Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94206 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 83: A giant sneeze
« Reply #945 on: March 23, 2011, 07:10:14 pm »

"Do any of you actually know how to perform an exorcism? Firstly, stop dragging her around and let's chain her up so that the demon will less of a threat." Check the priestess' wounds, how much time do we have before she will bleed out? Find out how much each person in the vicinity knows about exorcism (including myself).
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 23, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

"You know, one of you artificer types might be able to use the blood prison to imprison the demon possessing the priestess again." 

Heal the priestess this time, and see what non-magical means I can use to stop the bleeding.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 23, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »

put my shirt of auto reviving on the preistess, get the chalk, prevent anyone from chaining anyone up.  Use the chalk and mana enchanting to create a magical rune circle to both remove the demon from the preistess and entrap it in another rune circle beside the first one.
i think enchanting and luck should be able to deal with this, and even if she dies hopefully that will remove the demon and the shirt should bring her back, demon free.
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 24, 2011, 12:19:38 am »

prevent anyone from chaining anyone up.

Why?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2011, 07:47:03 am »

Chastise everyone for not saying bless you and other than that wait to see what happens.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:18 pm »

because I'm trying to save her and you are trying to drag her around and chain her up, you realize how hard healing her will be if shes chained to a wall?
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 24, 2011, 07:36:18 pm »

Open the mouth. Make her swallow the potion.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 24, 2011, 08:08:18 pm »

because I'm trying to save her and you are trying to drag her around and chain her up, you realize how hard healing her will be if shes chained to a wall?

I wasn't planning on "chaining her to a wall". I was thinking more of a long chain braced to either wrist or ankle. This wouldn't keep you from healing her, yet would keep the demon from running off with her body.

Not that it really matters since this is an RTD, but it is what I would do in the situation.

Also, you wrongly accused me of dragging her around; that wasn't me.

Continue on with my action, no changes included.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:11:28 pm by CoughDrop »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 24, 2011, 08:08:58 pm »

That was me. To be fair now, we have the temple supplys.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 84: Lots of talking
« Reply #954 on: March 27, 2011, 12:48:30 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"I see. Sorry. Things have been strange lately," I say. "Can you tell us what's possessing her? ...And how to kill it?" I ask, gesturing at the priestess Ochita and Khan are dragging off.

[5]  "I'll do my best says Lyon turning his attention to the Priestess."  After a few moments he turns back to you, "Clearly she is being possessed by one of the demons in the Blood Prison.  If I had to venture a guess, some sort of undead demon which is why it's not at all concerned about the safety of the Priestess.  Once dead the demon will only be stronger as the host, in this case a Priestess, would no longer be able to dispute the demon's will in the slightest and would merely become a prisoner in her own body.:

"Of course there's no way to tell how powerful the demon is until he either begins asserting his authority, which is why this is so interesting.  According to my theories the longer a demon has been imprisoned the weaker it will become which also might be the reason for his wishing only for inaction at the moment until he has undisputed authority so he can begin reclaiming the power that's been lost."  says Lyon who begins to explain how his research led to this conclusion but really, a lot of it goes over your head, it seems as though even by today's standards he would be at the forefront of demonology, the research of demons.

Quote from: Ochita
"Oh god. Okay, Khan! get some chalk, we're doing an exorcism!" I franticly search for potions that can help heal the priestess. "Lyon? Can you come up here? We need your expertise. Wrap up the blood prism, and bring it to me, I am a demon hunter, so I shouldn't be affected."

[6]  You quickly find a random potion laying on the ground of the trial area of the temple.  Convenient that what you need just happened to be laying around.

[2]  Unfortunately Lyon is so busy explaining the finer points of his research into demons that he didn't even hear you.  Sareesa damn it.

Quote from:
"Do any of you actually know how to perform an exorcism? Firstly, stop dragging her around and let's chain her up so that the demon will less of a threat." Check the priestess' wounds, how much time do we have before she will bleed out? Find out how much each person in the vicinity knows about exorcism (including myself).

