Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93958 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 6: Burning from the Inside
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2010, 03:22:13 pm »

Nah, I just roll more for more actions, if I ever feel like you're trying to do too much in a non-combat turn I'll just cut you off :P  Obviously using your magical skills and such to do certain things such as enchant an object or summon up crafting materials for your super special inventions/using crafting materials you gather takes is kind of an all turn affair.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2010, 04:55:17 pm »

I'm rated as +4 elemental so I made a few tier for skills.
Tier 1
Earth Skin
Cauterize wounds (stops bleeding, does not repair the body much, but you won`t bleed to death)

Tier 2:
Breath of Fire
Summon Food

Tier 3:
Burning Skin (like fire shield, but adds more damage to melee attacks of the target)
Smoke Screen (coats the are of battle in a thick smog only the caster can see through, -to attack, move, dodge, and defense rolls for other characters for a few turns?)

Tier 4:
Napalm (causes target to burn for x amount of turns and y amount of damage)
Dragon Kin: Caster gains immunity to fire damage for x turns.
Nom nom nom

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2010, 05:19:48 pm »

As i ask for help, help myself, flood my blood system with mana, using my knowledge of water to purify the poison in my system
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2010, 11:41:23 pm »

There is no Tier 4 yet, that will be added later, for now you're stuck with the first 3.

As for the spells, Cauterize wounds.... there's never going to be bleed damage and healing is the exclusive property of the divine casters. 

Burning Skin, if it's an improved Fire Shield why would it be in the same tier?  other than that it could be included at a later date.

Smoke Screen, I do like that one though, I'll add that in for you.

BTW, don't take it personal, I'm just trying to keep it balanced for everyone while also letting everyone have their own niche.

[sploier=Obvious spoiler is Obvious]Someone should go check out the bartender about his beer... It obviously has a connection to the illness.[/spoiler]

Obvious Spoiler is wrong ;)  The beer is perfectly safe.  The ale is poisoned not the beer.  Also the bartender has nothing to do with this, not that anyone knows that yet.

edit:  Smoke Screen has been added to the spell book.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:50:13 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2010, 12:10:17 am »

Obvious Spoiler is wrong ;)  The beer is perfectly safe.  The ale is poisoned not the beer.  Also the bartender has nothing to do with this, not that anyone knows that yet.

NO! You spoiled it!  ???
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2010, 12:14:52 am »

lol I've spoiled nothing, you have no idea what you will find out when you go to the bartender, and you MUST go to the bartender.  Trust me, just because this is only the beginning I'm not holding back on anything.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2010, 12:56:17 am »

Since I have true sight the dark cave should not be a hinderance. I will go into the cave and finish off any of the goblins I see.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2010, 02:23:21 pm »

burning skin is kinda the opposite of fire shield, as opposed to me having to be hit to damage the enemy, I have to hit them, thanks for the smoke screen... and I guess with some creative enchantments I could turn fire-shield into an offensive spell, so ya just give me that.  Change cauterize to elemental bolt then.

Head out looking for a legal job, preferably something requiring magic or enchanting.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 7: Two Half-Goblins!!!
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2010, 04:18:25 pm »

It is a primarily offensive spell, put it on the people who can take a hit like Frelock and Flintus :P

edit: rolling turn now

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Now that I have the necessary parts, I'll attach the scope to the rifle. Frelock seems to be carrying torches, so I'll wait for him to go first and hang back slightly, ready to provide cover fire should goblins attack.

[8+3 Construction Bonus)  You successfully attach the scope to your rifle providing a +1 damage buff as long as the scope is intact and attached to the gun.  As Frelock charges ahead you decide to shoot Goblin number two.

[1]  You forgot to turn the safety off again, any enemy attacking you gets a +1 to attack as you fiddle with your gun.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Realizing that it would be a better idea to find the source of this poison and leave healing the wounded for later, I go off to the bar to confront the bartender. Though I do not want to seem like I am imposing too much, I casually order an ale and make idle chatter with him while pretending to drink the ale. Once I feel he is warmed up I ask him if he has seen anyone tamper with his ale lately...

[5]  You leave the temple behind as you go towards the bar and back to talk to the suspicious bartender.  He sees you coming in and as you order an ale he asks if you would like a beer instead, you agree for the moment, still resolving not to drink anything until you are sure it's safe.  [6] You completely enthrall the bartender, which is fairly awkward as his job is primarily to serve customers, not to talk to one person.  You ask him if he knows anything about his ale being tampered with while you have his attention.

[3 + 1 from sucessfully warming him up]  He eyes around nervousl before leaning in close and talking to you in a hushed whisper.  He slides a small key in your hand as he talks to you.  "Don't talk loud about that.  Go to the Traveler's Respite in the market district of town.  Go to room three on the second floor, this key will open the door.  Inside you will find a young As'ci'tilli man, show him this key.  Your question will be answered there."  The bartender quickly returns to his duties and serves a few other customers before saying in your direction, perhaps a bit loudly and over-acted "Didn't I tell you to get out of here if you didn't like the booze."

