Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94203 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 86: It's time to run mental Gentlemen.
« Reply #975 on: April 04, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »

Quote from: CoughDrop
"Forcing the demon upon another object seems to be our best option at the moment. How would we go about doing this?"

[6]  You begin trying to think about trying to get the demon into another object, but by the time you finish thinking through the action, the priestess is dead. . . oops.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I look over at Frelock. "I don't care if she is possessed by a demon, you just don't punch women." Even though I'm busy disapproving his actions I'll see about trying to get the demon into the bullets.

[1]  You shoot the priestess in the head.  THe demon now has a bullet inside of it. . . wait a minute, that isn't quite right.  Also you feel a flarin pain from your hand and the mark of Sareesa has started glowing a pure white light.  You're not sure what to do, but clearly the mark is trying to get you to do. . . something [hidden roll]  You hear words softly repeating in your head.  "Absorb, then expend the soul.  It is the only way."

Just as fast as your mark started glowing, it goes back to a voidless black.

Quote from: Ochita
Have a short internal debate, and ultimately decide to fight off the demon, think of it for the information, and the ability to boast that I can contain a demon inside me.

[auto-fail]  Any chance of containing the demon in your body is gone now, thanks to Malgun shooting her.

Quote from: kilakan
Wander the temple and look for potions or items that could be made into potions, if i find anything labled demon-be-gone or something similar run it back to the priestess, otherwise pocket it for myself.

[6]  You wander around and find some kind of reliquary.  In the center of the room between two statues of long dead crusaders you see an empty stone pedastal with a depression in the center that, if you remember correctly appears as though it was designed to hold the Blood Prision.  As too the other objects in the room, you're not really sure you want to risk touching them after seeing what happened after the priestess touched the blood prision

Quote from: Frelock
Wait and see if SC's plan works.  If it does, heal the priestess.  If it doesn't, kill it with sword!

[6]  You would kill it with sword, but it looks like Malgun killed it with bullets for you.  That was nice of him.

Quote from: Flintus10
Keep my gun ready in case SC's plan goes wrong.

[4]  You have your guns at the ready and aiming at the Priestess dead body

Enemy Turns

[6]  The body starts to warp in strange patterns.  Soon whatever demon was absorbed by the Priestess will be brought back into this world, ready to kill after, presumably, many of years of forced nothingness.

Enemy Status

?: 
Health:  50 of 50
Mana: 0 of 20

Status:  Aura of the Great Warrior: [1]'s and [2]'s count as [1]'s.  [3]'s [4]'s and [5]'s count as [3]'s.  [6]'s allow a counter-attack.  Any number greater than a [6] counts as a [5].  Applies only to melee combat.  ((This aura goes into effect next turn))

Transforming:  Taking on his true form, unable to attack or defend for 1 turn.

Resistances:  Physical Resistance:  -1 damage recieved, Magic Resistance (all varieties):  -50 damage recieved, Ranged Resistance:  -50 damage recieved.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 86: It's time to run mental Gentlemen
« Reply #976 on: April 04, 2011, 06:13:55 pm »

"Uh... finger slipped?" I say, trying to explain myself. The mark attracts my attention before I can say anything else, and I listen to it. Absorb and expend the soul? Not sure how to go about it, but it's worth a shot. I hold the mark out towards the body and concentrate on it, hoping to draw the soul in. Once I have it I'll worry about expending it.

Aw jeez, that's what I get for telling Frelock off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 04, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »

"..I.. You.. Bastard! How.. Oh.." I think, and remember the words by that guy.. Spend whatever mana I can, to help Serious.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 04, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »

I like how we were fighting over chaining up the priestess, and now we have a dead priestess.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »

"Should really know what your doing if your gona try and pull stuff like this..." Fire pistols and try to distract the demon while the others enact their plan.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »

Strike the demon with my sword, cast righteous fury on it as well.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 05, 2011, 11:35:58 pm »

come on peeps, I know these updates haven't been the fasted, but I can't start planning what I write for different outcomes unless I know what everyone is doing.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 06, 2011, 09:01:40 am »

Shout at Malgun, "What the hell!?". Keep my hand on the Seal of Heaven. Something is definitely not right.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:01 pm »

Head back to the group, draw my sword of fire, and stay at the back of the group, prepare to run if I am about to get hit.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 87: Dare you face the road ahead?
« Reply #984 on: April 06, 2011, 04:34:58 pm »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Uh... finger slipped?" I say, trying to explain myself. The mark attracts my attention before I can say anything else, and I listen to it. Absorb and expend the soul? Not sure how to go about it, but it's worth a shot. I hold the mark out towards the body and concentrate on it, hoping to draw the soul in. Once I have it I'll worry about expending it.

