Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94179 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 69: Burnin' through the night
« Reply #795 on: January 15, 2011, 10:58:32 am »

Sigh, stand up, mumble about my recent stream of bad luck with enchanting, then head down the rest of the stairs.
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 15, 2011, 02:39:10 pm »

Having a quest ahead of him which will take months and with most of his companions doing not-burning-people stuff, Dor'lek finds a nice quiet place to read more on healing.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 15, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »

I clear my throat nervously, push my hair back, and look around the room. "Um, right." There's only the other seat, and having no experience with dealing with important people, let alone goddesses, I move to it and sit. Her clothing is also simple... maybe it's one of the rules of this place? I shouldn't be thinking about such trivial details!

"I guess you already know my name, who I am..." I say, trying to figure this whole thing out. ...and why I'm here. Sareesa asked me about life back on Norrec, and I wonder where to begin. "Well... as you noted, I can only speak for my own experience, but things certainly aren't quiet." I shift in my seat to try and get more comfortable.

"I suppose the most interesting thing, though, would be recent events. I'd left my hometown to see the world and after a few misadventures I came to this small village. I'd heard that the Zealots were recruiting for a mission, maybe even an important one, and I wanted to be part of it. I was hired on the spot and told a representative would come to meet with me and five others the following day."

I reach up to adjust my hat but settle for pushing my hair back behind my ear when I remember it isn't there. "So while I was killing time at the bar, I was given a small job to deliver a package to the local temple. There I was put on the trail of goblins that had been attacking the town, and while tracking them down I met up with two of the others who had joined the mission, Frelock and Flintus. We worked together and took down the goblin tribe, sealing the caves they were hiding out in and preventing them from troubling the village and further."

"But their necromancers must have been able to complete whatever spell they were working on. When I awoke the next day from the vision you sent, an undead horde was assaulting the village! Through our group's efforts, the army was defeated, and we were able to save the people." I look down for a moment. "I asked the representative about the vision, but he was unable to give me any solid information. I sought out a Troll mystic, and after helping him out, he was able to send me here. To meet you, Miss Sareesa."

"Miss, I have to ask... What I saw last night... was it a memory of yours? A random vision? Was it a message of some sort?"

(I don't think Malgun ever saw the crystal.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »

You were there when we busted into the room with the goblin necromancers, right?  IIRC, it was floating in the middle of the room.  It's unlikely you could have missed it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 16, 2011, 01:11:55 am »

Catch up with Khan and ask him if he is aware of the incredibly low chances of succeeding down here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 16, 2011, 05:08:48 pm »

True, now that you mention it... but I'm feeling lazy. :-[
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 70: Sareesa's Mark and Flintus's Fall
« Reply #801 on: January 17, 2011, 10:12:14 pm »

Quote from: Frelock
Free the poor girls after getting a little information about the slaving ring from them, heal Ochita, then go find other companions to help.

[2] You let the girls free, completely forgetting to ask them any questions as they thank you with tears welling up in their eyes.   [3] [(4-1)/2=2] 

((The day is going to change over and your trip is going to start soon so I'm ignoring your last action and just going to have everyone finish up soon.))

Quote from: Ochita
Help Fre free the girls and see if I cant find any loot. If so, share some with frelock.

[6]  You free the girls as well, but you notice a disturbing number of As'ci'tilli youths among them.  Perhaps that is some kind of clue.  [4]  You look around for loot, specifically the clothes and items dropped by the now dead Madame and find the last few days take from the Brothel.  SCORE!

Frelock Inventory:
50 Silver Coins

Ochita Inventory:
50 Silver Coins

Quote from: kilakan
Sigh, stand up, mumble about my recent stream of bad luck with enchanting, then head down the rest of the stairs.

[6] You stand off and brush your self off before proceeding down the stairs.  Reaching the bottom you see several empty cages and a woman dressed in a pure white robe standing a fair distance away from you.  "What the..." you whisper silently to yourself.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Having a quest ahead of him which will take months and with most of his companions doing not-burning-people stuff, Dor'lek finds a nice quiet place to read more on healing.

[2]  Why is the market district so noisy, and why won't the inn let me into my room?  Wait... damn I have to pay for another night if I want a safe place to sleep.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I clear my throat nervously, push my hair back, and look around the room. "Um, right." There's only the other seat, and having no experience with dealing with important people, let alone goddesses, I move to it and sit. Her clothing is also simple... maybe it's one of the rules of this place? I shouldn't be thinking about such trivial details!

"I guess you already know my name, who I am..." I say, trying to figure this whole thing out. ...and why I'm here. Sareesa asked me about life back on Norrec, and I wonder where to begin. "Well... as you noted, I can only speak for my own experience, but things certainly aren't quiet." I shift in my seat to try and get more comfortable.

