Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94042 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 25: Wight = failboat
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2010, 01:10:49 am »

Channel what little holy energy I have into my sword, and take a swing at the immobilized wight
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2010, 02:24:05 am »

Pistol to immobalized wights head and blow his...well shoot him.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2010, 05:57:51 am »

Try to skin some of the gibbler skin to use in making some armor for myself, also try to get a bone or two for a dagger.

(Well we destroyed a plot point for later :P)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2010, 03:30:09 pm »

Not being interested in any materialistic gains, Dor'lek heads back to the entrance to see if the mutilated bodies are still there. See if it would even be possible to heal them... If not, painlessly put them out of their misery.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2010, 04:26:01 pm »

Meditate on the magics used previously and attempt to re-form the fire spell Velnex used, but as an elemental spell, don't cast it, just recreate it.

To guy "So that was fun, do we get anything for that or shall we run off to kill another demon?
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 27, 2010, 05:02:49 pm »

OK, so I has a question for the demon-slaying group, what would you rather receive as an award, cash money, an expanded spellbook to open up the next tier of magic, artifacts/relics, or some service to be called upon later at a future date (a.k.a. the help of Gardios in a future conflict)

I'll allow you all to choose any one of those.

Also, Frelock, I've also come up with a new class of artifact, "Weapon training",  It allows you to perform more complicated move sets (i.e. for one action, you can attack two targets, or shield wall or something to that effect).  Would you or anybody interested in something like that?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 27, 2010, 05:24:11 pm »

OK, so I has a question for the demon-slaying group, what would you rather receive as an award, cash money, an expanded spellbook to open up the next tier of magic, artifacts/relics, or some service to be called upon later at a future date (a.k.a. the help of Gardios in a future conflict)

I'll allow you all to choose any one of those.

Also, Frelock, I've also come up with a new class of artifact, "Weapon training",  It allows you to perform more complicated move sets (i.e. for one action, you can attack two targets, or shield wall or something to that effect).  Would you or anybody interested in something like that?

I like the idea, and would probably take a couple ranks in that.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

I will take a spellbook. I shall use my saving of the town to get my possible leather and bone turned into weapons and armor. Favors.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 27, 2010, 06:11:07 pm »

I'm split between a spellbook (I already have two points for the next tier....) and artifact armor.......

Ah

Can I get a type of energy artifact armor, that when hit with magic, it will absorb the magic and transfer the mana to the wearer?  Or if that's to over powered, just give me the next tier elemental magic spellbook.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »

Hmm, I would be interested in weapon training, but my specialty is going to be Construction... and actual fighting might end up as fouth or so on my list of priorities, since I'm thinking my next focuses will be on technology use, then stealth. I might go for it later.

"Frelock! Watch out!" I yell as a warning before I take another shot at the zombies. I have to thin them out before they manage to injure him!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 26: Malgun, Slayer of Zombies
« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2010, 01:43:13 am »

Quote from: Frelock
Channel what little holy energy I have into my sword, and take a swing at the immobilized wight

[5] [(4+3+2)x2=18 damage] Channeling you energy into your sword, you swing run towards the Wright and swing your sword with all of your strength.  The wight looks in horror as it body is sundered open.  (+2 to physical damage this turn)

Quote from: Flintus10
Pistol to immobalized wights head and blow his...well shoot him.

[5] [(2+2+2)x2=12 damage]  Placing your pistol against the undead wight's head, you shoot, blowing most of it off, and unfortunately making quite a mess of yourself in the process.  Undead brains are so hard to get off of your clothing, ick.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Frelock! Watch out!" I yell as a warning before I take another shot at the zombies. I have to thin them out before they manage to injure him!

[5] [(4+2+1)=14 damage]  You shout to Frelock to look out, he runs to the Wight leaving the zombies trailing behind him.  They all line up in a nice row, chasing after Frelock.  Running around to get a better shot, you line up a shot so perfect, that it not only passes through every single zombie, but it also hits the Wight. [luck roll: 4] [2+2+1+2=7 damage]  The wight falls down dead, the crystal beside him, undamaged, but still letting out an ominous humming, you really should do something with this before it causes any more trouble.

(I find it highly ironic that this is the second time you cleared out about 7 zombies with 1 shot, take a skill point in any skill of your choice)

Quote from: Ochita
Try to skin some of the gibbler skin to use in making some armor for myself, also try to get a bone or two for a dagger.