[2]  Nobody buys your excuse for shooting the Priestess.  You're never going to live this down, you just know it.  From now on you will be Malgun, murderer of priestesses.

[6]  You raise your hand and point it towards the priestess rapidly changing body.  Suddenly the mark on your hand starts to grow and the Priestess body begins dissolving into dust.  As more and more of the demon enters you, you realize a strange, and scary, truth.  This demon was once human, before he "ascended" to whatever he now is.  You realize now why you must expend the energy of the soul at once, to permanently destroy the demon and to keep his soul from creating some new form for itself.

((I've been working on this for a while, I think I may have made it too complicated.  A short version is, destroying demon's bodies doesn't kill them they are merely sent back to the Nether where they recraft a new form for themselves.  Most demons are actually "ascended" humans, similar to Sareesa, only they walked a much different path.  If there needs to be any more clarification just ask, and I'll do my best to explain what I had in mind))

((P.S.  The soul can do just about anything (and a little bit more) than magic can do, feel free to expend it in whatever way you see fit.))

Quote from: Ochita
"..I.. You.. Bastard! How.. Oh.." I think, and remember the words by that guy.. Spend whatever mana I can, to help Serious.

[auto-fail]  It looks like Malgun can hold his hand out towards the priestess perfectly well on his own.  ((You can't see what is actually going on, as that would require some spark of divinity))

Quote from: Flintus10
"Should really know what your doing if your gona try and pull stuff like this..." Fire pistols and try to distract the demon while the others enact their plan.

The demon appears to be turning to dust before your eyes.  You keep your pistols at the ready and watch.  Something strange is going on here, real strange.  [hidden roll]  It's like that time when Sentinel absorbed the demon.  Did he learn something from that old Troll or is there something else at work here?

Quote from: Frelock
Strike the demon with my sword, cast righteous fury on it as well.

[1]  You run up and try to strike the demon, but it is nearly all dust at this point.  You keep swinging your sword, but unfortunately, the sword isn't looking as sharp as it used to.

((Sword now deals 1 less damage on successful strikes))

Quote from: CoughDrop
Shout at Malgun, "What the hell!?". Keep my hand on the Seal of Heaven. Something is definitely not right.

[1]  "What in the Nether are you doing Malgun?"  You shout, but he looks intensily focused on the back of his hand.  Somehow, you manage to drop the Seal of Heaven while you busy yourself shouting at Malgun trying to figure out what's going on.

Quote from: kilakan
Head back to the group, draw my sword of fire, and stay at the back of the group, prepare to run if I am about to get hit.

[3]  You stroll back to the rest of the group.  "Hey guys, I think I figured out where the Blood Prison went, we should probably put it back there to be on the safe-side."  You say when you notice Malgun turning the demon into dust.  "Whoa. . ."  You say taken aback by the sheer power of it all.  You feel an intense desire to light the dust on fire, but you manage to resist, for the moment.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

I keep trying to toss challenges your way, but you guys always beat them.  Ah well, your luck will run out soon enough I suppose.  On the brightside you're finished up with this arc of the story now, Would you like me to instantly progress you to the Port City of Sareesa's Mercy so you can figure out what you're doing next, or would you like to trudge your way there the old fashioned way?

If no answers are recieved, I'm instantly transporting you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 06, 2011, 04:41:24 pm »

Trudge.
Smack Malgun, and go topside. Prepare a burial.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 06, 2011, 04:41:27 pm »

I think an encounter or two on the wat type thing would be good.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 06, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »

Depends on the possibility of sidequesting. :3 Before I post an action, I'm contemplating going the evil route with this and attempting to use the demonic energy to make myself stronger. Would this be possible or should I just teleport myself to the surface using the power before Ochita can slap me?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 06, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »

It's completely up to you.  Sareesa said this power corrupts, thus going evil is what she expected, but was hoping against.  OF COURSE, if you meed up with any of the other people who have been marked and they're on the side of justice, you might have problems.  But then again if you're on the side of justice and you meet up with somebody on the side of evil, you're going to have problems too.  And being perfectly neutral is hard, so you could very well end up pissing everybody off.

This is fun, isn't it?

Edit:  If you're wondering why Sareesa does this, the answer is because even if you use the power for evil, you end up reducing the number of demons against whom she is directly fighting.  Thus either way you're going to be her servant, and warrior against demons.

Doubleedit:  I perfer not having the road there because I have much better side-quests in mind after you get there.  I have a couple in the back of my mind for use later on though that I could use now I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:54:14 pm by V-Norrec »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 06, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »

Hmm, well, now that I know it's a viable option it's time to pose as a team, if you get my drift. Trying to walk the line would be interesting, simply because it's the most difficult choice. Anyone have an upgrade you want? I'm going to take some time to mull it over, but go ahead and ask Malgun if you want something and I might try doing that. :3
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 116