Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93969 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 7: Two Half-Goblins!
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2010, 01:16:31 pm »

Decide that going to a secluded room could be somewhat problematic, I decide to search the marketplace to buy some light armor or a reinforced cloak of some kind. Either being unsuccessful or not in obtaining some protection, I go seek out the designated meeting with a blinding flash at the ready... just in case.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:18:48 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 8: Enter the Demon Hunter
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:40 pm »

I actually decided to save the format into a word document, I should be able to pump these out with some semblance of speed now :D

Quote from: wolfchild
Go find my companions, while enchanting my staff to steakl mana from those it strikes, puting the mana into it's own pool that the wielder can tap

[3]  You attempt to search around for the other people who were to meet with the Zealot commander tomorrow.  You learn that 3 of them went out to the goblin caves and that they other two were both recently seen in the temple, you couldn't find any more solid information than this.

[2 +1 (enchantment skill)] You decide to try and enchant your staff, however you have trouble recalling even the proper mix of runes for a basic mana-restorative enchantment, much less a mana-stealing enchantment (-1 for one turn on mana-restorative enchantment tries)

Quote from: Flintus10
I will use life siphon on the goblin that attacked me.
(note I reduced mana costs for Demonic Spells to make up for the fact demon hunters probably won't be using staves, I didn't want to purposefully gib you)

[2]  Quite angry at the goblin that had the nerve to attack you you channel demonic energy through your hand and attempt to place it on him to steal his very life essence, unfortunately the goblin dodged your attack but just barely.

Quote from: kilakan
Go and talk to the strange man, ask him if I can help in anyway, and just generally chat

[1]  You attempt to walk towards and talk to the man in the grey cloak but you find yourself unable to speak.  He raises his hand and puts a finger to where his lips.  He motions for you to follow him, which you feel compelled to do.  You find yourself being led into room 3 on the second floor of the Traveler's Respite.  He opens the door and you pass in first.  Once you are in you here the door close behind you and feel a gun sticking in your back "Who are you, who do you work for, did the demons send you here?  Be honest, I can tell if you lie."  He says his gun sticking in your back.  It appears you've met demon hunter in the middle of the hunt.

Quote from: Frelock
Cleave next goblin, Righteous Fury if that doesn't do it, tame dogs with resultant goblin meat.

[3] You run for the goblin and quickly slash off his head before he can do any more damage [(6+3-1)/2 = 4 damage].  The leather armor on this goblin is still perfectly intact and looks to be the right size for one of the gunmen accompanying you.  [1]  You try throwing more meat at the dogs so that you can tame them but they appear to be full now and none too happy with you for killing their masters.  In fact they are lunging at you right now.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I turn the safety off with a quiet curse; I'd been so busy messing with the scope after encountering the first goblin I'd forgotten to touch it. Then I aim at the goblin that's attacking Flintus, waiting until I have a clear shot before pulling the trigger. If someone else has already killed it, though, I'll shoot at Dog 1. Better to clear them out now than worry about them later.

[auto-success]  You click your safety off finally, muttering under your breath about unnecessary safety measures.  [4] You take aim with your rifle at the first war dog.  You're certain you'll hit this time.  (+1 to attack roll)

[4+1=5]  You shoot the first war dog straight through the heart causing him to collapse instantly [(2+2+1)x2 = 10 damage]  As the bullet exits the war dog's body it ricochets off of the cave wall and [5 (luck roll)] hits the second war dog in the head killing him instantly as well as the bullet embeds itself in his brain.  [4+2+1= 7 damage]

You just save Frelock from getting mauled by dogs, maybe he'll be nice to you now you think to yourself.

(no joke, it's fun coming up with ways to kill random things with these critical hits that wouldn't normally be expected, also I think I'll give you a +1 to gun use or construction, your choice)

Quote from: CoughDrop
Decide that going to a secluded room could be somewhat problematic, I decide to search the marketplace to buy some light armor or a reinforced cloak of some kind. Either being unsuccessful or not in obtaining some protection, I go seek out the designated meeting with a blinding flash at the ready... just in case.

[5]  You go to the market place and find a white cloak with a gold and black trim.  Inspecting it you see it has an enchantment on it that is effective against both ranged and melee attacks you decide this would be the wisest choice for purchase.  You ask the merchant for the price and he tells you [5] that you can buy it for 2 silver.  He must not know it is enchanted.  You quickly buy the cloak before the merchant can question you about the cloak.

