Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94099 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 35: Speeches, Skills, and Kills
« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2010, 08:58:22 am »

Just realized I already used the term skills, so change that to Feats rather than Skills.

Also, could everybody post how many Skill-ups they've received so far?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:41 am »

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2010, 09:18:00 am »

I didn't give you a point yet Dor'lek... I thought I did.  Erm, apparently I'm really bad at keeping track of things >.>

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2010, 11:03:42 am »

I've gotten two: one went to construction, one went to tech use.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 08, 2010, 11:46:51 am »

Swing! at that plague infestor.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 08, 2010, 04:11:14 pm »

I forgot what these do "Tears of the Penitent"
1 skill up, went to enchanting.
Focus my spell through my ruby necklace(+2 to fire damage) and cast fire-shield upon myself, drink the mana potion, then continue attacking the zombies at the temples steps.  Guys, I could use some help, my defenses are gonna fall soon!!
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 08, 2010, 06:00:28 pm »

Tears of the Penitent are cure-alls, they get rid of poison disease and curses, all at once!  Also, if anybody had a good potion making skill, You could make some BAD ASS healing potions with them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:29 pm »

Yay!  I now have a usable amount of mana!  I'll mull over the feat I get for a while, if that's alright with you.  I want to think up something both useful and cool.

Just Retribution to the plague infestor if Ochita doesn't kill him.  If he did, then use the spell on zombie mob 3.  Then attack zombie mob 3.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 36: The North Gate
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2010, 02:52:21 am »

Dor'lek gets a point in. . . ANYTHING.

Also, I re-did the calculations and I found out I gave Frelock his level up one skill-up too soon, but I'm not going to take it away, he'll just have to wait longer for the next level up.

People I need to know how many skill-ups they've received:  Ochita and Flintus.  I'm asking because I want you all to be level 2 by the time you leave Zaludthur so I need to make a plan for how quick you guys level up.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Looking at Khan through the scope, I recognize him as one of the other people here to meet the representative. A quick sweep of the battlefield also shows that Frelock, Ochita, and Dor'lek are outside. Frelock looks like he's handling himself very well, and he and Ochita are headed towards Khan, so I figure the three of them can hold their own and look towards the priest. A mob of zombies is heading towards him... definitely not good.

I lean out of the window. "Stay down! I'll cover you!" I yell, hoping he hears me, and aim at the zombies. Here's hoping my luck stays up, for his sake. I fire at the zombies and eject the spent shell. That probably drew their attention. I should take another shot, then retreat; that priest'll need some time to get to a better location himself, but this room's not going to be easy to defend if they get inside.

[5] [(3+2+1)x2=12 damage]  Taking aim, you let loose another shot.  Six zombies drop down, dead.  As you straighten up and eject the cartridge, you realize, that this hotel isn't the easiest defended position.  Grabbing your Trap Box and all your other gear you prepare to leave.

(I swear if you take a feat and it is anything other than "destroy all zombies" I'm going to RAAAAGGGEEE!  J/K  but seriously, you have gotten so lucky with the zombie slaying.  Also, forced Gun Use skill up and level two.)

Quote from: Flintus10
The guards seem to be holding fine for now so I will head back into town and rally every able-bodied citizen I can find and try to get them equipped.

[6]  No need to go through the streets you think to yourself.  You run up to the horn at the gate and let out 3 short howls to let the town's militia know they are needed.  They should be here soon.  [5]  You need some more bullets though you think to yourself.  You run to the market district and find an abandoned stall with several bags of bullets.  You grab one, figuring defense of the town is payment enough.  Time to head back to the south gate.

Inventory:  36 bullets

Quote from: CoughDrop
Seeing the mob of zombies coming for him, Dor'lek turns his attention away from the infestor to look out for his own safety. "Back to Oblivion!", he yells as he casts Destroy Undead upon the encroaching Zombie Mob 3.

[1]  You look at the zombies as they run towards you.  What on earth are you going to do?  [2]  RUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!  [5]  And run you do, all the way back to the market district.  You see Flintus there picking up some bullets.  You stop and catch your breath.  You think you lost the zombies now.

