Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93984 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 13: The Second Death of 17 Goblins
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »

Quote from: kilakan
Cast Earth skin on myself, and get ready to enter the house.

[5]  You cast Earthskin on yourself raising your physical resistance by 4, however instead of the standard two turns it will last for 3.  You prepare to enter the house on the Demon Hunters mark.

Quote from: Frelock
Goblin Necromancer, meet the longsword in your gut.  Also meet righteous fury in your face.  Shout to intimidate zombie mob B into attacking me instead of serious

[3] [(6+3)/2 =4.5 rounded up to 5]  You stab your sword into the stomack of the goblin and twist it befor kicking the goblin off of your sword, and turning around to face the zombie mob heading towards Malgun.  [auto-fail]  You try to shout to intimidate them, but they seem single minded in thier determination to destroy thier attacker.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
The zombies are moving slow enough that I have time to get off at least one more shot, so I work the lever action to load in a new bullet, take aim at the leading zombie, and shoot it. If they get too close, I'll fall back and start trying to set up my trap-box.Then, sidestep left.

[5] [(3+2+1)x2=12 damage]  The zombies are marching towards you single-file, very nice of the zombies to agree to be a shooting gallery like that.  You pop out the casing of the expended bullet and line up a new shot at the head level of all these zombies.  You gently apply pressure to the trigger until the shot goes off perfectly downing 5 of the remaining 7 zombies.  You chuckle a little bit to yourself and [6] sidestep to the left waiting for your trap box to go off and kill the remaining 2 zombie goblins.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Scout the house from a distance and suggest splitting in teams to cover how many entrances there are so that we might be able to flank any enemies that may be inside. Also be weary of traps.

[3]  You walk around the house looking for any secondary entrances but find none.  If they're going to get out after you storm in, it's going to be through the windows or through you.  You return to the Demon Hunter, he nods and [6] somehow kicks in the door perfectly silently despite the wood splintering at the frame and the door itself breaking.  He must have silenced the sound with some spell of his.

Everyone rushes inside first the Demon Hunter followed by Kilakan, followed by you, followed by Havor'e.  [luck roll, 6]  Inside you find nothing, apperantly all the cultists are either out right now or down in the demon's chambers.  There is a hole in the floor leading down.  Without speaking the Demon Hunter approaches and raised his hand, indicating to the rest of you to let him go down first.  He kneels over and looks down, not being able to see in the near-perfect darkness of the Demon's Lair you realize you should probably find or enchant some sort of light source.  The Demon Hunter turns around and uncovers his face for the first time, revealing he demonic eye, red and constantly probing the surroundings, never looking at one object or person for too long.  "This is worse than I thought."  he mutters.  He looks even more pale than he did before.

Quote from: Flintus10
I will take out as many skeletons as possible before drawing my sword if they get to close

[4-1][(4+2)/2=6 damage]  You take out your pistol and take aim at the skeltons.  Since they are nothing more than bone they're rather hard to aim at, but you manage to get off a shot that downs 3 of them.  [5]  You decide that using life siphon would be more effective and summon up a black pool of energy beneath the skeletons to suck thier energy out of thier bodies and transfer it to you. [5x2 = 10 damage /2 = 5 health restored]  All the remaining skeletons drop and you feel greatly restored in energy.  You laugh silently to yourself about the inferior casting abilities of the goblins.

Quote from: wolfchild AI
Follow Demon Hunter

[3] You follow the Demon Hunter and manage to stay out of trouble.

Enemy Turns

Goblin Shaman: *dead*

Goblin Necromancer A:  *dead*

Goblin Necromancer B:  *dead*

Goblin Zombie Mob A:

[6][4][3]  The Goblins Zombies attempt to attack Frelock again, for [*dodge*][5-3=2][(5-3)/2=1]  The are much more effective at damaging you this time.

Goblin Zombie Mob B:  [4-1]  The two remaining zombies stumble straight into your trap and ([5][1][4]=10 damage) they take the spikes directly into their rotting bodies, puncturing them and letting the ichor that kept them alive drain out.  The spikes then retract ino the box and await use a second use. 
*dead*

Goblin Skeletal Mob A:  *dead*

Enemy Status

Goblin Shaman: *dead*

Goblin Necromancer A:  *dead*

Goblin Necromancer B:  *dead*

Goblin Zombie Mob A:
Health:  25

Goblin Zombie Mob B: *dead*

Goblin Skeletal Mob A:  *dead*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPC's

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:35:36 pm by V-Norrec »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2010, 05:27:15 pm »

Send a necrophyte bolt at the remaining goblins.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2010, 05:34:51 pm »

Shoot I just realized I forgot to factor in armor use to damage reduction for Frelock, my bad, you have 9 health.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2010, 06:22:10 pm »

Lift a small item from the surroundings and quickly enchant it to give off a flame like light, hand it to the demon hunter and if there's time make another one for myself and Coughdrop.
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »

Though I appreciate the health, I feel obliged to remind you that I was down to 8 health last turn, bringing me down to 7 for this one.  Also, wasn't I damaged twice: once for 1 damage and once for 2, bringing me down to 5?  Finally, I do get +1 to my attack next turn due to the dodge, right?

