Sareesa's Mercy where a variety of cults, homeless, and undesirables take up residence.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:44:34 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 94: Now with 100% more cannibalism.
« Reply #1068 on: April 25, 2011, 08:24:47 pm »

This can't really be the first time anyone's eaten anyone else, can it? 94 turns and just one instance of cannibalism?

Something's not right.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:10 pm »

First thing is first: Gather information on the different lodgings.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 25, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »

I shall spawn at the knoll.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:41 pm »

Go to the Fortress, and request lodgings as a zealot.  Then set out to find our contact.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 25, 2011, 10:58:12 pm »

I follow Dor'lek; getting info on the town sounds like a good idea to me, and I might as well stick with him just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 26, 2011, 01:50:06 am »

I shall spawn at the knoll.
Going straight for the interesting, I have to appreciate that.  Hopefully you get a good roll so I can throw you right into the action.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:01 am »

I was originally going for the market, but I decided to play it in character and think where he would most likely go. That and it seems interesting. :P

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:57 am »

Going to the magic center sounds good, maybe I can get some research done.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 95: Two Wild Characters Appear
« Reply #1076 on: April 27, 2011, 01:13:26 am »

Quote from: CoughDrop
First thing is first: Gather information on the different lodgings.

[4]  You manage to find several acceptable places for lodging in all the districts of town and the various upsides and downsides of all of them, you've made a mental list of them.

Abelcroft Fortress:  Safe, but closely watched  (10 silver per night)
Market District:  Expensive, but discreet (20 silver per night)
The Knoll:  Cheap, but dangerous (2 silver per night)
The Docks:  Rowdy and full of information (10 silver per night)
The Gardens:  Quick travel to the rest of the city, but few accommodations (bad food/beer etc.  (-1 to rolls to attempt to sleep/eat to regain health/mana)) (8 silver per night)

Quote from: Frelock
Go to the Fortress, and request lodgings as a zealot.  Then set out to find our contact.

[1]  You head off to Abelcroft Fortress, but unfortunately all the rooms are taken by pilgrims at present, since you have already completed your pilgrimage, they respectfully request that you find other suitable accommodation.  [4]  You are able to secure a meeting for yourself and other members of the group with Executor LeStronge later.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I follow Dor'lek; getting info on the town sounds like a good idea to me, and I might as well stick with him just in case.

[5]  Since Dor'lek seems to have accommodation well in hand, you chat up a few locals to hear about what is going on in town.   It seems Representative LeBlanc is in town but nobody seems quite sure why.  The Representatives are usually out on the front lines bolstering Zealot forces with their powerful magic.  Strange that one would be here, especially one so well known.  You also hear a rumor about abductions from the University lately, but nobody seems to know who has been taken.

Quote from: Ochita
Going to the magic center sounds good, maybe I can get some research done.

[2]  You start heading off in the direction of the University, the winding streets confuse you, and soon you find yourself lost.  It looks like you've wandered into the bad side of town somehow.

Quote from: Zako
Appear at Knoll

[5]  You've been hiding out in the Knoll, cutting a purse when you need, but mostly on the lookout.  The assassins you escaped from haven't stopped hunting you, you're sure of that, but it appears they haven't found your latest hide-out yet.  You've been hiding out with one of the local, anti-magic cults as they don't ask for much other than the occasional "I hate magic," not that you can do magic anyhow.  [5]  You're outside the cult's entrance just watching the people walk by, making sure nobody takes too much notice of you.

Quote from: wolfchild
Appear at random

(location roll:  [1]) [4] After a slight episode of hysteria, you find yourself much recovered and at the Chapel of Sareesa floating over the harbor.  You hear your former companions have just arrived in town.  You should probably go find them and apologize for the inconvenience earlier.

((You need to select your spells, by the way, you can go train at the University to open up Tier 4 Elemental Spells, you might want to do that))

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:19:41 am by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 27, 2011, 01:25:50 am »

Shake my head, keep my stuff close to me and get to the university.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:09 am »

I head to the university to ask around about Sareesa's mark and see if there are any known cases of others carrying it, and if so, what they accomplished in history.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 27, 2011, 01:44:42 am »

I don't think you get the purpose of the Mark.  Even though many have received it, it goes by relatively unnoticed because pure mortals can't see it.  That and identifying yourself as a carrier can lead to a host of nasty consequences, such as being hunted down by those the Mark has driven to madness.  In short the only way to find out more is either ask Sareesa, or find a non-crazy with the Mark willing to take you under his/her wing.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 116