Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94122 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 42: Kazzamier approaches
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2010, 05:34:13 pm »

hum... I have absolutely no mana to do anything to the gate whatsoever... so.
Fire a bolt from my staff at the winged demon (elemental magic does normal damage to it right?  It only resists demonic, physical and ranged?, if it can resist the bolt, shoot a bloated corpse instead)  Then attack the spine demon with my sword that's heading towards dor'lek, attempt to intercept it and kill it before it would reach him.

Winged demon does indeed have no resistance, the Demonic Hands do however they don't resist elemental.

No spine demon is heading for Dor'lek, one is heading for Malgun.  Dor'lek is being attacked by a Bloated Corpse.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 18, 2010, 05:56:50 pm »

ah changed my action to protecting malgun instead then, and um, which resists damage from elemental spells, flying hands, or winged demon?
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 18, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »

Right now nobody resist elemental damage, (I forgot to include any so lucky you :P)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2010, 06:09:39 pm »

yay!
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2010, 10:52:27 pm »

Waiting for CoughDrop and SeriousConcentrate

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 19, 2010, 08:58:09 am »

Try to fall back into a doorway while laying down some supressing fire. If I can get some cover over me and walls around me, I won't have to worry so much about getting flanked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 19, 2010, 10:47:36 pm »

Hmmm, I want to continue, but I want to wait for CoughDrop at the same time.  Seeing as how a priest is kind of important with this many people getting the crap kicked out of them at once.  What do you guys want me to do, for future reference, for now I think I'll wait until tomorrow night, if nothing, just post anyhow.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:00 pm »

Hum it's been 3 days, so I say auto him, he hasn't been online for two days anyways.  I'm sure you can decide who to heal eh?
Nom nom nom

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 20, 2010, 09:02:16 pm »

It's pretty simple in rtd's. Heal the guy whose guts are falling out.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 43: Gardios has some explaining to do. *danger*
« Reply #534 on: November 21, 2010, 12:40:30 am »

Gardios and Kazzamier's Turn

As Kazzamier gets closer and closer to the portal, Gardios's heath seems to degenerate more and more.  Suddenly as Kazzamier bursts through the portal the entire world seems to shake at it's foundation.  He doesn't appear to be a demon however... he appears to be Gardios. 

Looking over to where Gardios was you see a troll who appears entirely too ancient to still be alive.  He is standing, a sword, no Gardios's sword in his hand.  His cloak is in tatters and appears to be nearly as old as he is.  It is barely enough for him to keep his dignity.  His eyes look tired, as though he hasn't seen sleep in decades and his teeth and tusks are yellow with age and neglect.  Where you can see his skin it almost appears as though he hasn't eaten for days either.

As the world trembles around them, Kazzamier in the form of Gardios, and this Troll seem to stare each other down, as though they had met before.  "I thought you would be dead by now old man, I'm glad to see you we're waiting for my triumphant return so I didn't have to go to the trouble of finding this body."  says Gardios, now with both of his eyes glowing a bright demonic red and his features taking on a much more sinister look.

"Your very presence corrupts this world, it is good that you will not long be here."  says the Troll in a voice that sounds strangely familiar, but also strangely strong for being in such a decrepit body.

"I'm not going to fight you, I come merely to reclaim my body and to deliver a message.  Your world will soon come crashing down around you, this time not even the power of Sareesa, despite her divinity will be able to stop it."  says Gardios, who appears to be only seconds from opening fire on the Troll.

"That is too bad." says the Troll as shadow seems to engulf him, completely hiding him in darkness.  Suddenly without warning the shadow disappears and the old Troll with it.  Looking around Gardios can't seem to find him anywhere.  "I however will see to it that Sareesa's wishes for this world are seen to fruition." says the disembodied voice of the Troll.

Suddenly, with more speed than his decrepit body ought to be able to manage, the Troll appears behind Gardios, seemingly from out of nowhere.  Rushing forward, the demon-corrupted Gardios and this ancient Troll begin to fight, constantly parrying the others blows at speeds that seem impossible.  Finally the ancient troll is pushed back, and though suffering no injury, he appears to be quite tired.  "I guess you just can't handle me anymore." says Gardios who begins to float into the air.  "I'll meet you at the old place, you know where, feel free to bring as many people as you want, nothing will help you.  And with that, Gardios, seemingly, in a flash disappears.

Returning your attention to the world around you, you can see the portal has closed, but many of the nearby buildings are on fire and much of the ground has been split asunder with the entry of Kassamier into this world.  Thankfully Khan's rain enchantment is still working and will hopefully douse the fires before the building topple to the ground.

Quote from: Frelock
Righteous Fury on one of the hands, attack the legion demon with my sword.

[1]  Lifting your hand you begin to cast a Righteous Fury spell towards one of the Demon Hands, however, the tremors shaking through the earth disrupt your casting, expending your mana and getting no return.  [4] [3+4+1=8 damage]  Deciding not to focus too much on the hands you run towards the Legion Demons and begin to cut them down.  Soon half of them are dead, the other half look none too happy at you however.

