Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94139 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 46: The Representative arrives, and sadness
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2010, 12:20:23 am »

It's all cool, just waiting for CoughDrops action.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2010, 12:42:07 am »

Allow the troll to examine the seal, but be careful to make sure he doesn't attempt to steal it or anything. Go meet with the representative.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2010, 04:40:45 pm »

Because thousand year old guardians of light and good are so prone to stealing....
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 47: The Zealot wants answers!
« Reply #588 on: November 30, 2010, 04:27:01 am »

Don't trust those senior citizens, they're tricky.

Quote from: Ochita
Okay, get that barstool covered with steel, add thorns and lashes and such. Enchant to deal extra damage. Make Ultimate weapon.

I look for a real sword. Check around at the blacksmiths to see if he is still alive and then get the best equipment. Afterwards go to the temple and see if I cant learn some divine spells. I may be slightly demonic but still... Also see If I cant learn a little bit about fire magic.

[4]  You're so confused, do you want a bar stool or a sword, you just can't decide.  SUCH A HARD DECISION!!!!!  BOTH!  It is the only answer.  [3]  You head to the blacksmith and he just has gotten back, he looks extremely drunk and says something to you.  "Ahyahdumbast*hic*ard...Yahceesumfalloprancin'abootkeelingooblins,yahtellsheemi'mready."  You have no idea what he's talking about. 

[1] You think about buying some items, but realize you have no money.  Drat.  You ask the blacksmith about credit and he proceeds to say "Doonackeyyelhavileh?"  You respond "Oh... yeah."  The blacksmith laughs a little then says "'Oh yeah.' flakyagootrihtbooletdropliquereh?"  You respond "Sure."  "'Sure." eh? Itreatousbakssiderihtaroodeh?"  You have no idea why you are thinking this but you are fairly certain you will never get credit here, ever.

((In case you are wondering that conversation makes absolutely no sense to me either.))

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I shoulder my rifle and look around. A lot of the town was destroyed in the assault; I wish I had time to assist, but it seems that the representative has arrived, and someone had better go see to that. I head towards the North Gate. I can always pick up my money when there's less pressing issues at hand.

[6]  You go and open the gate North Gate and wait for the Representative to arrive.

Quote from: Flintus10
Greet the representitive and see what he has to say.

You also wait for the Representative to arrive with Malgun.

Quote from: kilakan
Enchant my chain mail to drain mana from the surroundings, and channel it into the wearer, passively increasing the rate at which my mana restores.  It shouldn't have any noticeable effects on people or spells around it, just kind of sucks off the excess energy.
Head to meet the representative.

[3+3=6 out of 25]  You attempt to enchant your iron chain mail with a spell that increases your passive mana regeneration.  The iron decintigrates before your eyes leaving you with a small pile of iron dust.  Darn cheap metal and it's inability to hold amazingly powerful enchantments!

[4]  You successfully go and wait for the representative to arrive.  Nobody asks you about what happened to your iron chain mail.

Quote from: Frelock
Go back and find the blacksmith.  Collect my reward(new sword).  Also visit the captain of the guard and see what assistance I can give.

[3]  You go to the blacksmith but he looks busy with another person, whom you recognize to be Ochita.  He his also amazingly drunk and slurring his words together more than he was last time.  You patiently wait for Ochita to finish his business.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Allow the troll to examine the seal, but be careful to make sure he doesn't attempt to steal it or anything. Go meet with the representative.

[6]  You let Sentinel look at the Seal.  "'Dis, it be 'da real t'ing mon.  Ya' be lucky, don't be doin' anyt'ing Sareesa wouldn't, and it be stayin' wit ya for a long time.  I be back at 'da inn if you want to be talkin' later, for now, go greet 'da Zealot, big tings be ahead of you."  He says as he heads towards the inne after handing you back the Seal of Heaven.

You head towards the North Gate and the Zealot Representative arrives.  He looks around.  "Sweet mother of mercy. . . what happened here?"  he asks to the assembled group.  "It appears as though there were zombies here, but I sense something else happened, you four, tell me what happened."  says the Zealot pointing in the general direction of Khan, Dor'lek, Flintus, and Malgun.  Looks like before you get any more information he's going to get some out of you.  (Ochita and Frelock are excluded from adding their input into the story, the story the Representative receives will have an effect.)