"I suppose the most interesting thing, though, would be recent events. I'd left my hometown to see the world and after a few misadventures I came to this small village. I'd heard that the Zealots were recruiting for a mission, maybe even an important one, and I wanted to be part of it. I was hired on the spot and told a representative would come to meet with me and five others the following day."

I reach up to adjust my hat but settle for pushing my hair back behind my ear when I remember it isn't there. "So while I was killing time at the bar, I was given a small job to deliver a package to the local temple. There I was put on the trail of goblins that had been attacking the town, and while tracking them down I met up with two of the others who had joined the mission, Frelock and Flintus. We worked together and took down the goblin tribe, sealing the caves they were hiding out in and preventing them from troubling the village and further."

"But their necromancers must have been able to complete whatever spell they were working on. When I awoke the next day from the vision you sent, an undead horde was assaulting the village! Through our group's efforts, the army was defeated, and we were able to save the people." I look down for a moment. "I asked the representative about the vision, but he was unable to give me any solid information. I sought out a Troll mystic, and after helping him out, he was able to send me here. To meet you, Miss Sareesa."

"Miss, I have to ask... What I saw last night... was it a memory of yours? A random vision? Was it a message of some sort?"

"I see, not quite what I was interested in hearing about, but a fine answer none the less, especially given how vague the question.  Now as to answer your question, it was one of my memories yes.  Everything you saw was true.  Many more things I will reveal to you. . .  in time.  For now though, I should like to ask you one question, what is your ultimate goal?  What is it, that by the end of your life, you should hope to accomplish?"

Elaborating further she says "For me, my ultimate goal was always love, and acceptance."

Startled by the question, I sit back in my chair and think about it for a moment. "That's a noble goal," I say. "There's not too many people who can honestly say they want that." But what is my answer to that question? There are a great many things I want to do before I die; I want to see more of the world, I want to settle down with an attractive, intelligent woman, I want to see the birth of my first grandchild... But I don't think any of these are the right answer.

So what is my ultimate ambition? There are a few things I can think of: to learn all there is to know about technology, to be remembered as a great hero who left the world a better place than I entered it, learning the secrets of the history of the world, like Sareesa's relationship with Sentinel... Hmm... "I guess... what I really want is knowledge. I want to know what makes this contraption work, that person decide to pick up a sword and fight. I want to know what action caused what effect."

I smile a bit self-consciously and look down. "I don't seek knowledge to prove I'm better than anyone else. A lot of the children in my hometown had thought that. A lot of the adults there didn't like kids who asked too many questions, claimed that I was a nosy brat poking into things I'd never understand. Practically everyone thought there was something wrong with a child who'd rather fiddle with old broken-down machines than go outside and play. I didn't mean to be a bother, I just love learning new things. That's all I really want."

"So ultimately, what you desire then, is power.  The power to control the outcomes of your own actions through your knowledge, and the power of knowing what motivates other to action so that you not only understand others, but are able to make them WANT to do what you want."  Sareesa says leaning back in her chair, clearly thinking.  "Hmmm, perhaps, there is just a sliver of a chance, you don't want the control that comes with power though, you merely wish to know, for it's own sake.  I will take that chance, if you wish it.  I have a gift that I would like to bestow on you, one that at times will seem more a curse than a blessing.  It will open your mind and body to possibilities that were before off-limit to you.  I warn you, those who have accepted this gift before you, they have all changed, many for the worse.  If you can overcome the challenges brought forth by my mark however, you will be immortal.  I will only ask once, and then never again will this path be open to you, do you wish to accept my mark?"  Sareesa asks, still leaning back, resting her head on her hand, observing you, waiting to see what your response will be.  You almost feel as though this is some kind of game she plays with everyone, searching for... something.

Quote from: Flintus10
Catch up with Khan and ask him if he is aware of the incredibly low chances of succeeding down here.

[1] Rushing down you accidentally go too fast near one of the edges of the platform and trip.  [1] Fall down into the gaping abyss beneath you grabbing for the stairs above that mere moments ago you were rushing down.  The sound of the wind rushes around and you try to think of some way to not die. 

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:45:57 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 17, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »

Just read. Or look for something more productive to do.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 18, 2011, 01:44:10 am »

Hone my skill with a blade and shield, waiting for us to leave.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 18, 2011, 07:14:33 am »

I think it over, but in only a few moments I've made my decision. This opportunity - let alone the entire encounter with Sareesa - is unique. As she said, I'll never have the chance again, and her words have piqued my curiosity despite being a warning. "I accept, not for the promise of immortality - I can see how that could end up being a curse - but because I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll be able to handle the trials. Maybe not. But I'd hate to say 'no' now and never know what they were."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:20 am »

Well, there goes another player. Maybe ill be playing sooner rather than later. :P

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 18, 2011, 12:04:36 pm »

Ask the youths any questions. Do they know why they are here? How did they get here? Finally search for any documents on the operations.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 18, 2011, 06:37:15 pm »

Look around, then notice the falling ally high above my head, immediately cast a mana-enchantment to slow his fall, such that he will land with only a light impact. Attempt to do this all quietly enough to not alert the women.
Nom nom nom

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 18, 2011, 10:00:58 pm »

If I survive I will infrom Khan of the requirments to get out of this place alive.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 71: THE DICE HATE YOU ALL!!!
« Reply #809 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:48 am »

Quote from: CoughDrop
Just read. Or look for something more productive to do.