[4]  You approach what little of the gibberer skin remains, seeing as how something so corrupt cannot exist in this world for long without some kind of energy source.  You ask to borrow Guy's sword which he allows and begin trying to cut out a sizable hunk and preserve it.  [9+2=11 of 10]  With the proper amount of energy, you manage to sustain enough of the Gibberer's flesh to create any of the following: a pair of boots, a pair of gloves, a helm of any sort, a belt and bracers.

Unfortunately there are no bones in the area, seeing as how the Gibberer was only a ball of flesh to begin with and all of his minions seem to have disappeared already.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Not being interested in any materialistic gains, Dor'lek heads back to the entrance to see if the mutilated bodies are still there. See if it would even be possible to heal them... If not, painlessly put them out of their misery.

You head back to where the corpses were, not being able to get them out of your mind.  When you arrive, you see the man who was much more damaged than the girl is already dead.  You gently take the girl down and set her on the floor.  You begin tracing a ritual healing circle around her.  Once you complete the circle, you enter it and pray to the gods to guide your actions.  You finish the ritual as you see an angel appear seemingly out of nowhere.  "Your selfless actions have saved this girl, while others would have forgotten about her, you not only defeated the demon who did this to her, but you also saved her life.  For that, you have gained a great bounty, take this Dor'lek, it is the Seal of Heaven.  It is a true artifact of Sareesa, it will grant you the power to summon the true power of the Light, but only for as long as you remain true to the Path of the Light."  Pressing the necklace into your hand, the Angel disappears with a flash of light.

As your eyes clear, the girl appears to be waking up.  "What happened, where am I?"  she asks you.  (You just got your reward early, I figure it fit character, also I liked this action so I just wrote it, no rolls.  I know I'm nice.  Also you gain a point in enchantment.)

Inventory:  Seal of Heaven (Traits:  Chooses its owner, grants two abilities.  Innocent Light, a light that can stand up to even the fiercest evil and damages them even to look at it.  Shelter of Heaven, When you a dealt a blow that would normally kill you, you are healed to full health, take no damage, and counter attack with a blast of radiant energy.)

Quote from: kilakan
Meditate on the magics used previously and attempt to re-form the fire spell Velnex used, but as an elemental spell, don't cast it, just recreate it.

To guy "So that was fun, do we get anything for that or shall we run off to kill another demon?

[1]  You think back to the spell that Velnex cast.  It was unbelievably powerful, and you believe you could recreate it, but right now you just want to sleep.  Fighting demons is hard work.

"So that was fun, do we get anything for our service or shall we run off to kill another demon?"  Guy looks at you and laughs.

"Well, I'm just a simple Demon Hunter, as I said earlier, I don't carry around things I don't need, but I'm sure the townspeople would love to thank you for your good acts.  Of course, the knowledge that you did a good deed is also a benefit."  he says smiling.  Taking off his cloak and looking around, Guy sighs.  "You know, this isn't the first time I've fought him, I'm glad we were able to kill him this time, the world will be a better place with him dead."  He looks at you, his demonic eye looking much more normal and no longer whirling around searching for... something.  "I'll buy you a room at the inn, I suppose it's the least I can do considering you all risked your life with me, how does that sound?"

Enemy Status

Wight *dead*

Zombie Mob:  *dead*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:14 am »

Nicely done malgun!  I suppose we should have completed the main part of our starting quest, so I propose we go back.  We'll leave the partying goblins to disperse at a later time.

Grab the gem and hold it against my armor in an attempt to temporarily nullify its effects.  Then, look around for an exit/loot.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2010, 02:27:10 am »

Normally, I don't give suggestions to my players in DnD (never done an RTD before but I run them similar :P), but this action has been dying to get out, just brick the goblins in there.  You have Malgun who could construct a brick wall around the door easily, especially if you two help.  You still have the nearly infinite construction supplies near the entrance.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:29:55 am by V-Norrec »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2010, 03:48:38 am »

check out what else is in this cave and if nothing help the others brick in the goblins.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2010, 10:51:46 am »

I will make a pair of gloves. After that I shall go to where the dead man is and set him to rest (Final rites)

EDIT: And stay with the others.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:31:21 pm by Ochita »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 116