Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93987 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Investigate the crystal I had placed in my pocket.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Yea, flintus has the crystal, not me.  I'll take my level in divine magic, with Just Retribution

Scan this room for anything that went unnoticed (hidden doors, et. ced.)  If nothing is found, walk back the the fork, and try to restore myself physically and mana...ly
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if anybody wants to join up, post will go up as soon as somebody either A wants to join up, or B it hits 11:00 PM my time.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

yes I want to join, char sheet up in a sec.

Name: Ochita
Race: As'ci'til (+2 fire resist, -1 water resist)
Bio (optional):Ochita is a demon hunter who has traveled from area to area, he gained his elemental resistance in his villages "Element test" People are exposed to one type of element, when earth and air came he was average, and many of his friends were those. However he turned out to be fire, easily standing the hot coals, his rival was water, the only water in the village, he was the only fire, he left after he was forced out. As was his rival.
Description (optional): He just looks like a normal human with a slight red tinge at his hair and eyes. Otherwise his hair is black and short. He is muscular and has 2 marks on him. The mark for fire is almost shifting on his arm while the water mark is deadly still.
Skills: (+2 Demon magic, +2 armor use, +1 weapon use. All class skills ) +2 enchantment, +1 gun use
Inventory:
1 Set of Clothing
3 Days worth of food and drink
1 Bedroll
1 artifact (Amulet of mana storage.)
1 High-power like gun. (24 rounds, around 12 rounds per clip, semi auto..?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:46:54 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I smell the death of Havor'e?  :'(
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 15: A wild Ochita appears!
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2010, 09:09:19 pm »

No, not death.  If you don't return my PM's and I know you've been on and able to see them, why should I punish everyone else with an inactive RTD.  That's just how I roll.

Quote from: wolfchild AI
Go insane.

[auto-success]  You go quite mad, throw your mana potions in after the demon hunter, Khan and Dor'lek, each of who catch one.  You also throw all your tears of the penitent down the hole before stripping out of all your clothes and streaking around town... scarring small children for life.

Inventory:
+1 Weak Mana Potion (restore 1/4 mana) to Dor'lek, Khan, and Mysterious Demon Hunter (one of you guys ask him his name already so I can call him something shorter)
5 Tears of the Penitent, up for grabs, (cures 1 Disease, 1 Poison, and 1 curse)

Quote from: kilakan
Activate my ring of light, unsheathe my claymore and jump down after the hunter.

[3]  With an extension of your will you activate your ring of light, unsheathe your sword and jump down after the Demon Hunter.  What you see is beyond the description of words.

The floor, the walls, hell even the ceiling writhe and pulse as though they were alive.  As you walk forward your shoes stick to the floor as it's covered with some kind of clear sticky liquid.  On the walls, you seem two corpses hanging.  You don't want to look at them way they have been butchered but you cannot help yourself. 

[6]  You manage to keep control of your stomach from the sight admirably when a voice speaks into your very mind.  "Your friends will abandon you.  Kill them all before they kill you."  You push the voice out of your head, you can feel the presence poking around still however.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Unfortunately there's nothing I want, and nothing valuable to sell. I'll search the room for additional exits, looking specifically for one that goes deeper underground. It seems to me that goblins would want to hole up somewhere deep and dark, anyway. If I can't find one leading deeper, I'll take one that heads to the right.

[3]  You search the room, and find no exits going downward, there is one however that leads further North.  It looks like that is the only other entrance to the room other than the South Entrance you came through.

Quote from:  CoughDrop
Drop down as quietly as possible and take a good look around.

[1]You drop down but rather than land on your feet you fall over.  You're covered in the sticky fluid that the floor seems to generate.  [4]  You stand up and get as much of the gunk off of you as you can when you look around.  ((read the corpses description in Kilakan's post if you want an in-depth look of the near-by surroundings))

It looks like the tunnel leads to the west, you see no doors or any other direction in which it's possible to head.