Quote from: kilakan
Focus my spell through my ruby necklace(+2 to fire damage) and cast fire-shield upon myself, drink the mana potion, then continue attacking the zombies at the temples steps.  Guys, I could use some help, my defenses are gonna fall soon!!

[1] OH GOD, ZOMBIES!  [2]  RUN!  RUN!  RUN!  RUN!  RUN!  RUN!  [2]  Unfortunately you trip over a gravestone as you run. 

(No joke same result twice in a row.)

Quote from: Ochita
Swing! at that plague infestor.

[4] [5+2=7 damage]  Running forwards, you swing your make-shift two-handed mace towards the Plague Infestor.  With a thud the Plague Infestor quivers with pain, about to collapse.

Quote from: Frelock
Just Retribution to the plague infestor if Ochita doesn't kill him.  If he did, then use the spell on zombie mob 3.  Then attack zombie mob 3.

[4] [3 damage] With a blast of holy energy you hit the Infestor as Ochita beats on it with his bar stool.  Running towards the mob of zombies you ready your sword and swing.  [1]  Unfortunately you misjudge the speed of the zombies and miss.

Quote from: Gardios Sorrowsworn
Get Weapons, head towards Town Hall.
[6]  Quickly Gardios breaks out of his stupor and runs to the Town Hall.  He finds it empty of everything but the Plague Infestor when he arrives.  "Oh, this can't be good."

[FEAT ACTIVATED!  Blade Tempest]  Taking his sword out of his sheath Gardios runs towards the Infestor.  His bade begins to glow yellow as the power of air courses through him and into his sword.  Performing a complicated set of moves Guy slices of several pieces of the Infestor before jumping back and shooting it.  [35 damage]

Spoiler: Enemy Turns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Status (click to show/hide)

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Status of Zaludthur:
Temple:  1 turn until forced open (paused)
Town Hall: 2 turns to stop fire
Civilians Alive: 514 (5 dead, 31 undead)
Houses Intact:  62/64
Graveyard:  100/250 graves intact, 125/250 graves immune, 25/250 graves defiled *safe*

I'll give you a hint to what is at the North Gate, BAD!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:00:50 am by V-Norrec »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2010, 05:26:01 am »

Lead the defense of the south gate!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:32 am »

Oh my, your die certainly love zombies.
Point in Healing with new spell: Remove Curses
Head towards the north gate, once again casting Destroy Undead upon any mobs.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2010, 09:29:20 am »

ah shit....... um....

Attempt to lay out a large area enchantment which shall cause a rain type spell like the support one, which shall cause it to begin raining, hopefully putting out the fires in the town hall district.  If at all possible (aka unless it will make this hard for me to complete) add a anti-undead effect to it, causing the undeads skin to slowly burn away (like maybe -2 health per turn per group?
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:18 am »

Also two questions:
1.  Are we actually supposed to be able to beat this siege or simply hold out till this something bad appears then kill it?
2.  Whatever happened to our rewards from beating the blood demon?  I'd like that armor right about now.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 09, 2010, 10:18:02 am »

lol. Malgun does seem to have excellent luck with zombie killing. I'm actually torn between whether to take a feat that boosts his ability to kill zombies and one that gives him a better chance to deconstruct with well-placed shots, since that worked out well. Plus it would be totally awesome to break an enemy's sword with one bullet. But, I think I'll wait until Malgun's a higher level to go for that one and get the zombie-killing enhancement now, while it's more relevant.

Dor'lek managed to escape, it seems. But why are all the zombies suddenly heading north? I fire the last bullet in the clip at the plague infestor, if Malgun can see it from the window; if not, the skeletal mob walking past Khan and reload, then leave the inn with the intention of regrouping with the others outside.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:57 am »

Better put out that fire quickly. It's more damaging and dangerous than the zombies right now since it will have a long term effect on your characters. A town without it's town hall means no meeting place for quest givers, informats, etc and it will damage and destroy a large portion of the town, god help you all if it spreads.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 116