Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94002 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 17: BURNING BLOOD SWORD!
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »

Attempt once again to fire holy light at the demon.

Instead of raising our health I think you should give us negative hit points as in when you are unconscious like -10 for death in DnD or -5 for more realism.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 17: BURNING BLOOD SWORD!
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2010, 04:38:29 pm »

Blast an elemental bolt of fire off at the gibber-er while attacking the cultists with my flaming sword.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:52:18 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 18: Death to Gibberers!
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2010, 05:35:48 pm »

I'm cool with either 2x health or the D&D standard, as mentioned. Whatever keeps us alive longer.

There still might be traps about. The spot I'm standing on seems safe, so I'll look around from here and try to spot anything out of the ordinary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2010, 09:08:38 pm »

If Serious decides it's safe, continue on.  If there is an obstacle, figure out how to go around it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2010, 09:30:50 pm »

I will assist serious in looking for traps.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 19: Frelock the Acrobat
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2010, 11:23:34 pm »

Hmmm, I'm curious as to why you say no, Ochita.  I want to hear your thoughts before I make a decision.

Quote from: Ochita
Fire a burst at the demon itself, try to get the eyes.

[3] [3] [6] [(3+1)/2=2] [(3+1)/2=2]  You shoot a short burst at the Foul Gibberer, most of the bullets hitting, none in any vital spots however.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Attempt once again to fire holy light at the demon.

[5]  With a houl of rage, you unleash Holy light at the Gibberer, it is much brighter than you anticipated and doubles all enemies chance to miss this turn.

Quote from: kilakan
Blast an elemental bolt of fire off at the gibber-er while attacking the cultists with my flaming sword

[4]  With a wave of your staff and a simple spoken word you shoot a bolt of pure fire towards the Gibberer for [6] damage.  Turning to the nearest cultist [6] You telegraph your attack and he dodges in time.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
There still might be traps about. The spot I'm standing on seems safe, so I'll look around from here and try to spot anything out of the ordinary.

Quote from: Flintus10
I will assist serious in looking for traps.

[2+5]  You look for traps, however Flintus's dark vision proves to be better than torch light as he spots the next trap.  You spot a pressure plate that will activate a gauntlet of spears coming from the floor, ceiling and walls.  There must be some way to deactivate it, or perhaps by-pass it.

Quote from: Frelock
If Serious decides it's safe, continue on.  If there is an obstacle, figure out how to go around it.

[6]  "This one's easy."  says Frelock, who with a running start jumps over the pressure plate and runs through the gauntlet without ever setting off a single spear.  [3]  Now that you are here you can see another door, cautiously looking through it, you see it is a staircase that goes down.  You decide to wait for Malgun and Flintus for the moment.

Quote from: Guy
Use Soul Harvest on Gibbering Cultists and Gibbering Goblin.  Put Gun to the Foul Gibberer's... mass, and retreat cautiously, avoiding any attacks.

[4] [4+3] [4+1] [2+4]  "Your souls are trapped no longer, foul creatures, says the demon hunter blasting the three lesser gibbering creatures with Soul Harvest, which drains some of their very essence from them in order to damage their physical being.

[5] [(3+4+3)x2 = 20 damage]  Placing his enchanted gun to the center mass of the Gibberer, Guy let's loose a powerful shot that tears part of the demon asunder leaving a hole where the Foul Gibberer's flesh used to be.

[1]  Guy attempts to retreat further away from the demon, but trips over one of the Gibberer's flesh strands, this won't end well. [+1 to enemy attack rolls]

Enemy Turns

Foul Gibberer:  [6-2 = 4]  The Gibberer let's loose a mighty laugh as it cast's the gaze of insanity towards Khan.  [Resistance roll: 1]  "YOU SERVE ME NOW MORTAL"  You hear screamed within your mind.  [1 damage]  [2+1-2=1]  It also tries to engulf Guy under it's mass, but Guy rolls out of the way in time and stands back up, ready to fight on.  (+1 to enemy attack rolls removed)

Gibbering Cultist 1:  [2-2=0]  The Gibbering Cultist rushes towards Guy, trying to attack him, but his eyes, still adjusting to the dark chamber after Dor'leks mighty flash of light, does not see Guy preparing a kick.  [4] [4 damage]  The kick lands directly in the cultist's chest sending him flying backwards. 