[4]  You put the cloak on and head for the meeting place.  You are right outside the door apprehensively waiting to enter.  You decide it is best to prepare for the worst and prepare a Blinding Flash spell, just in case.

Enemy Stats"
Goblin 1  *dead*

Goblin 2  *dead*

War dog 1  *dead*

War dog 2  *dead*

Loot:
1 Crude Iron Sword
1 Set of Leather Armor
2 portions of Dog Meat

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPCs

By the way, a note on materials and their protective values
Leather +1
Iron +2
Bronze +3
Steel +4
Heavenweave Cloth or Felsteel Metal +5
Those numbers are with no enchantments.

obviously leather is cheap while Heavenweave and Felsteel are prohibitively expensive for the moment.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:21:03 pm by V-Norrec »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2010, 07:49:39 pm »

"I am not a demon, simply a human mage looking for some work.... speaking of which could I help you in anyway.... except for you see I got injured and need healing before I can fight anyone..... so can I go or can I help you in some way?"
Basically explain myself while avoiding the guard incident and try and get work and possible healing out of him.
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »

Do I see Khan and the Demon Hunter at all or are they already inside the room before I get there?

If I see Khan and the Hunter, stand idly by and try to blend in. If not, knock lightly on the door. Either way being ready for a blinding flash.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2010, 08:24:11 pm »

Do I see Khan and the Demon Hunter at all or are they already inside the room before I get there?

If I see Khan and the Hunter, stand idly by and try to blend in. If not, knock lightly on the door. Either way being ready for a blinding flash.

nope, door closed behind the demon hunter.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2010, 09:23:41 pm »

Enchant my robe to corrode any weapon that strikes it, the corrosion will be using acid, find some more alchemy ingedients
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2010, 11:45:58 pm »

Awesome. ^^ A tough decision though; it's more in-character to raise Construction but the point was awarded for using a gun... hmm... I guess I'll go ahead and raise Construction. Also, about the loot... one of you guys should take the sword, I have my artifact knife for close-combat. I'd like the armor but I'm not gonna demand it, I already have this nice scope.

I nod to Flintus and Frelock. "Malgun Wispyr," I say with a hat tip to introduce myself. There's spoils to go over, but once we're finished with that, I'll look around for a light source, like a torch or such, then proceed further on into the caves.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2010, 11:54:04 pm »

About that knife, what kind of enchantment did you want on it, you never listed one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2010, 12:13:44 am »

I was going to leave it up to you because I didn't want to ask for something that could be overpowered, but, uh, maybe a damage increase like the scope does for the rifle?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2010, 12:56:17 am »

oh you're letting me choose, hmmm, OK I got something, much more fun than a static damage increase :)  I think it'll fit in with your character too.

edit:  No need to thank me.  I want to see some tech going on in this RTD
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:58:29 am by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »

I'm going to wait about 6 more hours before posting.  BTW, what do you guys think of the RTD so far, any way I can improve, things you would like to see implemented, etc.?  I think IK'm a bit nicer than most RTD gms but I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »

hum.... it's interesting so far, just a question though do we regain health over turns or do we need to find a way to heal ourselves?
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:40 pm »

I'm going to wait about 6 more hours before posting.  BTW, what do you guys think of the RTD so far, any way I can improve, things you would like to see implemented, etc.?  I think IK'm a bit nicer than most RTD gms but I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus.

Honestly I like the d20 system better than the d6 because of instant crits/failures. Just seems more realisitic to me, though it is completely up to the GM and I'm happy with the d6. Also since turns happen rather infrequently, I can see how the d6 would work much better, because of the more crits/amount of time spent playing.

As far as actual GMing goes I'd say you're doing quite well. (though I've only played with 3 different DnD 3.5 GMs and GM'd once myself)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2010, 05:32:43 pm »

There are a few different ways to regain health, magic, sleeping, or eating, in addition to any enchantments that regen health of course.  Granted those enchantments are far beyond the skill of anyone to make right now, but figured I throw that out there.

well I'm glad you guys are enjoying it at least :D  I guess I could switch it up to a D20... but then I'd have a ton of classifications for success/failure lol.  I'll keep it simple for the moment until I'm sure about all the rules.

edit:  now that I think about it I could switch the non-combat skills to D20, that would be easier than D10 and I could use higher DC's and you guys would have access too better enchantments/constructions if you got lucky.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:40:36 pm by V-Norrec »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

I agree, I like simple; and crits are just part of the fun :)

Frown at Malgun, mutter, "Thanks, but I could have handled it myself." Toss him a torch, light one of my own, and enter the cave.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 116