Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93953 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 141: Sareesa is out for the count
« Reply #1620 on: October 11, 2011, 04:11:25 am »

Twenty-five groups, variable numbers that haven't been examined for an exact count yet, all extinguished.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 11, 2011, 04:13:28 am »

Zack didn't wait for Frelock to make a decision, he made it for him. "Go! GO! We need to get out of here now!!"

Tell the troll to take away from the chapel right away, and reload my gun while in transit. Keep an eye on the Marshall.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:16:48 am by Zako »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 11, 2011, 04:15:01 am »

You mean the Airships that are about to explode, Light's Airship, or did you not understand that you were actually on a small Airship yourself right now?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 11, 2011, 04:15:50 am »

Oh, I didn't realise we were on a airship already. Changing action!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:38 am »

That's why I sought Clarification :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 11, 2011, 04:24:39 am »

Malgun sighed and pressed his fingertips against his forehead, rubbing it slightly. Goddamnit. He turned around and looked at the other three. "Sareesa is... busy. I spoke to her but she's having a lot of trouble right now; if I had to guess I'd say some kind of spell is taking up all of her concentration. Anyway, God helps those who help themselves, or so I've heard, and if we're going to get out of here we're going to have to do it on our own." He checked his ammo count, but kept the safety on for the moment; he didn't need a repeat of what happened the last time he had it off around a priestess.

Havor'e asked about the 37. "Honestly I've no clue, and I doubt the answer is in here. The building may be safe but all that waits for us here is a slow death for starvation. We should go out and find the answers, maybe kill the demon and end this curse. It's our only chance. Whenever you're ready, let me know." He leaned on the wall and pulled the brim of his hat down slightly.

I swear if Malgun somehow ends up accidentally killing the Sister and Sareesa over this sidequest I'm going full-blown cackling Chaotic Evil with him, because that would be what the dice have apparently decided for him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 11, 2011, 04:32:15 am »

At the risk of giving away all the hidden rolls this turn, and there were a lot.  Sareesa got a 1 on the challenge of stabilizing the island.  The backlash on the failure was a six, also known as "NO NOT THE BEES, NOT THE BEES!  MY EYES!  MY EYES!  AUGGHHH!  AUUGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!" painful.  Then she failed the contested challenge against the demon lord to produce any kind of effect in the Dark World at all.  Thankfully there was no backlash for that, otherwise I'd actually have to start keeping track of her health, mana, demonic corruption levels, and other sorts of stats.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:48:40 am by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 11, 2011, 04:52:23 am »

Oh, they are unlit

For a start, gently ignite all the candles, starting from the centre-most group and working out
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 11, 2011, 11:24:49 am »

Okay... This is quite bad. Draw power from the crystal to stabilise the island, and then run for cover from the waves.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:30 pm »

Frelock hears Dor'lek's voice in his mind and pulls out the stone.  "Dor'lek, I'm kinda busy at the moment.  Island falling down and airships about to explode and all that."  Wait a second, the airships...of course!  "Wait, do you think you can get a message out to the airship captains with the same trick as you used on this stone?  Tell them someone planted explosives in their airships, and to find them and toss them overboard."

Pointing at the marshall's airship, Frelock says to the troll, "Follow that airship, don't let them get away!  They're the ones responsible for all this."  Then he goes down into the hold to search for any explosives.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:45 am »

"Wait, do you think you can get a message out to the airship captains with the same trick as you used on this stone?"

Errmm, I think the enchantment is only able to be used between the two objects... Not sure though. GM?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 12, 2011, 02:39:49 am »

I'm going to go with no because you are in a demon realm right now that is adding difficulty to any enchantments, esp those trying to reach the outside.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 12, 2011, 03:24:54 am »

Speaking to Frelock: "No, I don't think I could do that in mah current situation... Perhaps ya could throw tha stone on the ship and give me tha name of that captain instead? It'd be worth tha shot if you're in range."

He turns to his comrades and replies to Malgun. "Yes, I think it'd be a good idea to exchange pleasantries with dis demon." He helps Havor'e with the lighting of the candles before deciding to join Malgun.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:20 pm »

Looking at the distant airships, then down at the pebble in his hands, Frelock shakes his head.  Chanting quietly to himself, he says, "The serenity to accept what I cannot change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."  He then dashes into the hold to search for the explosives.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 142: Well, lighting all the candles doesn't work.
« Reply #1634 on: October 16, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »

Quote from: Zako
Tell the troll to take us away from the chapel right away, and reload my gun while in transit. Keep an eye on the Marshall.

[4]  You reload your gun as Frelock tells the Troll where to go.  Looking towards the Marshall you see there are six people on the deck, all of them look pretty deadly.  You instantly regret this decision as you see a member of your rival "family" on the deck of the ship.

Quote from: Frelock
Pointing at the marshall's airship, Frelock says to the troll, "Follow that airship, don't let them get away!  They're the ones responsible for all this."  Then he goes down into the hold to search for any explosives.

[6] You direct the Troll to follow the airship.  You look around for explosives, but clearly this ship wasn't a target, the tiny hold carries nothing more than a table, chair, and what you're guess was the Troll's lunch.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun sighed and pressed his fingertips against his forehead, rubbing it slightly. Goddamnit. He turned around and looked at the other three. "Sareesa is... busy. I spoke to her but she's having a lot of trouble right now; if I had to guess I'd say some kind of spell is taking up all of her concentration. Anyway, God helps those who help themselves, or so I've heard, and if we're going to get out of here we're going to have to do it on our own." He checked his ammo count, but kept the safety on for the moment; he didn't need a repeat of what happened the last time he had it off around a priestess.

Havor'e asked about the 37. "Honestly I've no clue, and I doubt the answer is in here. The building may be safe but all that waits for us here is a slow death for starvation. We should go out and find the answers, maybe kill the demon and end this curse. It's our only chance. Whenever you're ready, let me know." He leaned on the wall and pulled the brim of his hat down slightly.

[auto-success]  You wait around very successfully, providing your limited knowledge on the subject.

Quote from: wolfchild
For a start, gently ignite all the candles, starting from the centre-most group and working out

[4]  You begin to ignite all the candles but sometime in the middle of it they all exhaust themselves and a couple "minor" demons show up to investigate the light they saw.

Quote from: Ochita
Okay... This is quite bad. Draw power from the crystal to stabilise the island, and then run for cover from the waves.

[3] Through the stone you can see the enchantments Sareesa originally put in place.  They are completely frayed now and the island is rapidly falling.  It's too late to save the island but you manage to somehow slow the descent by repairing some of the enchantments.  That should save anybody left on the island, hopefully.  [4]  Seeing the waves, you get out of the area.  As you run you can hear some of the waves blasting through buildings.  You chance a look back and see another wave incoming, this one even bigger than the last.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Speaking to Frelock: "No, I don't think I could do that in mah current situation... Perhaps ya could throw tha stone on the ship and give me tha name of that captain instead? It'd be worth tha shot if you're in range."

He turns to his comrades and replies to Malgun. "Yes, I think it'd be a good idea to exchange pleasantries with dis demon." He helps Havor'e with the lighting of the candles before deciding to join Malgun.

[3] You helped with the igniting, but now it appears you are in for a fight. 

Enemy Turns

Blade-Hand Demon:  [2]  The blade-hand attempts to get in range to attack but the Spine Demon is blocking it's way.  Get out o' the way!

Spine Demon:  [6] The spine demon shoots some spines at Malgun but Malgun manages to roll out of the way. He tries to shoot but the damn safety is on!

Enemy Status

Blade-Hand Demon: 
Health:  25

Spine Demon:
Health:  20

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)