Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93934 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 144: Two hours of sleep shenanigans.
« Reply #1665 on: November 12, 2011, 11:25:02 am »

If you are asking for my turn i have already posted, if you are not please ignore this
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 145: Using the Souls of the Departed
« Reply #1666 on: November 18, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »

Quote from: wolfchild
Rest up, while planing a way to light all the candles really quickly

[6]  You regain your strength quite quickly, and think on the problem set in front of you.  The more you think about it, the more certain you are that the solution is not attempting to light all the candles, but rather the right combination of candles.  [5]  With a sudden burst of brilliant insight you know which candles to light.  It was so simple, this whole time.

((I was going to make you guys puzzle it out, but I figured that approach doesn't work very well with this format and will be abandoning it.))

Quote from: Malgun
Malgun considered the mark on his hand. I don't know if I can risk opening a portal. It might not lead back home; it would be more reliable to kill the demon maintaining this illusion. What I should do is give myself the ability to kill this demon, and possibly more in the future. I need strength to do that... strength to protect everyone. He clenched his fist and focused on the demon energy. I need to hit harder, react quicker, absorb more punishment... He tried to spread it throughout his body, to concentrate it until his muscles and boost his natural abilities.

[5]  You feel yourself falling. . . the air around you, it's different somehow.  You try to move, but you can't.  You hear a voice, you recognize it somehow, but it's not saying anything you can make out.

"Oooonnn yeeeh sii'juuusterall. Oooonnn justitarl.  Oooonnn justisoon."  It makes absolutely no sense to you, but then the voice morphs into something you recognize.  "You know me to hide my friend, because I'm just like you."  It's definitely the voice of one of your few childhood friends.  Before you can do anything else, you wake up.  You look down at yourself, you don't really feel all that different, but somehow you can feel the power of the demon souls running through your veins, dormant, but definitely there.

Quote from: Frelock
Give myself a quick healing, then run to the fortress to inform someone in power about Light's betrayal.

[2]  You can't focus on magic right now, not after this.  Somebody must know!  [6] You run to Abelcroft Fortress, faster than you ever knew possible and burst straight through the doors to the Main Chamber.  At the top of your voice you yell "We have been betrayed!  Marshall Light has sabotaged the island and the airships!  We must secure the city as fast as possible!"  Soon the entire fortress is in an uproar, soldiers rushing down the stairs and contracted mages and priests rushing around, doing who knows what.  It strikes you suddenly, this is chaos, just the chance you need to get in and take care of your little problem.

Quote from: Zako
If I find a empty store or distracted shopkeeper, pocket something valuable or two on the way.

[1]  You try to make your way to an empty stall, but find yourself caught up in a crown of people unable to make much progress in any direction.  [4]  You take the opportunity to lift a coinpurse though.

+18 Silver

Quote from: Ochita
Find the nearest doctor, and help with the wounded, using anything clean enough as bandages.

[3]  You look around and easily find a doctor.  The wounded are just now beginning to come in, most of them will never make it though, washed out to sea, or engulfed in the liquid iron.  [2]  You do what you can to help but you find yourself overwhelmed by everything that just happened.  You manage to mildly improve the doctor's speed though so he lets you keep helping out.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Yes! He stares slightly at Malgun and studies his concentration techniques as they wait for Havor'e to hurry up.

[4]  You stare at Malgun.  It looks like he's going to pass out but he comes out of it soon enough.  All-in-all, it really doesn't look like much happened.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 145: Using the Souls of the Departed
« Reply #1667 on: November 18, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »

As the chaos swirled around him, Frelock had an idea.  He tried to push it out of his mind, but it remained.  Sneaking into an Executor's office went against everything he stood for as a zealot.  Stealing papers would probably count as treason, and likely get him killed if he got caught.  But this was his family, dammit.  His beautiful wife, his newborn son, their lives were at stake here.  Such chaos must be a sign from some god to take action.  But the decision must be made now, or the opportunity would pass...

