Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93933 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 1: Mmmm, beer
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 11:08:00 pm »

You can use your magic skills in place of potion brewing and construction and other non-combat skills for less obvious uses, such as creating poison, but directly pumping poison into someone, without even having to cut them, that's a bit too powerful.  Of course that costs mana on a per use basis.  I just didn't want to add in half a million spells that basically equate to, create object, costs random amount of mana, *snore*

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 11:28:25 pm »

note, I edited my last post with my spell list

edit: a few more spells you may liek to put in the book

Healing
Healer's Burden, Heal a target for any amount of hit points, takle damage equal to half the amount healed, (Can kill yourself, does not count as costing hp)
Blood mage's demise - all spells in the area that cost hp deal damage to the caster equal to the hp cost, this spell is not noticable untill a blood spell is cast

Divine
Beacon of hope - All allies are immuyne to supernatural fear

Elemental
Flames of war - All agressive actions in the area are improved

Demonic
Blood oath - Costs hit points instead of mana, forces another creature to keep thier promises
Blood offering - trade hp for mana
Healer's Bane - All healing fizzles, loose mana equal to half the cost of the healing spell each time this happens
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:40:13 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 11:42:32 pm »

I will activate true sight and then head out into town and look around. see if there is anywhere I can buy more ammo. (do we start off with any money?)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:18:22 am by Flintus10 »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 11:49:12 pm »

No money to start, that's half the fun is going to be making enough money to get what you need while on the move.

edit:  Just looked at spells, to tired to do anything with them right now, I'll look again in the morning and think about it then.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:17:04 am by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 11:51:23 pm »

what about the new spells?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12:50 am »

All right, so we only start with our inventory. Got it.

I finish my ale and check my wallet. Seeing that it's empty, I'll ask the bartender if there's any odd jobs around I can do today and earn some cash, and explain to him that I'm a pretty good shot but what I'm best at is building and repairing things.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:52 am »

[Will choose spells once you finish the spell book]

Find a secluded place to pray to Norrec (the planet) and attempt refining my healing spells on plants. Also, my priest has relied on himself for survival, so he also searches for wild berries/fruit to collect (making sure that no one owns them first and if he finds any, prays again to Norrec, thanking it for the food it has provided)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »

Tier one elemental magic
Elemental Bolt
Earth skin

tier two
Breath of Fire
Summon Food

Tier 3
Fire Shield
Elemental Accuracy
*Also since I'm rated as +4 when can I see some fire/neutral elemental spells?

Drink some of my ale, then spit out a small amount, and using fire magic, cause myself to breathe a small burst of flame, continue doing this as a crowd entertainer in hopes of some money.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 05:36:56 pm »

Quote from: Frelock
Go outside and find both some scrap iron and a blacksmith's shop.

[4]  You notice that many of the street lamps are made of iron.  You are pretty sure somebody would get angry if you started to try and take them apart however.  Across the street from where you examined the streetlamps there is a blacksmith shop.  Maybe he has some iron for sale?

Quote from: wolfchild
Finish my ale, then go looking for potionmaking ingredients

[1]  You choke on your ale and fall down in a coughing fit unable to move.  [3]  Eventually you clear your throat though.  Whew.

Quote from: Flintus10
I will activate true sight and then head out into town and look around.

[5]You head out to town in style.  As you walk around observing the sights, you find a lucky piece of silver on the ground.  Other than that, you notice that town is pretty small, has a wooden wall surrounding it, and contains the following, a temple dedicated to the memory of Sareesa, a blacksmiths shop, two inns, a bar, a marketplace where many knick-knacks are sold, as well as several other, mundane shops.  You also meet a person you believe to be the representative of the local black market.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I finish my ale and check my wallet. Seeing that it's empty, I'll ask the bartender if there's any odd jobs around I can do today and earn some cash, and explain to him that I'm a pretty good shot but what I'm best at is building and repairing things.

[1]  You too fall down to the mysterious chocking disease that has already afflicted Havor'e. [5]  Thankfully you seem to be better at expelling fluids from your lungs and are able to ask the bartender about jobs still.  [6]  The bartender does in fact know of a job and tells you to deliver a package down to the temple and that the priestess there will have another job for you and pay you for the package.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Find a secluded place to pray to Norrec (the planet) and attempt refining my healing spells on plants. Also, my priest has relied on himself for survival, so he also searches for wild berries/fruit to collect (making sure that no one owns them first and if he finds any, prays again to Norrec, thanking it for the food it has provided)

[5]  You head out side of the town and find a small secluded clearing in a nearby forest.  After saying a short prayer to the planet (which inflates my ego only more) you practice your healing spells on the trees in the forest causing them to look healthier.  [4]  After a little bit of practicing, you go find some berries to collect.  After collecting them you say a short prayer to Norrec again.

. . . this isn't going to do wonders for me becoming humble, to say the least :P

Quote from: kilakan
Drink some of my ale, then spit out a small amount, and using fire magic, cause myself to breathe a small burst of flame, continue doing this as a crowd entertainer in hopes of some money.

[3]  Your attempts to entertain the crowd at the bar, while successful, nets you no money.  I guess most of the people here at this hour are drunks and only spend their money booze.  The bartender gives you another mug of ale on the house though :D

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

New items are in italics to make them easier to see.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 06:59:15 pm »

Head to the temple and have a look around.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »

Go looking for Potionmaking ingredients, failing that, store some mana in my staff using my enchanting skill

ALso, how exactly does the staff skill aid spellcasting

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 08:22:26 pm »

Go into the blacksmith shop, and see if he has any work for me.  Also explain that I would like to be paid in the form of a shield.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 08:46:59 pm »

Sorry for not posting my spells earlier.
Spells:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Head back to the bar and attempt to make idle chatter - avoiding the ale as I notice people constantly choking on it. See if I can help heal someone (possibly one who is choking on this infamous ale) or ask if there is someone of whom I could be of use to.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:48 pm »

Staff Use helps in spell casting by reducing mana costs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 01:53:15 am »

*cough*"Thank you."*cough* Woah, this stuff is bad news. Still and all, I'm grateful for the job so I won't say anything about the awful ale. I take the package, adjust my hat, and leave for the temple. I'll wait to see what this priestess wants before I make any further plans.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 116