Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94045 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 26: Malgun, Slayer of Zombies
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »

"Sounds good, let's head out, maybe I could get a few drinks for us from the barkeeper"  Head out of the place, back to the town with guy.
Nom nom nom

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2010, 06:58:46 pm »

Hey, is it ok if I join this, since this does look really cool.

If I can, then here's my character (I note a distinct lack of thieving characters in the party. I thought you guys could use some shenanigans on your side.):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since I'm starting a bit late, do you mind if I get a few extra things in my inventory? If I can, then can you add the following things:

Some silver coins
A garrote (a wire between two handles)
A blackjack (small club for knocking people out)
And most important of all, a set of thieves tools

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2010, 08:00:56 pm »

Holy shit, that was an epic shot. o.O Um, right. Skill point to Technology Use.

I shoulder the rifle and take my hat off for the moment. That was a once in a lifetime shot, I think, offering a quick thanks to whatever God helped me there, and look around. It looks like this is the only way for the goblins to get through; all we have to do is block it off. Too bad I don't have the means to engineer a cave-in...

"I'm going to go get some bricks and mortar from the supplies at the entrance. We can seal this place off," I say. Once we take care of that, the town shouldn't have any more problems from here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »

Sorry for for taking so long to reply, been having internet connection trouble along with trying to host a minecraft server.
Also, I would like a spellbook in the healing tree.

Tell the girl of what has befallen her and guide her to the surface. Make sure that the poisoned drinks have been purged and continue on to the Palace to heal any of those who are still sick.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »

I don't think I could keep up with 7, I will put you on the waiting list and shoot you a PM when we have a tragic death in our little family if you would like though.  Also, I'm working on the post now, it'll be an edit on this post I thought I'd just address this question first.  Also yeah, you'll get extra shit when you join up since everyone here is about to level up (a.k.a. get more health)  Got to keep you alive.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 27: Mysterious Tome
« Reply #305 on: October 29, 2010, 08:24:33 pm »

Yeah, I'm late, stuff happened, it kinda sucked, but I'm better now!  I'll try to update twice this weekend to make up for it.

Quote from: Frelock
Grab the gem and hold it against my armor in an attempt to temporarily nullify its effects.  Then, look around for an exit/loot.

[2]  You grab the gem and hold it against your armor to try and nullify it's effects... but it's not working... [6]  You toss the gem to Flintus to hold onto before the demonic corruption effects your armor.  That was close.
[1]  As you start looking around for any additional exits or anything valuable, the dark vision granted to you by your prayer wears off and you can't see anything besides Malgun and his torch.

Quote from: Flintus10
check out what else is in this cave and if nothing help the others brick in the goblins.

[5]  You check out the rest of the cave.  Examining it, it appears to be some kind of ancient burial chamber for mages.  That would explain the smooth walls up above.  Most of the coffins are still bricked in a couple are open and the coffins desecrated however.  You take a closer look at the desecrated coffins, seeing if there might be anything inside of value.  Most everything has turned to dust now, but you find a black leather-bound tome.  Inside you see it has been written in a peculiar code.  You stow the tome inside of your Bedroll so you can start the process of decoding it later.

[1]  You spend the rest of the time wondering about how to keep these ancient mages safe from further desecration.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I shoulder the rifle and take my hat off for the moment. That was a once in a lifetime shot, I think, offering a quick thanks to whatever God helped me there, and look around. It looks like this is the only way for the goblins to get through; all we have to do is block it off. Too bad I don't have the means to engineer a cave-in...

"I'm going to go get some bricks and mortar from the supplies at the entrance. We can seal this place off," I say. Once we take care of that, the town shouldn't have any more problems from here.

[4] With a quick thanks to the heavens you put your hat back on and look around the room for any additional ways to get access.  Finding none, you begin to head back up to seal off the Goblins and keep them trapped until they starve.  "I'm going to go get some bricks and mortar from the supplies at the entrance, with those we can seal the goblins in and the town won't have any more problems from their kind for a while."  You say.

[1]  As you start to go up you realize Frelock can't see anymore, you decide to wait until he has a torch lit before going up.

