Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93950 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 3: A Wild Goblin appears, times 4!
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 07:19:47 pm »

head out into the street looking for trouble, work, or any other way I could possibly make a quite and hopefully violent buck.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2010, 09:58:18 pm »

I'll buy 24 more bullets, saving one silver coin for later, and head out to find the farms that the goblins are terrorizing. On the way I'll keep an eye out for other job opportunities that I can do once I get back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2010, 11:44:21 pm »

Ready my pistol and shoot the first goblin to make a move.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 12:28:39 am »

hey, anyone want some potions?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 06:25:00 pm »

I'm going to give it until about midnight as this is a weekend then I'm going to go ahead and AI the turns.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 08:39:58 pm »

Go outside the city searching for the goblin's camp.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 4: AND THE ALMIGHTY RNG SMITES ALL!
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2010, 01:49:16 am »

Quote from: wolfchild
Havor'e, quite startled does not even think, and casts a hydroblast at the goblin without delay, not stoping to think that it may be overkill.

[5]  You attack the Goblin with much gusto, putting far more energy into the spell than you knew you had.  [(2 + 4 + 4) x 2  (critical hit) = 20 damage done] and instead of shooting powered water at the goblin you shot acid dissolving him away instantly.  [3]  Everything he was carrying is melted into a pool of acid now, but at least his atrocious smell is gone now.  His bones are still there, they appear to be acid resistant.

(For in combat turns I've decided by the way, that you get to perform up to ONE physical attack, ONE Magical Action(spell, inventive use of magic, or healing), AND ONE non-combat physical action so in other words you can heal somebody, smack a goblin with a sword, AND down a potion of restoring mana.  I'll be adding this into the official rules, I thought I'd let you know in post though)

Quote from: kilakan
Head out into the street looking for trouble, work, or any other way I could possibly make a quite and hopefully violent buck.

[6]  You decide you're going to go to the temple and loot the bodies of the dying.  What could go wrong with stealing from people who are dying anyhow?  [1 - 2 (non-thief penalty) = -1]  A lot, as soon as you start rifling through the items of the dead a very strong, well-armed and armored guard approaches you and [1] Swings at you with his mace, saying nothing at all or even giving you any warning that he was there.  You [4] don't get out of the way in time and take a mace hit to the ribs, they are almost certainly broken.  [4 + 2 - 0 = 6 damage]  As you lay on the ground the guard says something about looting from the dead being illegal and walks off leaving you to your fate.

Status:  Dying, must make either a saving roll or be healed or you are dead.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I'll buy 24 more bullets, saving one silver coin for later, and head out to find the farms that the goblins are terrorizing. On the way I'll keep an eye out for other job opportunities that I can do once I get back.

(A word to the wise, you only have 1 day until the Zealot Representative is coming to meet you guys to discuss mercenary contracts with you, for now these are the only two jobs, simply because I'd like you guys to stay kind of clumped up and thus make it easier for this to be finished in a timely manner and the Main Storyline to start-up)

[5]  You walk out of town and see Flintus in a stand-off with three goblins.  You decide to watch and see what happens.  You see Flintus kill the other two goblins rather efficiently. 

Quote from: Flintus10
Ready my pistol and shoot the first goblin to make a move.

[5] You draw your pistol and point it at the Goblin in leather armor who you think to be in charge of this group.  As soon as he opens his mouth to say something you fire your pistol and hit him directly in the head.  [(3 + 1) x 2 (critical hit) = 8 damage]  [6] His head explodes, like a bony shrapnel bomb, pelting the other two goblins with pieces of his skull.  (rolls for dodging) [3] [2]  (Goblin C is hit, Goblin D suffers no damage .  Rolls for Goblin C's Damage.)  [6]  And a piece of the skull embeds itself in Goblin C's heart causing him to fall over in a growing pool of his own blood. 

[1] Goblin D seeing he is clearly out-matched begins running his short, stubby little legs off determined to put as much distance between you and him as possible.

(Hot damn, that was Heroic enough to earn you a +1 to gun skill, already edited into your character)

Quote from: Frelock
Go outside the city searching for the goblin's camp.

[2] You go outside and see Flintus standing in front of two very dead goblins.  So taken in by the carnage you forget all about looking the caves for in which the Goblins are camped in.

Quote from: CoughDrop w/Me as the AI
Tell the Priestess about the discovery of poison affecting the villagers.

[5]  You successfully find the priestess and tell her that poison is what was affecting the villagers.  She seems quite taken aback.

"Who would poison the entire town though, and why... and how?  Here, take some money and go track down whoever is doing this and how.  Come back and report to me once you know more,  I'll take care of the poisoned villagers here, now that I know what is affecting them this will be much easier."