Gibbering Cultist 2:  [4-2=2]  The second cultist rushes towards Guy as well but missed Guy's location.  "You guy's going to let me have all the fun?"  Guy asks

Enemy Status

Enemy status

Foul Gibberer
Health:  29
Mana:  21

Gibbering Cultist 1
Health:  3

Gibbering Cultist 2
Health:  7

Gibbering Goblin 2 *dead*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guy (click to show/hide)

Khan, you can break the mind control with a 5 or 6 roll, a 4 roll allows you to do nothing to hurt your friends.  1, 2, 3 means you have to follow the Gibberer's instructions.  If the Gibberer dies, you are released from it's control.  Also the status counts as a curse, so if Dor'lek or Ochita shove one of your Tears of the Penitent down your throat it'll break.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:25:53 pm by V-Norrec »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2010, 11:57:31 pm »

That's quite the leap. :D

A shame to lose my trap-box, but it's too heavy for me to make a similar jump, I think. However, it can still serve as a step to jump from, with a proper running start of course. I'll ask Flintus to help me look for the way to disarm the mechanism, but if we can't find/disarm it, I'll try to jump it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 20, 2010, 12:09:44 am »

"'You guy's going to let me have all the fun?'  Guy asks"
Holy crap! How did he cast an AoE spell, shoot the demon honcho, trip, roll, and kick in one turn? Does Jesus spend his free time in the world of Norrec under the alias of "'Guy' the Demon Hunter"?

In an attempt to keep up with the pace of Guy, I attempt to beat the cultist in front of me with my staff. Also, upon seeing Khan going slightly crazy, I attempt to push a Tear of the Penitent down his esophagus. Attempt to cast Just Retribution at the Demon. Also ask Guy if his real name is Jesus what his real name is just for kicks.

Edit: Sorry for the heavy sarcasm; mountain dew puts me in strange moods.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:28:04 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2010, 01:02:47 am »

OK, no it's not Jesus, a lot of it was actually your holy light spell ruining monster rolls. I decided that if for any reason an attack is 0 or lower you get counter-attacked with a basic 1d4 no modifier attack, kicking was the only thing I could think of.  As for Guy rolling and getting up, that was caused by Foul Gibberer getting a 1, which should only worsen his situation, I thought improving Guy's situation was the best way to ruin the Gibberer's day.

The AoE spell, gun shot, and trip were all on his combat turn.  I actually have to thank you for that Holy Light, it made Guy look like a lot more of a bad-ass than he otherwise would be :P  i.e. with out you, he'd be crawling out of the Foul Gibberer's mass that was trying to simultaneously engulf and eat him, and getting beat on by a cultist, of course one had a natural miss, but the other would have hit.  Actually, no, he'd still have the -1 modifier so it'd be a crit, and a light hit.

edit:  Of course now that I think about it more, I should have had the cultist attack himself, that would have been better, oh well, counter attacks work too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:12:39 am by V-Norrec »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2010, 03:01:56 am »

work with serious to disarm the trap.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:36 pm »

If the others accidentally activate the spear gauntlet, start slicing spears apart with my sword as they appear, to make it safer.  Otherwise, stride through door and continue slicing enemies.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:23:53 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2010, 12:09:58 pm »

Run over to the back of the gibbler and climb to its head, and fire.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2010, 02:13:16 pm »

The Gibberer has no head, it's a ball of flesh, eyes, and mouths.  Just an f.y.i.

Also Ochita, why did you not want health doubled, I want to hear the reasoning behind that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:58:22 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2010, 02:19:37 pm »

Damn. Fine....