Quote from:  Frelock
Throw meat to distract the dogs, cast Righteous Fury on goblin #2, attack goblin #1 with longsword.

[4]  You throw the goblin leg you hacked off from one of the dead goblins earlier at the dogs and they immediately begin tearing it apart for the meat, as you guessed they would since the goblins keep them hungry to frighten anyone attacking.

[4] [3 damage]  You pray that the heavens smite one of the goblins and they do in fact do so as light radiates from your hand and is instantly expended in a diagonal slash of mystic energy across his mid-section.

[4] [6+3-1(leather armor)=8 damage]  Running towards the other goblin you raise your sword and cleave him into two half-goblins that are infinitely less threatening than the whole goblin that he previously was.

Quote from: wolfchild
As i ask for help, help myself, flood my blood system with mana, using my knowledge of water to purify the poison in my system

[6]You call out for help and the priestess comes over to you and gives you a potion that purifies the poison in your body.  You feel better now.  You think about maybe flooding your blood system with water to dilute the poison in case it is still around but you think better of itas that would only cause your blood vessels to burst open.

Quote from: Flintus10
Since I have true sight the dark cave should not be a hinderance. I will go into the cave and finish off any of the goblins I see.
Note from the GM:  I still don't have your spell list, GIVES IT TO ME!!!

[3]  You shoot at the still living Goblin, hitting him in the kidney area for [1+2 x .5 = 1.5 rounded up to 2 damage]  As you do so you move closer to the moth of the cave and look inside, you don't see any goblins waiting close to the entrance of the cave.

Quote from: kilakan
Head out looking for a legal job, preferably something requiring magic or enchanting.

[4]  Having been successfully rehabilitated by Guard McMacetotheRibs you decide to look for legitimate employment. You head into the center of town when you see a man wearing a thick gray cloak with only one of his eyes showing.  From what you can see he has orange eye, common among the As'ci'tilli and blond hair.  It feels like his eye is piercing through your very soul, you're not sure whether you should ask him but you feel drawn to him for some reason.

Enemy Turns:
Goblin Numero Dos:
Seeing an opening as both gunmen are unarmored and unprepared for physical combat, the goblin runs towards Flintus yelling a death scream and [4] and begins hitting him with his FISTS OF FURY!  [2+1= 3 damage]  He hits you in the guts, you wish you would have picked up some armor earlier.

Enemy Stats:

Goblin One:
Health: 8 - 8 = Deader than a door nail
Inventory:
Leather Armor
Crude Iron Sword
Resistances: Physical +1

Goblin Two:
Health: 8 - 5 = 3
Inventory:
Leather Armor
Resistances: +1 physical

Wardog One:
Health: 4
Distracted by Severed Goblin Leg

Wardog Two:
Health 4
Distracted by Severed Goblin Leg

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:20:30 pm by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 7: Two Half-Goblins!
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »

Go find my companions, while enchanting my staff to steakl mana from those it strikes, puting the mana into it's own pool that the wielder can tap
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2010, 08:12:23 pm »

Spellbook:

Necrotic Bolt, A bolt of Necrotic Energy, 1+1d4 damage. Mana Cost:  2

Life Siphon, drains 1d6 life from enemy and gives you half.  Mana Cost: 3

True Sight,  Grants you dark vision and the ability to tell when people are lying.  Passive, lose 2 mana permanently.

Bind Soul,  Binds the Soul of a Demon to an object.  Mana Cost:  5

Action:
I will use life siphon on the goblin that attacked me.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »

Spellbook:

Necrotic Bolt, A bolt of Necrotic Energy, 1+1d4 damage. Mana Cost:  2

Life Siphon, drains 1d6 life from enemy and gives you half.  Mana Cost: 3

True Sight,  Grants you dark vision and the ability to tell when people are lying.  Passive, lose 2 mana permanently.

Bind Soul,  Binds the Soul of a Demon to an object.  Mana Cost:  5

Action:
I will use life siphon on the goblin that attacked me.

You only have enough pointage for 3 so I took bind soul out for the moment and you can get it back when your Demonic Magic use skill goes up.  Don't worry it won't be too long :D

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2010, 08:44:40 pm »

Go and talk to the strange man, ask him if I can help in anyway, and just generally chat
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2010, 01:45:05 am »

Cleave next goblin, Righteous Fury if that doesn't do it, tame dogs with resultant goblin meat.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 03:13:35 am »

lol, damn it, I'm always forgetting something. :P

I turn the safety off with a quiet curse; I'd been so busy messing with the scope after encountering the first goblin I'd forgotten to touch it. Then I aim at the goblin that's attacking Flintus, waiting until I have a clear shot before pulling the trigger. If someone else has already killed it, though, I'll shoot at Dog 1. Better to clear them out now than worry about them later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 116