[5] You hear a voice in the dark recesses of your mind speak to you.  "It was your fault.  There is no escape, not in this life, not in the next."  You push the voice out of your mind and shake your head.  Truly this is a dark place, and you cannot wait to be out of here.

Quote from: Flintus10
Investigate the crystal I had placed in my pocket.

[4]  You take the crystal out of your pocket and begin looking it over.  After a little bit of examination you believe the crystal to slowly bring more and more dead back to life,[4] however if a sufficiently powerful divine spell were to act on it you believe the crystal would instead restore your life slowly, (at a rate of 1 every other turn), or you could have Malgun take the demonic soul out of it and put it into some other, harmless object.  Either option would stop the crystal from raising the dead.  You let the other two know about your findings.

Quote from:  Frelock
Scan this room for anything that went unnoticed (hidden doors, et. ced.)  If nothing is found, walk back the the fork, and try to restore myself physically and mana...ly

[2]  You manage to find the same door that Malgun found, but only when he said something about it.  You decide you should probably heal yourself before going any further however.  [1]  Never mind healing can wait, SMASH GOBLIN NOW!

Quote from: Ochita
appear

You are in a room caged up. There is a human cultist and a lesser demon cackling and planning something together.  Probably about how to torture and kill you next as they did with the two people that were brought in before you.  At least your training in hunting demons allows you to filter out the voice that was speaking into everyone else's mind.  You look to the chest across the room where the cultists are keeping all your equipment besides the clothes you are wearing.  You sigh, hoping against hope that somebody arrives to help you.

((I need your spell list btw, you get 2 spells from the demonic category, up to tier 2, if you have an idea for a spell let me know and I will consider adding it and making it official))

Enemy Turns

none

Enemy Status

Human Cultist
Health: 10

Lesser Demon
Health:  8
Mana:  2

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPCs

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2010, 09:42:02 pm »

Stride boldly through the door, decapitating any goblins/undead/demons I happen to come across.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2010, 01:20:17 am »

Follow Frelock and kieep him covered

You guys have anything in particular you want to do with the crystal?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2010, 03:11:42 am »

Okay... Umm

Spell book.

Tier 1:
Necro bolt.
Tier 2:
True sight.

MY action is to weaken the chains on me by pulling, until when I can swing it out at a moments notice
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2010, 04:05:13 am »

Hmm, it would be pretty useful to have constant health regen, but if you want me to transfer it, that'll be cool too. After all, that's what Malgun's here for. ^^

I use some of the leather straps from construction to make a sling for the trap-box, so it'll fit my shoulders like a backpack. Afterwards, I follow, taking the rearguard position since Flintus is covering Frelock out in front.

Also, just to clarify, I'll set the straps opposite of the opening so that if an enemy is creeping up on me, I can use the manual controls to fire the spikes at it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2010, 04:41:33 am »

Yeah I'll just hang on to it untill we are done here...out of interest would the crystal allow me to control any undead creatures summoned by it?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2010, 11:31:00 am »

That's the fun thing about science, I don't even know until you get successful/unsuccessful rolls at modifying the nature of the crystal, I just listed two possibilities, but really there are far more than that.  As far as the unmodified crystal, nope, it just summons bad things to kill you.

edit:  Also, You've never heard of subtlety have you Frelock?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:22:19 pm by V-Norrec »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »

Take the tears, then ask the demon hunter his name and tell him about the unusual voice I hear, attempt to destroy the enchantments keeping the tortured souls alive, in a merciful act, though avoid using more then half my current mana.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:21:20 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2010, 02:34:45 pm »

Also, You've never heard of subtlety have you Frelock?

I have come to the conclusion that subtlety in RTD's is a poor strategy in that a single bad roll will completely destroy a subtle plan, whereas a brute force strategy will only be set back.

Plus, I like role-playing a zealot who slices first and asks questions later.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2010, 03:02:26 pm »

Decide that I will ease the pain of those suffering on our way out as I need to conserve my mana for the very possible fight ahead. Continue to follow Khan and the Demon Hunter.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 116