Shove the gun into a mouth and fire.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 20: Ochita, Lord of Gun
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2010, 01:55:23 am »

T'is OK CoughDrop, I wasn't sure whether it was sarcasm or if you really wanted an explanation for how I came up with those results, granted Guy got a huge number of actions, but everybody tried to attack him this turn so I guess that would result in a lot of actions no matter what.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
A shame to lose my trap-box, but it's too heavy for me to make a similar jump, I think. However, it can still serve as a step to jump from, with a proper running start of course. I'll ask Flintus to help me look for the way to disarm the mechanism, but if we can't find/disarm it, I'll try to jump it.

Quote from: Flintus10
work with serious to disarm the trap.

[9+2+4=15 out of 10 (construction skill)]  Working together, Malgun and Flintus disarm the pressure plates mechanism.  [4]  Just to be on the safe side Malgun places his trap box on the trap.  When nothing happens, he deems it safe and both Malgun and Flintus cross to where Frelock was and follow him as he enters the stair case.

Quote from: Frelock
If the others accidentally activate the spear gauntlet, start slicing spears apart with my sword as they appear, to make it safer.  Otherwise, stride through door and continue slicing enemies.

[5]  You head down the stairs, the air grows unnaturally cold.  Something far more foul than goblins is down here, [knowledge check: 6]  You recognize these traits from your training as a Crusader, you are entering the lair of a wight, perhaps more than one.  You reach the door to the next room, taking a look you take a note of the enemies in the room.

2 Ghosts, 1 Wight, 1 Skeletal Warrior.

Quote from: CoughDrop
In an attempt to keep up with the pace of Guy, I attempt to beat the cultist in front of me with my staff. Also, upon seeing Khan going slightly crazy, I attempt to push a Tear of the Penitent down his esophagus. Attempt to cast Just Retribution at the Demon. Also ask Guy if his real name is Jesus what his real name is just for kicks.

[5] [6x2=12 damage]  You run up to the nearest Cultist, and with a swing of your staff, you seperate his head from body.  Effective.

[1]  You take a look at Khan, he looks fine, you have a demon to worry about!  You turn your back to Khan and don't give a second thought about him.

[3]  [(2+6)/2=4 damage]  "This good enough for you?"  you say to Guy as your channel the energy of justice through your staff and cast it at the Gibberer, who lets out a howl of pain.

"Who are you anyhow "Guy", surely not the humble Demon Hunter you led us to believe?"

Quote from: Ochita
Shove the gun into a mouth and fire.

[5] [5] [5] [(4+1)x2=10 damage(no joke you got this result 3 times... dice love you)]   Running forward, you force yourself towards one of the beast's mouths and let fire three rounds. Soon the Foul Gibberer is nothing more than a pile of flesh, quickly disintegrating as the creatures foul nature can fuel it no more.

You get +1 Gun Skill by the way.

Quote from: Guy
Clap Ochita on the back as I finish off the last Cultist with my sword.

[5] [auto-kill (higher skill than damage needed to kill)] You congratulate Ochita on his kill by slapping him on the back as you walk by to the final cultist, sword in your hand.  Placing your foot on his chest to hold him down you stab him in the face instantly killing him.  You put all your weapons back in their proper places.

"I'm of some minor renown in certain circles Dor'lek.  I'm also known as Viscoth."  You recognize the name as the first Demon Hunter.  Obviously he is joking as Viscoth has been dead for hundreds of years.

Quote from: Khan w/ AI
Thank Ochita for killing the Gibberer.  Focus on regaining mana.

[3]  You thank Ochita for heroically preventing you from falling to the Gibberer's insanity.  You focus on restoring mana and get a whole extra mana this turn.

Enemy Turns

Enemy Status

Foul Gibberer  *dead*

Gibbering Cultist 1  *dead*

Gibbering Cultist 2  *dead*

Wight
Health:  45
Mana:  20

Ghost 1
Health:  2

Ghost 2
Health:  2