[4]  Lyon speaks up when you ask the question.  "All conventional wisdom and countless experiments, tests, and stories point to exorcisms being impossible.  Even the Church of the Elder Gods dares not attempt an exorcism unless the full power of the gods is brought to bear.  However, certain remarkable stories point to something similar to an exorcism being possible.  Each of the most powerful demons has an artifact that is his bane.  If the Bane Artifact is possessed, theoretically of course, it would be possible to force the demon to possess another target, theoretically the wielder of the Bane Artifact.  Theoretically, if the wielder of the Bane Artifact is also possessed by the said demon the demon would be unable to force his will upon you.  Of course this is all theory."

"The only other possibility would be to find a person of sufficient will that could prevent the demon from gaining dominance.  If you know of the Church of the Black Road, that was originally founded by a demon-possessed man who was able to utilize the powers of the demon without ever letting the demon gain power over him.  Of course, he ultimately died when he drew too deeply upon the demons power, but the precedent is there meaning it might be possible for other to replicate his success.

[3]  Consulting your own knowledge, you realize the only solutions outside of what Lyon offered from his vast stores of demonic knowledge is to kill the possessed, bless the corpse, then cremate it, or to have Malgun attempt a partial soul capture inside of a suitable gem.  Where one could find a suitable gem down here though... well, technically the blood prison is a very ancient and archaic gem used for soul captures... perhaps you could use that?

[1]  You find nothing suitable for chaining anybody up, darn, this was about to get fun too :(

Quote from: Frelock
Heal the priestess this time, and see what non-magical means I can use to stop the bleeding.

[4] [3 health healed]  You heal the priestess, artificially extending her life buying some time for the others to think, and act.

[5]  You take Khan's shirt of auto-reviving and tear it into a rather crude bandage, it slows the bleeding down and should still revive her when she reaches death.

Quote from: kilakan
put my shirt of auto reviving on the preistess, get the chalk, prevent anyone from chaining anyone up.  Use the chalk and mana enchanting to create a magical rune circle to both remove the demon from the preistess and entrap it in another rune circle beside the first one.

With your shirt being used as a bandage, you decide to try and find some chalk.  [2]  It appears that there is no chalk around, and you know your mana reserves are still too low to even attempt to create some sort of demon removal enchantment.  Not that any attempts before have even been successful.

Quote from: Flintus10
Chastise everyone for not saying bless you and other than that wait to see what happens.

[4]  You chastise the entire group for not saying bless you.  Nobody really seems to care but you feel better about yourself now.  You watch with mild interest as people try and save the priestess.  "She won't survive this."  You think to yourself, but you don't let your thoughts be known and continue looking on.

Enemy Status

Priestess:  5.5 of 20 health (2.5 lost per turn)

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:13:03 am by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 27, 2011, 01:13:53 am »

First, cast Lesser Healing Hand on the priestess. Show Lyon my Seal of Heaven and quickly explain how I acquired it. "Is it possible this could work as a bane against the demon? If not, how would we determine what this demon's bane artifact would be?"
To Malgun: "Do you have anything that you could bind this demon's soul to?"
To Everyone: "We need to put the demon in a position that he cannot escape from and quickly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:08 am »

I think about the question. "I have a few inanimate objects here I could try," I say. "There's my gun, my hat, my trap, and this knife." I present each in order. "I'd really prefer not to have a demon in my hat, though, if it's all the same to you. I like it as it is." I touch the brim to reinforce my point.

Put it in the trap and maybe we can have a variant of the Luggage?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 27, 2011, 02:38:13 am »

[1]  You find nothing suitable for chaining anybody up, darn, this was about to get fun too :(
Ah, there's the temporary second half of my new signature! Can't let it get too stagnant you know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 27, 2011, 10:23:09 am »

Have a sip of the potion, if it heals me give it to the priestess... "I offer to be the person with the will. If I get possessed.. Do what you can, but if needs be. Kill me."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 27, 2011, 01:42:57 pm »

Sit back and eat and drink the half a ration I have, may as well gain energy incase of a fight...
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 116