Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93947 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 142: Well, lighting all the candles doesn't work.
« Reply #1635 on: October 16, 2011, 02:43:03 pm »

aghrlegahblarglegrhagr

Malgun turned the safety off now that there was a threat before them and took aim at the blade-handed demon's head. He was the bigger threat; the spines the other shot might hurt, might even poison, but he was confident in the healing capabilities of Havor'e and the Sister. The bladed demon, however, could cause massive trauma and it needed to die ASAP. Once he was sure he had the shot, he fired, hoping to blind his target with a well-placed shot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 142: Well, lighting all the candles doesn't work.
« Reply #1636 on: October 16, 2011, 04:06:56 pm »

Just Retribution on the spine demon.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 16, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »

Wishing she could blind the demons, Havor'e does not, as with all the innocents around the deamon will likely hit one of them instead, so Havor'e Launches a blast of acid water, attempting to catch both of the demons in it/b]
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 16, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

Oooooh god. This is even worse.. Use the crystal. Use it to stop the water, by any means.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 16, 2011, 07:41:37 pm »

"Son of a bitch..." Zack whispered as he looked at the other airship. A horrible feeling sat itself square in his stomach, like a lead weight. "Frelock, I hate to do this buddy, but I do hope we are not boarding that ship, or getting anywhere near it for that matter. It would be a REALLY bad idea."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:59 pm »

"Well, said Freylock as he applied a bit of magic to his wounds again, "can you see any other way to stop the people responsible for this?"
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 17, 2011, 12:03:15 am »

"We stop them when we are actually capable of doing so. Right now, I'm suprised we are still breathing. We should thank our lucky stars and leave while we still can." Zack glanced back to the enemy airship once again, eyes narrowing. "But mark my words, we will return. I promise you that."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 143: Where be mah rolls?
« Reply #1642 on: October 23, 2011, 04:08:05 am »

Zako and Frelock's Turn

"Son of a bitch. . ." the cloaked man whispered.  The noise of the engine insured nobody heard him.  The sight of the rival family was clearly an ill omen, and that he had thrown in with Frelock's corrupted mentor was even worse.  Frelock emerged from the hold and urged the Troll onwards.  "Frelock, I do hate to complain, but I do not think it would be so wise to. . . engage.  We need to get out of here with our necks still intact."

"What, and let the traitors get away?  You may not give a damn about the Zealots, or even about Sareesa but there is no way we can let them get away with this.  The blood of hundreds, if not thousands, of people are on their hands, and we must stop them."  Frelock said.  His feelings aside though he could see the ship was getting away, and there weren't enough supplies on-board for a long term chase anyhow.  Still, they had to try though.

"Frelock, the people on-board that other ship, they are far stronger than we are.  We are still alive, and we have many friends.  When we are stronger and our friends are with us, we will pick them apart, one by one.  Until then though, we need to continue living."  You turn around and look at the doomed airships, they are just sort of milling around, clearly uncertain about what to do under the circumstances when the first of them begins to. . . melt.  It looks like those bombs were no ordinary bombs.  The entire ship is turning into molten steel and iron.  On board you can just barely make out some human figures as they are absorbed into the ball of molten steel.  Slowly as the Engines dissolve the ship begins to melt into the bay, creating clouds of steam.  Soon the other ships begin to glow bright orange as well.  Both Frelock and Zack both turn away hardly able to stomach the sight.

"Sareesa, have mercy, this can't get any worse can it?

Ochita's turn

You look at the crystal expectantly.  "DO SOMETHING YOU DAMN THING.  EVERYBODY IS GOING TO DIE IF WE CAN'T STOP THIS MADNESS!"  The crystal is completely unchanged though.  You quickly stash is in your back pack and start running away.  You don't really need to, but you don't want to look at the people as they are swept out to sea.  Looking backwards you see the ships beginning to rain molten steel down on the bay.  You stop in horror, "From this, there can be no recovery.  We will be lucky if this entire city isn't wiped out."  Looking around you, you see several people running away, and others standing there, unmoving.