Quote from: Flintus10
Once again attempt to make it to the North gate and try to get a few shots away at the winged cultist.

[3]  You tear yourself away from the crowd of celebrating guards and manage to get in a shot at the winged cultist.  [6]  The cultist sees the attack coming and flies higher into the air, completely dodging your bullet.

Quote from: kilakan
Fire a bolt from my staff at the winged demon (elemental magic does normal damage to it right?  It only resists demonic, physical and ranged?, if it can resist the bolt, shoot a bloated corpse instead)  Then attack the spine demon with my sword that's heading towards Malgun, attempt to intercept it and kill it before it would reach him.

[5] [(4+5)x2=18 damage]  Aiming towards the demon you shoot a ball of fire towards it while it's concentrating it's attention on Flintus, hitting it squarely in the back.  The Winged Cultist falls to the ground on fire, crashing through a buildings roof.  [6]  You run towards the spine demon that's heading towards Malgun and swing your sword, but unfortunately the spine demon dodges your sword.

((Is it just me or do you have the worst luck with your sword?))

Quote from: Ochita
Shoot a couple of bloated corpses.

[3] [(3+2)/2=3 damage] [dodge roll:  4] [3+4+3=10 damage] [4] [auto-kill] [dodge roll:  3]  [(1+4+2)/2=4 damage]  Shooting both bloated corpses, you unleash 6 souls that rush immediately for you.  As they hit you, you feel your soul begin to be dragged into the Nether with the souls as they explode all around your body.  You barely manage to remain conscious long enough for Dor'lek to heal you.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Try to fall back into a doorway while laying down some supressing fire. If I can get some cover over me and walls around me, I won't have to worry so much about getting flanked.

[4]  You can't manage to find a doorway that isn't to a building that's currently on fire or look structurally sound from the sundering of the town, so you elect to just take your chances and take a shot at the Spine Demon.  ((Sorry my actions kinda screwed you over would have been worse to be in a building though.)) [6] Taking your shot at the Spine Demon, he seems to know exactly when you're about to fire and jumps to the side, dodging your otherwise well placed shot.

Quote from: Dor'lek w/AI
Heal Ochita.

[4] [4] You heal Ochita for 4 damage and brink him back from the very brink of death.

Enemy Turns

Zombie Army:  [1+1-3=-1]  The zombies mill around completely ineffectual at doing anything of any importance.

Spine Demon 1:  [6]  The decrepit troll seems to sense the Spine Demon approaching and with expert maneuvering manages to dodge out of the way.

Spine Demon 2:  [5] [(3+4)x2=14 damage] [luck roll:  5] [resist roll:  2 of 10]  The Spine Demon completely unhinges it's jaw and fires several sharpened spines into Malgun's arm.  The spines are poisoned with a quite potent poison, thankfully for Malgun though, he remains control of his arm.  Pulling one of the barbed spines out of his arm, Malgun drops it to the ground with his blood coating it.

Legion Demon Horde:  [3] [(4+4)/2= 4-3-2-1=no damage] [4] [4+4=8-3-2-1= 2 damage]  Two of the 7 demons attack you.  One of them you manage to deflect all the damage with your shield, the second however scratches you through your armor and delivers a weak poison into your system (2 damage for 2 turns)

Enemy Status

Zombie Army:
Health:  203-5=198 Health

Winged Demon Cultist 1 *dead*

Bloated Corpse 2 *dead*

Bloated Corpse 3 *dead*

Spine Demon 1
Health:  20

Spine Demon 2
Health:  20

Legion Demon Horde
Health:  7

Demon Hand 1
Health:  10
Resistances:  +3 Physical, +3 Ranged, +5 Demonic, -5 Divine

Demon Hand 2
Health:  10
Resistances:  +3 Physical, +3 Ranged, +5 Demonic, -5 Divine

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita *danger* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun *danger* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPC's

Spoiler: Mysterious Troll (click to show/hide)

(Be glad I decide A.I. turns after I roll other turns or you would have been dead Ochita.  Seriously, you lucked out you were at -3 and got a 4 on a healing roll)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:43:21 am by V-Norrec »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 21, 2010, 01:28:10 am »

Righteous Fury on one of the hands, attack the legion demon with my sword.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 21, 2010, 01:29:14 am »

Oops I forgot to have the Demon Hands do anything >.>  hmmmm, I'm feeling generous, I'll let it slide because it's my incompetence, not yours.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 21, 2010, 03:09:21 am »

Shoot whichever hand Frelock leaves and if I miss make sure to rush it with the sword before it can react.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:14:36 am by Flintus10 »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 21, 2010, 03:10:52 am »

That won't do any damage unless you get a critical hit Flintus, and also you have a melee/ranged attack you can make too, just so you know.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 21, 2010, 03:13:31 am »

That won't do any damage unless you get a critical hit Flintus, and also you have a melee/ranged attack you can make too, just so you know.
Ah thanks I'll change it then.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 116