Mighty Cleave right through the zombie hoard, righteous fury any remaining, then examine the rest of the room for other exits.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:14:03 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:30 pm »

no I've been forgetting to factor in your armor use which reduces all those previous damage amounts to 0 so you're only down to 9, and yes, you get +1 to attack this turn.  the + 2 for armor use counts for every attack.

I could go back and change it... but I'm lazy, so yeah

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2010, 10:02:03 pm »

"What do you see?"
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2010, 01:21:27 am »

I tip my hat to the zombies with a smirk as thanks for testing my trap for me, eject the spent shell, and look around the battlefield. It looks like Frelock is getting swarmed, so I'll try to thin the horde for him. If he and Flintus manage to kill them all before I can fire, though, I'll just pack up my trap, put it away, and search the area/bodies for loot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RT Turn 14: Frelock the invincible [Empty character slot]
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »

Well it looks like we're going to have an empty spot, wolfchild HAS been on lately but hasn't posted, or responded to my private message.  This will be the last AIed turn so I'm going to go ahead and open up sign-ups now.  If you guys have any friends or something you can get them in now.

Quote from: Flintus10
Send a necrophyte bolt at the remaining goblins.

[2]  You summon up the energy for a necrotic bolt and cast it towards the zombie goblins.  The shot goes wide however and hits the cave wall and extinguishes itself with a sizzle

Quote from: kilakan
Lift a small item from the surroundings and quickly enchant it to give off a flame like light, hand it to the demon hunter and if there's time make another one for myself and Coughdrop.

[6] You pick up a nearby ring, amulet and random copper coin and decide to enchant them to give off a decent amount of light down in the darkness.  [1+2=3 of 3]  You enchant all three of the items, they give off about the same amount of light as a torch and you hand them out.  You offer the amulet to the Demon Hunter but he turns around to you and says "No thanks, carrying a light source will only diminish my stealth capacities.  I have dark vision anyhow, you can keep it."  You decide to put it in your pocket and carry it with you just in case.

-2 mana +1 regen

Inventory Khan:
+ Ring of light (provides as much light as a torch on command)
+ Amulet of light (provides as much light as a torch on command)
Inventory Dor'lek:
+Coin of light {provides as much light as a torch on command)

Quote from: Frelock
Mighty Cleave right through the zombie hoard, righteous fury any remaining, then examine the rest of the room for other exits.

[6+1=7(critical hit. . . because I say so)] [(6+3)x2=18 damage]  You whirl around on the zombies slashing through them.  They fall one after another, there are only three zombies remaining.  [5] [4x2=8 damage]  Summoning up more divine energy you blast the remaining enemies with a beam of pure and holy light.  Nothing remains of them.  [1]  You are so taken in by blood lust and the thrill of slaughter that you don't even see the entrance to the room much less any additional exits.

You gain 1 point in any magical skill you wish, specify which to gain the point.

Quote from: CoughDrop
"What do you see?"

The Demon Hunter shakes his head a little and says "It's infested down there.  I warn you, you will see horrors that you will never forget down in those halls.  The walls.... they will pulse with life.  Corpses will be strewn everywhere, their blood feeding the hungry mouths of hell.  That's not the worst though, I can't describe any more, you'll simply have to see."  The demon hunter covers up half of his face again with his cloak.  "Let's go."  he drops down the hole and you here him land with an odd squishing noise.  You here his gun come out of his holster.  "It's safe, drop down." he says with a hoarse whisper just loud enough for you to hear him.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I tip my hat to the zombies with a smirk as thanks for testing my trap for me, eject the spent shell, and look around the battlefield. It looks like Frelock is getting swarmed, so I'll try to thin the horde for him. If he and Flintus manage to kill them all before I can fire, though, I'll just pack up my trap, put it away, and search the area/bodies for loot.
  [5] You tip your hats to the now dead zombies with a smirk on your face as you close your trap box and move it into the room, closing and barring the door behind you with a random piece of wood, preventing people from following behind you and getting in any cheap attacks.  [3]  You take an inventory of the loot in the room, of course the crystal in Frelock's pocket still needs to be examined as it's still making an odd pulsating, rhythmic sound.

Loot:  3 dirty goblin robes
Many Rotting Goblin Meat
1 Smelly Leather Armor
Several gallons of ichor
Several Goblin Skeletons

Quote from: wolfchild AI
Do something useful.

[1]  You fail to do anything useful.

Enemy Turns

No Enemies

Loot
3 dirty goblin robes
Many Rotting Goblin Meat
1 Smelly Leather Armor
Several gallons of ichor
Several Goblin Skeletons

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPC's

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:08:16 pm by V-Norrec »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Activate my ring of light, unsheathe my claymore and jump down after the hunter.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:01:04 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't need to recast Earth Skin, I just forgot to post it in your status changes, you got 2 turns left still.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ahh k thought it got blown out by the enchanting.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

good catch on your part, like I said, just tell me if I do anything stupid like that and I'll fix it lol.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Unfortunately there's nothing I want, and nothing valuable to sell. I'll search the room for additional exits, looking specifically for one that goes deeper underground. It seems to me that goblins would want to hole up somewhere deep and dark, anyway. If I can't find one leading deeper, I'll take one that heads to the right.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drop down as quietly as possible and take a good look around.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 116