Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94010 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 15: A wild Ochita appears!
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2010, 03:20:17 pm »

Decide that I will ease the pain of those suffering on our way out as I need to conserve my mana for the very possible fight ahead. Continue to follow Khan and the Demon Hunter.
wouldn't that mana be better put destroying the enchantments keeping them alive?
Actually nvm, I could use the exp in enchantments.
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2010, 03:45:58 pm »

Decide that I will ease the pain of those suffering on our way out as I need to conserve my mana for the very possible fight ahead. Continue to follow Khan and the Demon Hunter.
wouldn't that mana be better put destroying the enchantments keeping them alive?
I figured they would be kept alive at the moment for a reason such as a power source... I wouldn't want to stir up a hornets nest by stopping the flow until we know we have destroyed the hellish creatures which did this.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2010, 04:20:24 pm »

I figured they would be kept alive at the moment for a reason such as a power source... I wouldn't want to stir up a hornets nest by stopping the flow until we know we have destroyed the hellish creatures which did this.
well the point kinda is to hit the nest with a stick while the hunter sneaks in and kills the demon.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 16: Clever Goblins
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2010, 07:32:45 pm »

Quote from: Frelock
Stride boldly through the door, decapitating any goblins/undead/demons I happen to come across.

[Hidden Roll has taken place to determine the occupants of the next room]

[3]  You charge through the door into a long corridor that looks recently built, in fact the walls are far too straight to be built by goblins, or undead.  [2]  You still charge on ahead not paying attention to what is around you.  You trigger one of the many traps in the corridor.  [1+1]  A small dart sticks you in the neck.  It was poisoned.  This isn't good.  You manage to get back to the safe side before any more darts can hit you.

+Poisoned, lose 1 health per turn.

Quote from: Flintus10
Follow Frelock and keep him covered

[5]  You follow Frelock and but stop before you get yourself poisoned too.  Looks like this room is going to be a bit tricky.

Quote from: Ochita
MY action is to weaken the chains on me by pulling, until when I can swing it out at a moments notice

[1] You attempt to pull on your iron chains but they are too strong, and you are far too hungry and weak.  [6]  You ask the cultist for some food.  He looks at you strangely, but then tosses a chicken leg at you. 

Inventory:  Chicken Leg

Quote from: Malgun
I use some of the leather straps from construction to make a sling for the trap-box, so it'll fit my shoulders like a backpack. Afterwards, I follow, taking the rearguard position since Flintus is covering Frelock out in front. 

[5+4=9 of 1]  You take some strips of leather and attach it to your trap box so you can transport it easier (-5 lbs of weight and no reduction to in combat move speed.)

[3]  You walk up to the door and notice Frelock has been hit with a small dart.  Looks like this room is going to be a bit more difficult than you would have hoped.

Quote from: kilakan
Take the tears, then ask the demon hunter his name and tell him about the unusual voice I hear, attempt to destroy the enchantments keeping the tortured souls alive, in a merciful act, though avoid using more then half my current mana.

[4]  You pick up the tears and approach to Demon Hunter to tell him about the voice your heard, when (vs roll of[2+2=4) you find your voice stuck.  You try again, but to the same effect.  You suspect whatever that voice is; it is preventing you from talking about it.

[2+2=4 of 5 to properly examine the enchantments]  You try to examine the enchantments and determine if there is anything you can do to either release them or ease their pain.  The sight of the corpses is too much though and you find yourself unable to concentrate.  You follow the Demon Hunter, who has now introduced himself to you as Guy, further west when you come upon a door to the south, the Tunnel still goes further west.

Quote from: CoughDrop

[5] You follow Guy and see a door that leads south.  You can't see anything through the door so you look at Guy for direction.  "Stand back."  he says and pulls out his long pistol.  He kicks down the door and shoots a demon through the head with a bullet.  The entire room goes dark for a second and the demon hunter prepares his next spell and blasts a cultist with a bolt of pure darkness.  A look of immense pain crosses his face as his heart explodes inside of his chest.

You see Ochita chained up.  "Nice of you to drop in, mind letting me out?"  he says.

Enemy Turns

None

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:09:31 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2010, 07:54:49 pm »

Attempt to release the lock or mechanism on the cage to help free Ochita and ask him if he is hurt.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2010, 08:04:46 pm »

Enchant my sword so that when it touches blood it bursts into flames, searing any cuts it makes and lighting enemies on fire.
Nom nom nom

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2010, 10:43:26 pm »

Search for any more traps before continuing on

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2010, 11:55:22 pm »

I'll try to figure out which way the dart came from. Once I determine that, I'll cautiously enter the hallway, try to locate the mechanism, and disable it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2010, 01:08:56 am »

This reminds me of a DnD campaign I'm in.  Our rogue got hit by some nasty constitution poison and was down to a max of 7 hp, but there were still a lot of traps in the room.  So our barbarian just starting raging and systematically set off every single remaining trap, including a nasty pit trap that required about 10 tries to climb out of.  But the room was cleared and the barbarian got something like ten thousand XP due to the difficulty level of the traps.

