Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94046 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 28: What do you do with a walled-in goblin?
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2010, 04:13:50 am »

Cool, it's nice having a timeline. It makes it easier to keep up with things.

Once we get back to town and collect the reward for ending the goblin threat, I'll see about finding a room for the night. It's already getting late as we head back to town, after all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2010, 05:30:10 am »

Go and ask Gardios where I might find some high quality tomes on healing. Go check out the wares if he can disclose a location. If not, go looking around the town for a library or bookstore of some sort.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2010, 09:34:53 am »

Weave an enchantment over the ground to strengthen them and prevent any more collapses, and if it works head to the bar.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2010, 10:11:57 am »

Get over to the Inn, only to realise that I have no money. I shall then look for guy.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2010, 02:43:50 pm »

Take the headdress of the goblin shaman as proof that the goblins were vanquished, then return to the captain of the guard and inform him of the events that transpired.

To answer the question posed by the title, you could throw him in the longboat till he's sober, shave his belly with a rusty razor, tie him to the wheel and call him captain, or throw him in the bunk with the captain's daughter, or any other myriad of things.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 07:56:28 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2010, 08:47:08 pm »

Head back and collect my reward and then go to the inn grab a room and start investigating the book and the crystal.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 29: Flashback Sequence in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . .
« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2010, 02:51:24 am »

Quote from: CoughDrop
Go and ask Gardios where I might find some high quality tomes on healing. Go check out the wares if he can disclose a location. If not, go looking around the town for a library or bookstore of some sort.

[6]  You head to the Traveler's Respite through the rain.  Reaching the inside, you look around for Gardios, finding him sitting at a table with a mug of some presumably strong alcoholic beverage, you approach him.  "I'm looking to obtain books about advanced healing arts, any idea where I might find such an item?"  you ask sitting down at the table with him.

"Well at this hour, just about nowhere.  Once morning hits, I should be able to point you in the right direction.  Of course if you wanted hands on lessons the priestess at the temple might be able to help, now that the townspeople are cured of this affliction."  Gardios says taking a swig of his. . . tea?  He's in a bar drinking tea???

Quote from: Ochita
Get over to the Inn, only to realise that I have no money. I shall then look for guy.

[5]  Heading towards the Traveller's Respite you see Dor'lek and Gardios sitting down together.  You decide it would be best to join them when you learn that Gardios has provided you with accommodation for the night.  That's one worry off your head at least.

Quote from: kilakan
Weave an enchantment over the ground to strengthen them and prevent any more collapses, and if it works head to the bar.

[5]  After taking a scolding from Guy you head over to where the cavern and the village meet.  Great, it's right in the center of the market.  If it weren't for this rain, you could start tracing runes of strengthening on the ground and perform the necessary enchantment quite easily, of course the rain complicates matters somewhat.

[7+3=10 out of 8]  Expending all of your mana you trace the rune in pure magical essence around the area. Proceeding with the ritual you manage to strengthen the earth that is holding ground aloft.  It should due until people can get down there to pack stone and dirt in.

Heading off towards the Traveller's Respite you see Gardios, Ochita, and Dor'lek sitting at a table together.  You join them and order a beverage as Gardios hands you a key.  "There, that wasn't so bad was it?"

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Once we get back to town and collect the reward for ending the goblin threat, I'll see about finding a room for the night. It's already getting late as we head back to town, after all.

[2]  You slowly begin to trudge back towards town.  In the growing darkness however you get lost.  [6]  After a few minutes though you stumble back onto the road and head to town.

[4]  When you get back, everything is closed up for the night and most of the town is asleep.  You trudge into the Traveller's Respite, and take a seat.  Setting down your trap box, you take a look around, you see several of the others that are to meet with the Zealot Representative tomorrow, some worse for the wear than others.  Apparently they've been keeping themselves busy as well.

Quote from: Frelock
Take the headdress of the goblin shaman as proof that the goblins were vanquished, then return to the captain of the guard and inform him of the events that transpired.

[5]  You quickly head back to town after collecting the headdress of the Goblin Shaman you squished earlier.  By the time you arrive it has started to rain and the Captain of the Guard is no doubt sleeping.  You think about maybe telling the night-shift Captain, but decide to wait and tell the same Captain you talked to earlier in the day.  You too head for the Traveller's Respite with Malgun and Flintus.

Quote from: Flintus10
Head back and collect my reward and then go to the inn grab a room and start investigating the book and the crystal.

[1]  You decide to let Malgun and Frelock lead you back, as they seem to know what they are doing. [4]  You get the tome out and begin skimming through the pages when you come across several illustrations of different crystals.  While you can't positively identify the crystal you have in your possession now, you are almost certain that it is centuries older than the goblins in caves.  You arrive in town before you can begin to even make notations of the text within the book and try to figure out the code behind it all.

[6] Wishing for some privacy, you buy a separate room from the others and receive 50 copper coins back from your purchase.  You head up to your room and set the crystal on the nightstand and take the tome out.  Where to begin with deciphering the mystery behind this.  You think perhaps the best course of action would be working out a way to nullify the effects of the undead summoning bit.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

OK, I'm here to set up the rewards list for once this is all over as it's just about time for that flash-back sequence I promised and after that you guys (who haven't yet received your award) to get it.

Demon Group
Dor'lek = Seal of Heaven (Received)
Khan = Expanded Spellbook
Ochita = You listed multiples, select one (Artifacts, Spellbook, money, or favors)

Goblin Group
You guys get slightly less choices but here they are, Money, or artifacts.  Luckily for you, money can be exchanged for just about anything you want, I'll list the rewards I'm planning on giving you and let me know if you're cool with them.
Flintus = The tome and crystal (I don't want to give away what they do yet, let's say they are necessary and awesome though)
Frelock = Enchanted sword from blacksmith (originally you signed up for a shield but you have one now)
Malgun = Cash

Sound cool to you guys?

Also you're all in the same place at the same time, well besides Flintus who is in a separate room but is free to come down if he wants.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 01, 2010, 02:56:22 am »

Spellbook. I'll post turn later >_> School...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:02 am »

Thinking it best to trust Gardios in that he can help him find some healing tomes, Dor'lek goes to the party's room and prays to the planet before retiring for the night.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:17:35 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:55 am »

...And it was a teacher training day. Joy. Having to walk 2 miles or so for nothing.

Ochita decides to go to bed after telling a short story of what they did. He also prays to the planet, thanking it for his adventure and how well it went out.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2010, 04:10:54 am »

Investigate ways to remove the crystals undead summoning abilities before going to sleep.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2010, 10:48:14 am »

Beautiful, a sword would do nicely.

Rest, and meditate on what I have learned.  Mentally go over the successful moves I did in my mind, so I'll be able to replicate them later.

Having to walk 2 miles or so for nothing.
In the snow!  Barefoot!  Uphill, both ways!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2010, 11:07:34 am »

Having to walk 2 miles or so for nothing.
In the snow!  Barefoot!  Uphill, both ways!
Back in my day I did have to do that. A very icy hill and lots of ice. Both ways. The shoes were starting to fall apart so my feet were freezing so...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:41:04 pm by Ochita »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2010, 12:35:59 pm »

Don't forget to preface that with "back in my day..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2010, 12:40:22 pm »

Cash is fine; bullets aren't free, y'know.

I listen to Ochita's story and make plans, if I'm still around town tomorrow, to go down to the caverns and try to help out with building supports for the ground. I then go to my room and try to get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be busy whether I help the townspeople or meet the representative.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 116