Go up to Executor Le'Stronge's office, and find the file with my family's information.  If I happen to come across anything by Marshall Light, take that as well, but don't spend time looking for it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 18, 2011, 09:11:40 pm »

Malgun shook his head. Those had been strange words... odd that it had turned into the voice of a kid he knew way back when, but he felt that it was either a distraction to keep him from grasping at the true meaning of the words, or that his brain had come up with something that was the closest approximation to what the words could mean and using his friend's voice was just merely part of the process. Best to leave it alone until I have access to research materials. Sitting and thinking in a place like this isn't going to help matters. And speaking of sitting and thinking, now that he was paying attention it looked like Havor'e had just had a burst of inspiration herself judging from her expression.

"What's going on? Anything you need help with?" Malgun asked, turning to her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 18, 2011, 10:55:26 pm »

"Hmm, not bad, but still needs more work." Zack mused as he rolled the coin pouch over in his hands. Pocketing it, he pushed onwards into the markets.

Keep looking for an unoccupied stall, and see if there is anything of worth/use to lift. Keep an eye out for medical supplies.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 19, 2011, 07:55:04 pm »

Light the candles, Tell them what needs to be done too just in case Something happens to me before I succeed, you never know demons

By tghe way, what was the puzzle, The information you gave was not enough to realy understand which candles to light
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 19, 2011, 11:22:33 pm »

Dor'lek casts Summon Food and offers some magical pastries to his friends whilst helping Havor'e light the candles.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 20, 2011, 08:55:57 pm »

Bumping for Ochita

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 20, 2011, 09:26:35 pm »

Get some non-wounded to help with the doctor, go towards the zealot organisation. I want answers.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 146: The Journey Begins (Background Story)
« Reply #1674 on: November 23, 2011, 08:58:35 am »

Quote from: Frelock
Go up to Executor Le'Stronge's office, and find the file with my family's information.  If I happen to come across anything by Marshall Light, take that as well, but don't spend time looking for it.

[6]  You make your way up the office and make a careful and thorough search of the entire office.  You gather everything related to your family, your party, and Marshall Light that you can find.  You spend a bit of time looking at the papers.  It seems he had contracted some mage to do the killing in case things got out of hand and could speak with this mage through his signet ring.  [4] You take the signet ring that happens to be lying on his desk and make your escape.  [2]  As you attempt to get out of the Fortress you here voices behind you.  You pray they aren't looking for you as you continue moving on.  [3] "Frelock, we need all the men we can get our hands on.  Help us lock down the city.  The sooner we re-establish control, the better."  Well, at least it was LeStronge you suppose as you carefully transfer everything your backpack.  It should be safe there, for the time at least.

Quote from:
Malgun shook his head. Those had been strange words... odd that it had turned into the voice of a kid he knew way back when, but he felt that it was either a distraction to keep him from grasping at the true meaning of the words, or that his brain had come up with something that was the closest approximation to what the words could mean and using his friend's voice was just merely part of the process. Best to leave it alone until I have access to research materials. Sitting and thinking in a place like this isn't going to help matters. And speaking of sitting and thinking, now that he was paying attention it looked like Havor'e had just had a burst of inspiration herself judging from her expression.

"What's going on? Anything you need help with?" Malgun asked, turning to her.

[6]  The voices... are those why so many people can't handle this power... does it get worse?  Did Sareesa suffer though this as well.  Your head swims as you try to piece together an answer.  Unfortunately the answers don't come, you'll probably need help from Sareesa to ascent to the next level, whatever that is.

Quote from: Zako
Keep looking for an unoccupied stall, and see if there is anything of worth/use to lift. Keep an eye out for medical supplies.

[5+1]  You find a stall and lift a couple of minor health potions.  You also manage to pilfer a couple gold coins.  SCORE!

Quote from: wolfchild
Light the candles, Tell them what needs to be done too just in case Something happens to me before I succeed, you never know demons

[1]  You tell Dor'lek what to do.  You try to get up but you just don't have the energy.  This realm is very strange, that much is certain.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek casts Summon Food and offers some magical pastries to his friends whilst helping Havor'e light the candles.

[5]  You hand out some summoned food and [5] set about lighting the candles.  Just as you finish you hear something tearing behind you.  The man from earlier... what is he doing here.  "I suppose I should thank you, you weakened the barriers between our worlds enough for me to tear my way here.  Now then, you all should get out of here, Demon's aren't exactly pleasant when the experience true death." 