Status Changes:

There were none, HA!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 30, 2010, 08:38:55 am »

Not being at the Inn at the time of zombie-apocalypse, Dor'lek has yet to know what brought about this morning's misfortunes. Dor'lek talks with the representative of today's battle and what part he played in it. He also goes on to tell the representative of his adventure with the Foul Gibberer. As of now, Dor'lek suspects that the Foul Gibberer had something to do with today's mishaps, but he refrains from telling the representative. Dor'lek then proceeds to tell the representative that he will be spending time healing the village's wounded and that if he is needed, he can be found at the Temple. Dor'lek proceeds to the temple unless someone gives him a reason not to.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 30, 2010, 10:43:56 am »

"I... don't really know what to say. Things have been strange since last night. I had a, I want to say vision, about Sareesa. And when I woke up, the city was under siege from zombies. We've been fighting all day." I shrug. Not much to my story, but I have no idea what happened. "Also, yesterday, Frelock, Flintus, and I cleared out some goblins in the nearby caves and sealed up the entrance... I think some of them were necromancers? Maybe they were responsible..." I trail off, thinking about it.

Pretty sure Malgun was still asleep when the zombie invasion started, anyway. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 30, 2010, 10:49:35 am »

Get my sword, and return to the rest of the party.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2010, 10:52:07 am »

Just grab a good sword and armor. I then follow frelock
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2010, 02:58:38 pm »

Ochita, you realize that would be stealing and you get a huge penalty to stealing if you're not the thief class right?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2010, 04:39:11 pm »

Well I could lie..... but well, you see it all started when we decided to kill off a cult of necromancers and demon worshipers beneath the town, and it went pretty well.  I mean we killed Vonex(I forgot his name, what was it?) the demon lord(of blood was it?) and a gibbering nightmare type creature.  We cleared the entire thing out easily, and I proceeded to fix the structural foundations of the town to save any innocent lives.  Someone grabbed some type of crystal while we were down there, though I didn't know at the time, and he kindly asked me to remove the enchantment from it.  To my horror, just as I started to work on the crystal, the energies activated inside it, and it well..... unleashed a giant zombie horde (Ducks encase anyone throws something at me), WAIT A SECOND I'm not done.  So quickly thinking I ran outside the inn, and to the market district where I proceeded to send the undead back to where they came, via the purifying fire.  I destroyed many undead myself, before one of them managed to get to the temple, where I then headed and began defending the townspeople from the onslaught, meanwhile I had prevented a town wide fire via a rain enchantment.  The south gates however were under danger of being destroyed, and I headed there as quickly as possible.  Working a masive enchantment me and the help of an ally prevented that danger too.  Just in time for a demon portal to open at the north of town....  Rushing there I dispatched two demons and saved the life of an ally.  SO I would like some armor and gold please?  Or atleast to not be killed for starting this.......

ANYWAYS! throughout the entire talk, enchant saressa's staff with a short range teleportation spell, and if anyone attempts to grab or harm me, use it to quickly escape and run like hell.
Nom nom nom

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2010, 07:12:44 pm »

I'll let the others talk and then after they are finished.
"I found the crystal in a goblin cave nearby they seemed to be performing necromancy using this crystal. We brought it back and after investigating it released an enchantment and changed color once the undead rose up and attacked the town. I also believe that this ancient tome is related somehow and am currently investigating the connenction. Now would you tell us what all this is about?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 48: The penalty for stealing is...
« Reply #596 on: December 01, 2010, 12:57:39 am »

I'll let the others talk and then after they are finished.
"I found the crystal in a goblin cave nearby they seemed to be performing necromancy using this crystal. We brought it back and after investigating it released an enchantment and changed color once the undead rose up and attacked the town. I also believe that this ancient tome is related somehow and am currently investigating the connenction. Now would you tell us what all this is about?"

Well I could lie..... but well, you see it all started when we decided to kill off a cult of necromancers and demon worshipers beneath the town, and it went pretty well.  I mean we killed Vonex(I forgot his name, what was it?) the demon lord(of blood was it?) and a gibbering nightmare type creature.  We cleared the entire thing out easily, and I proceeded to fix the structural foundations of the town to save any innocent lives.  Someone grabbed some type of crystal while we were down there, though I didn't know at the time, and he kindly asked me to remove the enchantment from it.  To my horror, just as I started to work on the crystal, the energies activated inside it, and it well..... unleashed a giant zombie horde (Ducks encase anyone throws something at me), WAIT A SECOND I'm not done.  So quickly thinking I ran outside the inn, and to the market district where I proceeded to send the undead back to where they came, via the purifying fire.  I destroyed many undead myself, before one of them managed to get to the temple, where I then headed and began defending the townspeople from the onslaught, meanwhile I had prevented a town wide fire via a rain enchantment.  The south gates however were under danger of being destroyed, and I headed there as quickly as possible.  Working a masive enchantment me and the help of an ally prevented that danger too.  Just in time for a demon portal to open at the north of town....  Rushing there I dispatched two demons and saved the life of an ally.  SO I would like some armor and gold please?  Or atleast to not be killed for starting this.......