Quote from: Ochita
I will make a pair of gloves. After that I shall go to where the dead man is and set him to rest (Final rites)

[3 of 5] You start trying to form the Gibberer flesh into leather gloves.  You've never done anything like this before, but you will have your gloves!  After much trial, error, and effort, you have a pair of gloves, there are absolutely no remarkable qualities about them though, they don't even offer much protection.

[3]  You walk back to the entrance and find the girl revived but the man dead on the wall.  You take the him down, off the hooks that were holding him aloft and place him neatly on the ground.  You've never really done the final rites for anyone before so you just kind of mumble your way through it.

Inventory:  Botched Leather Gloves

Quote from: kilakan
"Sounds good, let's head out, maybe I could get a few drinks for us from the barkeeper"  Head out of the place, back to the town with guy.

[5]  "Sounds good, let's get out of here, this place gives me the creeps."  You say following Guy to the entrance.  Guy takes out one of those trinkets you saw earlier, it's a miniature ladder.  With a spoken word the ladder grows to full-size and provides everyone a way out of the cavern carved below town.  Wait... if it's below town, and there was a cave-in, then some of the buildings are in danger!  With this thought just now striking you can't even put words to it and tell the others.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Tell the girl of what has befallen her and guide her to the surface. Make sure that the poisoned drinks have been purged and continue on to the Palace to heal any of those who are still sick.
(I assume you mean temple, the closest thing to a Palace here is a town hall.)

[4]  You gently stand the girl up and lead her to the ladder that Guy has produced.  "Don't worry, everything is OK now, I'll explain everything when we get you home."  you say, wanting to tell her parents what had happened as well.  You think it would be best if they were present for what you had to say.

"Gardios, you'll make sure the drinks are taken care of right?" you ask.  He nods at you to let you know you don't have to worry about it.  You begin to follow the girl back to her house so you can let her parents know what transpired in that foul place.

Enemy Turns

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2010, 08:40:53 pm »

Head out into the town and tell the nearest person I see to start telling the townsfolk that the demon who was attacking them with goblins is dead, and to warn people that his base was in caves underneath the town and that some of the houses could be in danger of collapse.  Then continue to the tavern with gardios.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2010, 08:53:11 pm »

Throw the gloves away and look for a temple of some kind. Talk to the priest there if there is one.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2010, 08:57:41 pm »

Head out of the cave with the others and brick in the goblins. Give the gem to Malgun to investigate as i will most likely be busy with the tome.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2010, 08:58:47 pm »

Throw the gloves away and look for a temple of some kind. Talk to the priest there if there is one.

what about?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »

About how there was a demon under town,  how a group had saved me, how we took down this foul gibbler and how my demon hunter training repeled its mental attacks. Finally how we killed a great demon under town. On the way up I saw a dead man, gave him his final rites (Not very well) and then ask if there had been any infections or such from people. Them acting strangely. Ask if they need any help (I know its a she, keeping in semi character.). Finally. Ask if there are any mages around here, also a blacksmith. Also say I am happy to help out around the temple. I can help.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2010, 10:47:16 pm »

Ah, yes, I meant temple. 

Take the girl back to her parents, (Edit: tell them what happened,) and make sure that she will be safe. Also, ask them if they possibly know where I could get my hands on some books (for healing). .
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:28:27 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2010, 02:05:27 am »

Light a torch, then offer up some prayers for the mage's souls and undesecrate/clean up whatever I can, then move out to help Serious wall off the goblins.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

Too bad I don't know about the caverns under the village. Maybe I could construct some supports. Then link them to a lever, do some serious channeling, and make unreasonable demands.

I wait for everyone to join me before I go get the supplies. There might still be stuff down here, and rushing off alone isn't a bright idea.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 28: What do you do with a walled-in goblin?
« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2010, 12:53:58 am »

Quote from: kilakan
Head out into the town and tell the nearest person I see to start telling the townsfolk that the demon who was attacking them with goblins is dead, and to warn people that his base was in caves underneath the town and that some of the houses could be in danger of collapse.  Then continue to the tavern with Gardios.

