Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94101 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 36: The North Gate
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:53 am »

Better put out that fire quickly. It's more damaging and dangerous than the zombies right now since it will have a long term effect on your characters. A town without it's town hall means no meeting place for quest givers, informats, etc and it will damage and destroy a large portion of the town, god help you all if it spreads.

This isn't a hard-coded game... IF the town hall is destroyed, I'm sure a temporary meeting place would be able to be set up (assuming the town survives).
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2010, 11:43:10 am »

i have 2. I get this acid off me! I then go to the market to get a sword and possible magical armor, also bullets.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2010, 02:00:07 pm »

OK to answer questions.

1)  Well if the rolls are good enough you can technically defeat it.  Much more likely, you hold out until the Zealot Representative arrives with a group of knights and then finish off whatever is left of the siege. 
2)  Just go grab it from the Market district, everyone is a bit busy hiding or fighting the zombies right now.
3)  Ochita, I'd like to point out, you can't use the sword or your gun until you disenchant your bar-stool.

I think that's all for now.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2010, 02:11:11 pm »

Oh, I know.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 09, 2010, 10:54:23 pm »

Waiting for Frelock

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2010, 01:22:36 am »

Sorry.  I think, for my feat I will choose Cleave in Twain: A single slice either down or across.  Down provides massive damage to a single enemy (or multiple enemies stacked on top of each other), Across spreads that damage in a wide arc.

Add holy mana to my sword, attack the group surrounding me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2010, 03:16:44 am »

Very cool, I like it and it has multiple applications which makes it better.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2010, 04:16:42 am »

Is Ochita's bar stool now cursed?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2010, 05:33:34 am »

Hmmm... technically, I would say it is through misuse of magic. It doesnt comply to the users wishes as they would like to which is what cursed weapons do, so I would say its cursed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2010, 09:08:17 am »

You know, I never thought of that as a use for remove curse... so yeah, I guess if you want to use remove curse so Ochita can equip something other than a bar-stool that works.  Also CoughDrop you should post in Dwarf Fortress Cobalt Edition.  Thread is epic and all that good stuff.

I got the turn mostly done last night, I'm finishing it up now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2010, 11:29:46 am »

Dude, you work fast and with quality. I'm impressed. Keep it up!  :D

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 37: The Enemy has Arrived
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2010, 12:16:24 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Lead the defense of the south gate!

[2]  You begin to walk back to the south gate... but there is so much loot here in the market district... [5] NO!  SOUTH GATE NOW!  You break into a run and arrive just as the militia does.  [3]  You've never really directed an army or anything before, but there's no time to learn like the present.  You break the men up into groups.  One group is standing at the gate ready in case the gates fail.  One group joins the guards up on the walls, and the third group you set off to the market district to get bows and arrows.  Let's hope they get back soon.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Head towards the north gate, once again casting Destroy Undead upon any mobs.

[4]  You begin to head towards the North Gate.  You see a mob of zombies walking towards the North Gate.  [4]  [(2+4)x3=18 damage]  Several of the zombies fall down and turn to dust but the mob continues on as though nothing has happened.

Quote from: kilakan
Attempt to lay out a large area enchantment which shall cause a rain type spell like the support one, which shall cause it to begin raining, hopefully putting out the fires in the town hall district.  If at all possible (aka unless it will make this hard for me to complete) add a anti-undead effect to it, causing the undeads skin to slowly burn away (like maybe -2 health per turn per group?

[9+3=12 of 10]  Working quick you unleash your mana into making a rune as big as the entire town.  Now that you have a base to work off of, you focus your mana into creating a rainstorm.  Thankfully you are very successful and soon the town of Zaludthur has a moderate storm overhead.  The fire that was just starting in the Town Hall district is extinguished.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Dor'lek managed to escape, it seems. But why are all the zombies suddenly heading north? I fire the last bullet in the clip at the plague infestor and reload, then leave the inn with the intention of regrouping with the others outside.

[1]  You attempt to take a quick shot at the plague infestor but miss.  Oh well, Gardios probably has it under control anyhow.  [6]  You grab your equipment and head down to the market district while popping a new clip into your rifle and expending the spent cartridge.  You see several militiamen rooting around for bow and arrows and Dor'lek chasing after a mob of Zombies heading North.  You also see Gardios approaching your way, and... is that Ochita, it looks like his skin is half melted off his body.  Where to go now?

Quote from: Ochita
I get this acid off me! I then go to the market to get a sword and possible magical armor, also bullets.

[5]  You manage to get some of the acid off of you, but not before the damage is done.  THE PAIN IS UNIMAGINABLE!!!  [3] You head to the market district, but you can't focus on picking up anything other than clothes in order to regain your dignity.  After all that acid ate through all your clothing.

Inventory:  +Clean Clothing -Acid-Drenched Clothes

Quote from:
Add holy mana to my sword, attack the group surrounding me.

[10 of 3]  Unintentionally, you enchant your sword to permanently have holy energy coursing through it. (+ 1 damage to undead and Demons)  [3] [(5+3+1)/2=5 damage]  You slice through a zombie but unfortunately your sword gets stuck in the second somebody.  Heaving with all your strength you manage to bash the zombie against one of his brethren.  Kicking the now lifeless corpse off you prepare for the next onslaught.

Quote from: Gardios Sorrowsworn
Kill Plague Infestor, then head North

[4] [6+3=9 damage]  Running forward, holstering his gun Gardios slices the Plague Infestor clean in half as a misplace bullet ricochets off the pavement.  [4]  Running north Gardios finds himself in the market district.  He sees Ochita and Malgun.  "You two, with me, we're going to save Dor'lek, he doesn't know what he faces."

Spoiler: Enemy Turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Stauts (click to show/hide)

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Status of Zaludthur
Temple:  Safe to evacuate
Town Hall:  Extinguished
Civilians Alive: 514 (5 dead, 31 undead)
Houses Intact:  62/64
Graveyard:  100/250 graves intact, 125/250 graves immune, 25/250 graves defiled *safe*
North Gate:  32 Health Sacrificed
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:24:40 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 37: The Enemy has arrived
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2010, 12:40:11 pm »

Continue on towards the North Gate... preferably stealthily as I don't want to have the owners of the evil laughter all coming after me at once.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2010, 12:42:51 pm »

Enchant my barstool to fly away from me, then I pick up a sword and some chain armor. After that I shall head to the north gate with guy.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2010, 12:47:45 pm »

Enchant my barstool to fly away from me, then I pick up a sword and some chain armor. After that I shall head to the north gate with guy.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE THAT ACTION!!!  I'm going to have fun with this *evil smile*
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 116