Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94204 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 87: Dare you face the road ahead?
« Reply #990 on: April 06, 2011, 05:34:03 pm »

I think upgrading my fire sword again, maybe boosting power or something could produce something fairly legendary.  But no otherwse i'm good.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 06, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »

Bwahahaha! Really Sareesa? You're letting demons eat each other for power? That's gotta end badly sooner or later.

Anyway, just out of curiosity: What happens if Serious doesn't immediately expend the soul? Does it manage to break free and take the power with it, or just wriggle out but leave the power behind, or begin consuming him from the inside out, or what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 06, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

I'd rather trudge, but you should really warp the meta-gaming as you see fit.

Why am I always so clumsy at the wrong time? Quickly pick up the Seal, hoping no one notices. Keep it at the ready.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 06, 2011, 05:54:39 pm »

Depends on the roll and how I'm feeling.  Also the general power of the demon as compared to the player, and some other factors.

As for Sareesa's strategy, there's another major upside for her when people do it the right way, but I won't reveal that just yet.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 06, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

The only reason I don't want to do it is I'd have to come up with a system for how fast a group could travel, then come up with distances, then fill those distances with SOMETHING!  I guess it is kind of game breaking though >.>  <.<  *sigh* I guess I'll just bite the bullet and come up with something.

Oh, and sorry for the double post.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 06, 2011, 06:33:40 pm »

Well, I certainly don't mind instant transportation with at most 1 random encounter.  But if you have plenty of side-quests ready waiting for us, then skip the encounter and let's go straight there!

Although, before we go, I would like to get my sword sharpened.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 06, 2011, 06:46:51 pm »

Hum I'd like to get something too Try to get someone to balance my longsword for me, and attempt to find some leather armor.  Sell the ring of light for the armor
Nom nom nom

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 06, 2011, 07:19:36 pm »

I'll also try to find a better sword

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 07, 2011, 07:37:27 pm »

Oi, SC, post something.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 07, 2011, 11:03:27 pm »

Hmm, all right. Nobody asked Malgun to do anything (in character) so I guess it's up to me.

I ride the energy for the moment, trying to figure out what to do with this demon. I should destroy it, that would be the right thing to do. But wouldn't it benefit me more to take its strength now, and use that power to destroy other demons? It's a tough decision, and I can't help but think that if I start down that path I won't be able to stop. I would become a monster myself... or would I? I was given this power but not told what to do with it. It's entirely possible that using demons to become stronger is what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll let the next one go. But she said these trials would be difficult, and I have to survive them.

If I can, use the demon to either raise my max HP, or increase my resistance to damage - all types preferred, but if I have to narrow it down then to demonic sources specifically. If neither of those is possible, use it to increase my rifle's power.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 88: Random Stealing, and magic gone awry
« Reply #1000 on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »

Quote from: Ochita
Smack Malgun, and go topside. Prepare a burial.

[1]  You smack Malgun hard upside the head.  So hard that he loses his concentration... suddenly a great sense of fear overcomes you and you can't move.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I ride the energy for the moment, trying to figure out what to do with this demon. I should destroy it, that would be the right thing to do. But wouldn't it benefit me more to take its strength now, and use that power to destroy other demons? It's a tough decision, and I can't help but think that if I start down that path I won't be able to stop. I would become a monster myself... or would I? I was given this power but not told what to do with it. It's entirely possible that using demons to become stronger is what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll let the next one go. But she said these trials would be difficult, and I have to survive them

[Concentration Roll:  2]  You lose your Concentration as Ochita smacks you,  [Expenditure Roll:  3]  You manage to expend all the demon's energy still on [Character Roll:  3] Dor'lek [Effect Roll:  4] somehow causing him to gain knowledge of elemental magic.

That could have ended a lot worse.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Why am I always so clumsy at the wrong time? Quickly pick up the Seal, hoping no one notices. Keep it at the ready.

[2]  Suddenly your mind feels as though it's being warped by some kind of unknowable power.  You pass out.

Quote from: Frelock
Although, before we go, I would like to get my sword sharpened.

[1]  You briefly think about sharpening your sword on Dor'lek's tusks.  [2]  You decide it's a great idea, unfortunately Dor'lek's tusks sharpen while your sword dulls down even more.

Quote from: kilakan
Try to get someone to balance my longsword for me, and attempt to find some leather armor.  Sell the ring of light for the armor

[6]  You run out of the temple, deciding you want nothing more to do with religion, ever, for the rest of time.  On your way out you randomly find leather armor.  You take it and get back to the inn.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I'll also try to find a better sword

[3]  "Hey Frelock, can I have that long sword you're not using?  Thanks, I knew you wouldn't mind."  You gain Frelock's unused longsword

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Item Changes:
Frelock:  lost Holy Longsword, Sword of Stars now deals -2 damage
Flintus:  Gained Holy Longsword, Crude Iron Sword discarded
Kahn:  Gained Leather Armor

Go ahead and choose 2 elemental magic spells Dor'lek (might I add you are fast becoming the most powerful character in this RTD)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 09, 2011, 01:24:26 pm »

Use some Spider silk cloth to make a headband, and enchant it to give magical vision in the form of a third eye on the headband itself. (i'll let you decide what type of effect that would give, dark vision, increased accuracy, ability to see normally invisible enchantments, whatever, just roll a dice for a random effect or something.)
"I hope these guys show up soon, we should get a move on."
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 09, 2011, 01:36:24 pm »

Go to the stupid blacksmith to get my sword sharpened.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 09, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »

Earth Skin and Summon Food

.....Am I dreaming?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 09, 2011, 02:03:44 pm »

added in those spells, you still need a feat, might I suggest a feat that removes all negative status ailments from one character (able to be cast on self) as that would be undeniably useful in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 116