[3]  You approach a man outside of the house and tell him the problem, you then disappear into the growing darkness of the night, like some kind of misinformed Batman.  Gardios looks at you and asks, "Well, aren't you going to help?  The rooms will still be there, and I can wait.

Quote from: Ochita

[5]  Uggg, worthless gloves, you toss them to the ground and head out to town.  Looking around you head to the Temple.  Inside you find a priestess tending to the last of the ill townspeople.  You tell her about the horrors you witnessed beneath the cold earth there.

[2]  Having told your tale you ask about people who have been acting strangely as of late.  The priestess responds to you, "I've seen no one acting strangely, though to be honest I have been busy for weeks here assisting the sick.  I wish you luck in your search however."  she says as she heads to the private quarters of the temple staff to retire for the night.

"If you remember anything, let me know."  You say as you walk out of the temple.  It's beginning to rain outside.  Perhaps you should just find some shelter for the night.

Quote from: Flintus10
Head out of the cave with the others and brick in the goblins. Give the gem to Malgun to investigate as i will most likely be busy with the tome.

[6]  You think about handing the gem to Malgun, but no, it is yours!  None of the others can possess it.  You shake your head, clearing out the thoughts, this gem is becoming visibly different then when you first found it now that is is surrounded by the corpses of these dead mages, it's as though the crystal is drawing power from their souls. . .  thinking about it carefully, you decide to take the crystal up above away from everyone else so that it won't become any more powerful, and also to protect the others from the influence that would surely corrupt them.

[4]  Thinking back to the tome, you begin thinking that maybe this crystal and the tome are somehow related.  You almost can't wait to begin to further investigate you ideas.  You head up easily making your way through the traps now and wait for Malgun to arrive so you can assist him with walling in the goblins.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Take the girl back to her parents, (Edit: tell them what happened,) and make sure that she will be safe. Also, ask them if they possibly know where I could get my hands on some books (for healing). .

[6]  You take the girl back to her parents house.  Once you arrive you knock politely on the door.  When the door is opened, and the parents see that you have brought their daughter back, the eagerly welcome you into the house.  The house is a bit small, but enough for the family of three that live there.  Taking a seat, you tell the parents what happened to their daughter and the events that lead to them being reunited. 

The parents seem quite disturbed at what you tell them, seemingly having no idea that something so evil lurked within Zaludthur.  Standing you bow to the family and turn to leave when a thought strikes you.  "Do you know where I might be able to find some books that expand on the healing arts?" you ask.  They look and shake their heads.  You head out into the rainy night and begin to head towards the inn where Gardios was staying, he seems to know almost everything happening in this town, perhaps it would be better to ask him.

Quote from: Frelock
Light a torch, then offer up some prayers for the mage's souls and undesecrate/clean up whatever I can, then move out to help Serious wall off the goblins.

[6]  You light a torch and see that this was a burial chamber, now desecrated.  You offer a quick prayer for the souls of those who were buried here before heading up with Malgun to help wall off the Goblins (There isn't much to clean up, the desecration was the Wight you just killed)  [3]  You head up with Malgun and get to the wall and start helping him wall the goblins in.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I wait for everyone to join me before I go get the supplies. There might still be stuff down here, and rushing off alone isn't a bright idea.

[3]  You head up top,  It is almost dusk now.  You quickly set to work on bricking in the goblins.

[8+8+7+1+4=28 out of 18]  You all set to work on building the wall and it turns out stronger than you would have imagined.  Instead of using simple bricks which would slowly erode, or could be torn apart by the goblins, you use sturdy rock instead, where there are any gaps, you fill in with mortar.  The final product is sure to keep the goblins from escaping until every last one of them starves to death.  You look at your work proudly.  As you turn around, you see it is growing darker outside.  "Come on, we should get back to town before nightfall.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

I've decided to go a bit more Diablo-y than I previously thought I would, it should be fun.  Also time-line wise, Demon Group is a bit further along than Goblin Group.  So by the time Goblin Group gets back to town, you should both be in the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 116