Malgun, Dor'lek, and Havor'e's Turn

Malgun quickly clicks the safety off and looks down the sights of his rifle.  He lines the shot up and takes his opportunity.  The demon goes flying backwards with a fresh hole in it's head.  "I am going to make you bleed like a pig!"  As the the demon recovers Havor'e manages to conjure up some acid and launches the caustic ball towards the demons.  It splatters all over both of them destroying much of the their outer layers.  The Demon Hand melts away completely leaving nary a trace behind him.  The Spine Demon still represents a threat however.

Dor'lek steps up and attempts to silence this final threat, but the spine demon quickly changes it's attention from Malgun to Dor'lek.  Roaring it's bestial fury, it launches several spines at Dor'lek,  Forced to get out of the way Dor'lek badly misses the Just Retribution.  "A curse upon yah, demon.  Yah be dead soon, and yah won't be comin' back from 'dis one."

With all this havoc going on the Sister manages to work out a blessing for the entire group.  Whenever somebody gets hit next, a blinding flash will go off, allowing for escape, or for a cheap shot.

Enemy Status

Spine Demon
Health:  4 of 20

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

((In order to make this more cinematic and such I've hidden the dice rolls, I don't think this will be a permanent change, I just wanted to make it a little special since you had to wait so long for this turn))

Also, I'm almost finished with the back-story for Sareesa and Sentinel.  It's going to be pretty cool, I have a feeling.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 143: Where be mah rolls?
« Reply #1643 on: October 23, 2011, 04:18:06 am »

I approve of this. It gives it extra goodness!

Zack sighed in sadness, shaking his head and looking away. These people didn't deserve this. But he had to remain strong, if not for Frelock's sake. "Take us down to the bay. Let us get away from this horror."

Tell the troll to take us down to the bay. Sit down and have a drink in sorrow with Frelock to mourn those lost.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 23, 2011, 05:03:49 am »

It's fine with me to hide the rolls for dramatic purposes. ^^^

Malgun absorbed the demon's soul into the mark. Just one more and then we're safe... maybe with their power I can rip a hole in this spell and get us back to safety. He worked the lever, ejecting the spent shell, and took aim at the spine demon's chest. He wasn't certain its heart was there, but perhaps he would be lucky...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: October 23, 2011, 05:31:18 am »

"See, deamons are just that, they are not invulnerable"
Havor'e attempts to comfort the villagers, and fires a righteous strike at the spine daemon
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 23, 2011, 10:31:09 am »

"No.. This is horrible.. But I have to do something."

Magically amplify my own voice. And shout the following

"Everyone! Start running towards the stone buildings, that will withstand this assalt! If you see someone who isn't moving, start leading them towards one! That is an order of the highest caliber!"
Then start to lead a couple of non-moving people towards a sturdy building.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 23, 2011, 01:31:26 pm »

Frelock looked away from the horrors around him, and instead stared at the retreating airship.  He burned its image into his mind, with a vow.  "Never again.  If I need to make it my personal mission to hunt you to the ends of the earth, Light, I shall.  To spare the world from another tragedy like this one.  Never again."  When they finally reached land, and Zack offered a drink, Frelock shook his head.  "Now is not the time to be forgetting.  That will come another day.  For now, we must do something to help keep the city from devolving into chaos.  I overheard them speaking before we left, and that was their true aim."  Frelock sat in thought for a short time, then his face became grave.  "The people need someone to blame, other than each other.  Something to unify them.  We must counter falsehood with falsehood."  Looking over at his companion, he says with a look of determination in his eye, "I think I have a plan."

Help get the ship down to the city, and then proceed to spread the rumor that a group of demons is behind this.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:06:13 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 23, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »

Ochita, you and everyone around you are quite safe.  The people on the docks got washed away though and are now either struggling to get back to land, being scalded to death by steam, or having molten steel rain down on them.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 23, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »

Ah.
That helps.

Get people to safety. And by that, I mean, take the floating enchantments off the fallen island, and use it to repell all of the falling fire and molten steel. Order people to start to get hospitals ready, and do it now.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 116