[1]  ADVENTURE!!!!  WE MUST HAVE ADVENTURE!!!  In your mind anyhow as you sit around daydreaming about the journey to the Blue Blood Tower.

Quote from: Frelock
Hone my skill with a blade and shield, waiting for us to leave.

[1]  You nearly turn a freed prostitute into a target for your practice.  [2]  Wait no, you actually did... with your shield anyhow.  She should be fine... maybe you should lay low for a little while.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I think it over, but in only a few moments I've made my decision. This opportunity - let alone the entire encounter with Sareesa - is unique. As she said, I'll never have the chance again, and her words have piqued my curiosity despite being a warning. "I accept, not for the promise of immortality - I can see how that could end up being a curse - but because I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll be able to handle the trials. Maybe not. But I'd hate to say 'no' now and never know what they were."

"Very well, there is no turning back, what is done won't be undone." Sareesa says standing up and approaching you.  "Try to relax, this is usually an unpleasant experience."  [4]  She touches your hand and all of a sudden it feels as though you're a small child again.  Suddenly all the painful events of your life begin replaying over and over again in your mind.  Every time another child beat you up, every time an adult shunned you, all of the mocking throughout your life, all the pain associated with learning your trade, all the rejections from girls that you wanted to court, all of the fights you've ever been in replay in your mind, including the most recent fight with the Troll.  You feel like lashing out, and crying, and curling up into a ball and giving up all at once, but you can do none of those, you are frozen, watching all the pain that you have already undergone in your life replay.

Finally, after what seems to be an eternity of reliving your own memories, you see something new.  Everything is black, everything besides Sareesa and you.  She's walking towards you.  She's offering her hand to you.  You simply need to grab it...  and it'll all be over.  [4]  You reach out and take hold of her hand, suddenly the pain goes away as soon as you touch her.  Suddenly it appears as though you are in a great empty field.  "Malgun, this is only the beginning.  Others who have been offered the same gift as you can see you now as marked, and you can see them.  I warn you, most of them have gone completely mad and will try to kill you in an attempt to gain my favor.  If you pass all the challenges in the coming months however, you will rise above them all and take a place higher than any mortal could dream of.  I can offer you no other advise, other than to be yourself.  As she stops speaking she lets go of you and fades into nothingness, everything again fades into black.  It feels as though your entire body is being reshaped and rearranged.

You open your eyes and see Sareesa sitting back down across from you.  "I apologize, there is no way to make initiation easier.  It is all designed to test you, to make you stronger and fit for the ultimate purpose set before you." she says.  As you look at her, you realize that now you can see some sort of mark on her head, mostly obscured by her hair, but what you can see glows red as though it was hot iron.  Looking down at yourself, you see the same mark, or at least you think it is the same mark on your hand, only it is as black as. . . nothing.  If there was absolutely nothing, it would look like that.  "If you wish, I can send you back to the mortal world now, or do you have more questions you would like answered?"

((6 would have equaled painless, so even though it's a 4, it's still sort of a failure, just not nearly as bad as it could have been.))

Quote from: Ochita
Ask the youths any questions. Do they know why they are here? How did they get here? Finally search for any documents on the operations.

[4]  You begin asking one of the girls a question right before she leaves... before Frelock smacks her in the back of the head with his shield. . . damnit.

[1]  YOU HAVE FOUND DOCUMENTS!!!  They only look like rags used to wipe up assorted fluids.  That's the color coding to help you figure out which document contains what information.

Inventory:  "Documents"

Quote from: kilakan
Look around, then notice the falling ally high above my head, immediately cast a mana-enchantment to slow his fall, such that he will land with only a light impact. Attempt to do this all quietly enough to not alert the women.

[6]  You look around and notice a screaming figure heading downwards after falling off the stairs... they really need hand-rails for just such an occasion.

[6+3=9 of 7]  You manage to turn the still air into a gale that slows the figures decent to a non-fatal level.

The woman doesn't seem to notice either the sound of the wind or Flintus screaming about how happy he is to be alive.

Quote from: Flintus10
If I survive I will infrom Khan of the requirments to get out of this place alive.

[3]  "I'm alive.... I'M ALIVE!!!" You shout kissing the floor.  You kind of forgot about Khan being caught up in the whole, not dying thing.  You do see him though and decide to quiet down and walk over to him.

Enemy Turns

Enemy Status

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 116