+10 Silver Coins

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

I highly suggest that you three that are together explore the Goblin Caves together, that way the encounters can be more fun than "oh look another goblin in smelly rags trying to attack me."  That is the only reason why I kinda forced you all together... that and you're on the same quest anyhow.

Enemies:

Goblins A through C:  Dead, all horribly butchered.

Goblin D:
Health:  4
Inventory: 
Filthy rags
Crude Rock Ax
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:17:55 am by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 4: AND THE ALMIGHTY RNG SMITES ALL!
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2010, 01:58:04 am »

Collect some of the acid in a vial, then go looking for ingrediants for mana potions
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2010, 03:26:47 am »

Pick up some branches and sap for a torch, and then move to explore the caves.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:45 am »

Holy Crap yes!!!

Yell after the fleeing goblin "If you or any of your compatriots ever show your slimy hides around here again I won't be so forgiving!" Then go and see if there are any other goblins around.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 11:10:49 am »

Hey Droleck, you're a healer, could you be a pal and save my life?
Attempt to channel elemental energy in a mixture of the elements to heal/save my life.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:18 am »

I said I'd post every day but I'm not going to today, because I like Malgun and Dor'lek, and want to see what they do.  Also, shameless bump.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 07:22:17 am »

^^ Thanks. Yesterday was overly busy... ah, anyway.

It looks like someone else is on the job as well - and he's a damn good shot. I'll fire at the retreating goblin - if we allow it to live, it'll just come back - then introduce myself to Flintus, asking if he wants to team up.

Edit: Not ignoring Frelock, it just seems like he's doing his own thing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:24:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 10:43:56 am »

As a crusader, I'm tolerant of demon hunters and technologists, but don't ask me to help you with anything other than demon problems (though I'd probably heal you, Serious, if I had to since you are a human).

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 5: *proud pose*
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2010, 06:10:15 pm »

OK, I've waited more than long enough to do this turn.  Hopefully Coughdrop comes back in time for the next turn as I did enjoy having a healing dedicated character around.

Quote from: wolfchild
Collect some of the acid in a vial, then go looking for ingrediants for mana potions

[Hidden roll is hidden]

[4]  You succesfully scoop up some of the acid into a vial.  Searching for some mana restoritives you find enough ingredients to make three weak mana potions and mix them up immediately.  You begin feeling rather ill. . . you think you should get back to town as soon as possible as you start coughing.

Quote from: Frelock
Pick up some branches and sap for a torch, and then move to explore the caves.

[5]  You pick up enough material for several torches, wrap the branches with the goblin's filthy rags and then dip the rags in sap to keep them from burning too fast.

[6]  On a pure guess, or perhaps because of divine inspiration, you set off in a random direction towards the forested hills.  Rather than getting hopelessly lost you find the entrance to the goblin cave.  It is guarded by 2 Goblins with a pair of War Dogs.  They haven't noticed you and you decide to sneak away before they do.  You think you should find the rest of the group before dealing with those guys.

+6 Filthy rag torches

Quote from: Flintus10
Yell after the fleeing goblin "If you or any of your compatriots ever show your slimy hides around here again I won't be so forgiving!" Then go and see if there are any other goblins around.

[5]You successfully yell at the goblin.  He seems to be running away even faster than before.  Seeing that you have no chance of keeping up with his new frenzied speed you decide to check and make sure you won't be ambushed again.  [Auto-success]  There appear to be no more goblins around at the present time, they must be hidning out for the moment.  While searching you came across a second pistol and 6 bullets.

Quote from: kilakan
Attempt to channel elemental energy in a mixture of the elements to heal/save my life.

[4]  You sucessfully bring yourself back from the brink of death by hardening and placing your bones back in place with the power of earth and restarting your heart with the power of air.  +1 Health  You decide to make sure guards aren't around next time to try to steal something.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
It looks like someone else is on the job as well - and he's a damn good shot. I'll fire at the retreating goblin - if we allow it to live, it'll just come back - then introduce myself to Flintus, asking if he wants to team up.

[1]  You take aim at the goblin running away with your rifle.  You get the shot lined up and fire.  D'oh!  You left the safety on.  He's too far away to take a second attempt to shoot him.  [4]  You introduce yourself to everyone and pick up the bag of trinkets left behind by the dead goblin and decide to see if anything interesting is in there.  [6]  Sweet a scope, "Nobody will miss this."  You think to yourself as you pocket the scope.

(Consider that extra action my apology for wasting your [5] last time with a description about how there are only two jobs in town right now.)

Quote from: CoughDrop w/ me as AI
Heal Kahn

[5]  Khan has been successfully healed for +2 Health.  You feel good about yourself.  *proud pose*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

*proud pose*  T'was a good turn.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:17:34 pm by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 116