Quote from: Ochita
Get some non-wounded to help with the doctor, go towards the zealot organisation. I want answers.

[4]  You go towards Abelcroft Fortress.  They aren't allowing any non-Zealots in right now, for obvious reasons.  You see Frelock getting into formation, he'll probably be coming outside soon, maybe you can score the answers out of him.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

NPCs
Spoiler: Thirty-Seven (click to show/hide)

Before the story of Sareesa here is the gifting of points, You all will be receiving the following points.

Frelock:  +1 Pickpocket, +1 Shield Use
Zako:  +1 Gun Use (don't ask why, just go with it), +1 Technology Use
Malgun:  +1 Gun Use
Havor'e:  +1 Elemental Magic, +1 Enchantment
Dor'lek:  +1 Enchantment  Level up  +10 Health, +6 Mana
Ochita:  +1 Enchantment, + 1 Gun Use, Level up +19 Health, +3 Mana

I'll try to remember to update everything, REMIND ME THOUGH!!!  Posting the story up now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:54:41 am by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 23, 2011, 09:34:57 am »

Follow advice

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 23, 2011, 09:39:29 am »

Three years after being accepted into the Zealots,

The young troll sat on the back of the wagon making it's way up the mountain.  He wasn't even sure why, but something felt right about this direction.  Ever since they had been accepted, Sentinel hadn't seen or heard from Sareesa.  At first this didn't bother him because he just assumed she was being trained to follow a different path, but as the weeks turned to months his suspicions were raised.  Sareesa was a Zealot killer, who knows what they might have done to her.

There were two other Crusades on the wagon and the merchant driving the whole thing.  "Stop looking so glum back there Troll, we're almost to the Abbey.  This should be an easy assignment, just wave the flag around show we care about them then head home, couldn't be easier.

"I'm not on assignment, I'm looking for someone. . .  I promised her."

The other Crusader looks puzzled before shrugging his shoulders.  "It's your life.  At least the east is relatively free of demons now.  I'm not even sure why.  They say there is some sort of demon civil war going on.  People talk about lights in the distance, but that doesn't make any sense to me.  Up until now there has always been a clear leader behind the demons, so why should now be any different"

The crusader sitting next to him picked up, "They say there is some kind of lone monster running around, fighting the demons.  As long as this Monster can keep from killing the civils in the area, I couldn't care less.  Any enemy of the demons is a friend of mine."

"Even if that's true, and I doubt it since the only people who've seen this 'monster' are widows and drunks who would say anything for attention, that monster has been feeding on demon blood for a couple of years now.  Is bound to be little more than a demon itself and were going to be the ones who have to put it down, just you watch."

"Sareesa, I want to believe. . . you're out here somewhere.  I can almost feel you, right next to me."

"It's been my displeasure to watch you these last few years Sareesa.  You seem to think that you are special somehow, that the rules don't apply to you.  You will never escape us Sareesa, no matter how hard you pull at your bonds, you will always exist purely to serve us.  Outside of that, you are nothing.  Your powers are evil, and you must be hidden away from everyone in order to preserve the sanctity of this land.  Even now I can smell your putrid magic infecting this room."

Sareesa looked up at her "Warden".  "Someday, you will answer for your crimes."

"Then we will burn in the depths of the Underworld together Sareesa."

To be continued . . .

((Yeah I ended up changing this a lot from my original idea, I like this much more, much less "Sue-ish"))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 146: The Journey Begins (Background Story)
« Reply #1677 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:45 am »

Don't forget to add my new potions and money to my inventory! It would be handy to know how much I have of either one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 23, 2011, 10:34:35 am »

I did

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 23, 2011, 11:00:04 am »

Dor'lek turns to the agent. "To combat the nature of our dangerous situation, I'd be liken' to have some proof that you are who you say ye' are. Also, I be assuming ye' plannin' on takin this demon down yourself?"
He then turns to Malgun. "I think it'd be best we accompany him ta make sure all goes well, correct?" He says, gathering himself.

Also, I'm liking the back-story.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 116