ANYWAYS! throughout the entire talk, enchant saressa's staff with a short range teleportation spell, and if anyone attempts to grab or harm me, use it to quickly escape and run like hell.

"I... don't really know what to say. Things have been strange since last night. I had a, I want to say vision, about Sareesa. And when I woke up, the city was under siege from zombies. We've been fighting all day." I shrug. Not much to my story, but I have no idea what happened. "Also, yesterday, Frelock, Flintus, and I cleared out some goblins in the nearby caves and sealed up the entrance... I think some of them were necromancers? Maybe they were responsible..." I trail off, thinking about it.
Not being at the Inn at the time of zombie-apocalypse, Dor'lek has yet to know what brought about this morning's misfortunes. Dor'lek talks with the representative of today's battle and what part he played in it. He also goes on to tell the representative of his adventure with the Foul Gibberer. As of now, Dor'lek suspects that the Foul Gibberer had something to do with today's mishaps, but he refrains from telling the representative. Dor'lek then proceeds to tell the representative that he will be spending time healing the village's wounded and that if he is needed, he can be found at the Temple. Dor'lek proceeds to the temple unless someone gives him a reason not to.

To Flintus:  I was hoping you could tell me what this is about.  I came here to see to commissions, I wasn't expecting to walk onto a battlefield.  As for the crystal, that is rather beyond my expertise, you'll probably have to take it to an expert mage in Sareesa's Mercy.  You'll find a sizable mage's guild there, but finding the right mage to look at it may be an issue.

To Kilakan:  Apparently that crystal is powerful, it's probably for the best you took that enchantment off however, no good could have come of it if it would have stayed on, I unfortunately have some experience in dealing with powerful artifacts that have been corrupted.  As for armor or gold, since you started it, I see no reason to give you any, but you did work to fix the problem so you need not worry about any repercussions.  ((You attempt to enchant your staff but it is far too taxing to talk and enchant at the same time so you give it up))

To Malgun:  A vision, from Sareesa you say. . . such events are very rare.  Sareesa is usually far to busy directing the war against the Nether to give visions.  It was probably just a dream, I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

To CoughDrop:  A demonic cult operating out of this town as well.  It's clear it will take a larger contingent of knights to pacify this town for the time being.  It is clear however, that you four, as well as your two companions, who are not present, are to be thanked.  I'll have to have a message dispatched to Sareesa's Mercy in order to increase the garrison here, as well as clean up any remaining undead, goblins, or cultists.  I'll need to speak with several other people around town, meet me in a little bit at the town hall, and I'll see to your commissions as well as any rewards that are due to you.

Quote from: Ochita
Just grab a good sword and armor. I then follow frelock

[1-2=-1]  As you attempt to walk out "stealthily" with a sword and some armor a guardsman approaches.  "You there, put those down."  he says pointing at you.  [1]  You decide to continue walking and feign ignorance.  The guard takes out his mace and slams it into your chest.  (Guard rolls:  [5] [(4+3)x2=14 damage])  You've decided stealing is a terrible idea and give the guard the sword and armor.  It feels distinctly like some of your ribs are broken.

((Kilakan can attest, the exact same thing happened to him, I am nothing if not fair.))

Quote from: Frelock
Get my sword, and return to the rest of the party.

[3]  You watch as Ochita gets slammed with a mace to the ribs and the guard returns the sword and armor.  You approach the blacksmith and it appears he's fallen asleep while standing there.  You politely poke him to wake him up.  "Huh?  Oh, o'er there."  He says pointing towards the sword the guard brought back.  You pick it up and walk out.  You stand wondering whether or not you should help Ochita.  Hmmmm?

Status Change:

Ochita
Health:  5 of 19
Mana:  5 of 5

Frelock
Inventory:
Sword of Stars:  A broadsword that seems to glimmer in the darkness. (provides half-light in the immediate area)  When used against a magic caster of any type, it will deplete an amount equivalent to the damage done by the sword.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 01, 2010, 01:31:20 am »

Head to the captain of the guard and get my reward for clearing out the goblins

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 01, 2010, 02:12:46 am »

Cast a small heal on the fool, then go back to the rest of the party.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 01, 2010, 02:35:04 am »

"Oh god my ribs, that was.. dumb. Well... lets get back.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 116