Luckily, our techy-types have plenty of health left, so this shouldn't be a problem.  Unluckily, we don't have a cleric to heal us if someone messes up.  How do poisons work here?  1hp loss indefinitely or until I succeed on a resist roll?

Sit down and calm down so the poison spreads more slowly, cast heal wound on myself, and make a small cut where the dart struck to help bleed out some of the poison.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2010, 01:57:06 am »

Well I am a former DM of a DnD campaign and this was originally designed for DnD not RTD, so it might actually resemble DnD more than most RTD's.  (that's a lot of "D"'s lol)  And yeah, until you either get access to a remove poison potion/spell or a successful resist on a D20.  Because I just don't get to show my D20 how much I love it enough with this :D

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:27 am »

"Hello. I was expecting maybe a priestess and rouge but you'll do. I'm Ochita, a demon hunter, thanks."

I just try to get my equipment after I have been freed.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 17: BURNING BLOOD SWORD!
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:06 pm »

Quote from:  CoughDrop
Attempt to release the lock or mechanism on the cage to help free Ochita and ask him if he is hurt.

[1 of 5 on pick-pocket test(all thieving falls under pick-pocket)]  You attempt to pick the lock on the chains around Ochita's wrists, however you have no success whatsoever.  You learn that he is unharmed however.

[6]  The voice speaks into your head again, "You are weak.  You will die."  With a shake of your head you push the voice out.

Quote from: kilakan
Enchant my sword so that when it touches blood it bursts into flames, searing any cuts it makes and lighting enemies on fire.

[10+2=12 out of 12]  Against all odds you manage to enchant your sword exactly as you describe.  (+1 fire damage, 1 fire damage for 2 turns)  With much practice in the field of enchanting, you now feel that you know how to enchant objects better.  (+1 enchantment)

[6]  The voice returns and speaks to you again "They are coming for you.  Give into your fear."  With all your will you push the voices out of your head again.

Quote from: Flintus10
Search for any more traps before continuing on

[2]You look around for more traps, but completely fail at noticing anything, for some reason.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I'll try to figure out which way the dart came from. Once I determine that, I'll cautiously enter the hallway, try to locate the mechanism, and disable it.

[5]  It is fairly obvious which direction the dart came from, there are 5 holes in right side of the wall, covering 5 tiles of the hallway.  The tiles are all marked with symbols. 

[4]  The mechanisms are under the floor and behind the wall, making them impossible to get to to disable.

Quote from: Frelock
Sit down and calm down so the poison spreads more slowly, cast heal wound on myself, and make a small cut where the dart struck to help bleed out some of the poison.

[5] You sit down and calm yourself, making a small cut where the dart hit you to let the poisoned blood drain out.  [successful resist poison roll]  Thankfully you think it has worked.  [6]  You cast heal wound on yourself for 1 health.

Quote from:  Ochita
"Hello. I was expecting maybe a priestess and rouge but you'll do. I'm Ochita, a demon hunter, thanks."

I just try to get my equipment after I have been freed.

[4]  Not being free yet you decide to turn your attention to freeing yourself.  [5 out of 5]  You successfully get the chains off of your wrists.  You go over, pick up and equip all of your equipment.  You follow Guy, the Demon Hunter, and the rest of his party as they head out of the room and further into the Demon's Lair

[4]  Soon you come to a single door at the end of the hallway.  You've been in this room before, you know it contains a foul gibbering demon, a demon that speaks into the very minds of it's victims and causes them to go insane.  What else might be in this room now eludes you.  You share this information with your companions

Enemy Turns

N/A

Enemy Status

Foul Gibberer
Health:  60
Mana:  25

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2010, 03:31:00 pm »

Health:  2
Mana:  4 - 2 = 2
Resistances:  +2 fire, -1 Water

Health:  8 of 8
Mana:  2 of 2

I enchant some of my bullets to be freezing cold.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2010, 03:48:34 pm »

I'm gonna be honest this is bad.... anyways.
Recast earthskin, draw sword and prepare to attack the first non-gibbering enemy I see.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

Health:  2
Mana:  4 - 2 = 2
Resistances:  +2 fire, -1 Water

Health:  8 of 8
Mana:  2 of 2

I enchant some of my bullets to be freezing cold.

enchanted bullets require a special gun to be fired, think of enchanted bullets as shotgun shells, and everything else as regular bullets.  Also, I'll fix that.

Also, what do you mean it's going to be bad Khan, you have a bad-ass NPC with you :P.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 116