Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93978 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 136: Trolololol
« Reply #1560 on: September 26, 2011, 02:54:19 am »

Malgun shouldered his rifle and took his hat off just long enough to run a hand nervously through his hair before putting it right back on. "Right. We're still in an odd place." He decided to query the trolls; maybe they had seen something while he was keeping his focus on the demons. "Any ideas which way we should go?" he asked the pair.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 26, 2011, 03:05:48 am »

I am afraid I do not have a clue
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 26, 2011, 12:08:52 pm »

"Mhm. And what exactly, do we have to discuss?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 26, 2011, 12:50:15 pm »

Dor'lek points a finger at the trail of blood, and then to the chapel. "Maybe that will lead us to the bottom of this mess..."

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 26, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »

Malgun looked at the trail of blood. "Right, good point. I'll take the vanguard position." He drew his rifle again - prompting him to wonder why he had put it up in the first place. Probably his tendency to be absent-minded - and began following the trail.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 26, 2011, 05:49:29 pm »

Havor'e absently followed, finishing her enchantment
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 27, 2011, 01:38:45 am »

Quote from: Zako
"I'm not going to reason with you, despite you forgetting that not everyone is a qualified doctor and has time to bandage wounds in the middle of battle. I'm also not going to demand proper respect that a customer deserves from a shopkeeper.

I shall take my flawless emeralds elsewhere, perhaps to one of your competitors? I hope you rot in a hole."

Leave and head back to Frelock to claim that reward.

[6]  She remains unmoved by your words.  Then you remember, there is only one specialty potion shop in town, and just pissed at least one of the people there off.  Damn.  You get back to the bar and see Frelock looking concerned.  "What's wrong, the job is done now right?  Time now for a celebratory drink, no?"

Quote from: Frelock
Also collect the reward, split with Zack, then go off looking for Ochita.

[6]  You go in and collect your reward, a single gold coin which will cover your fare out of town.  You can't really split it with Zack unfortunately since it's just one coin, but you give him one of the two left over from the bag of cash that fixed up your eyes.  You figure he's earned just as much of the reward as you did.

[3]  You start to look for Ochita, but with nothing to go on it's really just a shot in the dark.  You mill around outside for a bit when you ultimately decide to head towards the Chapel on the Floating Island.  Even if he's not there, you might be able to find somebody there who can tell you about why the Trolls and Humans might be quarreling.

Quote from: wolfchild
Work on the mana-storing enchantment some more

I am afraid I do not have a clue

Havor'e absently followed, finishing her enchantment

[2+3 of 10]  Unfortunately your movements distract you from the enchantment and you make absolutely no progress.

Quote from: Malgun
Malgun shouldered his rifle and took his hat off just long enough to run a hand nervously through his hair before putting it right back on. "Right. We're still in an odd place." He decided to query the trolls; maybe they had seen something while he was keeping his focus on the demons. "Any ideas which way we should go?" he asked the pair.

Malgun looked at the trail of blood. "Right, good point. I'll take the vanguard position." He drew his rifle again - prompting him to wonder why he had put it up in the first place. Probably his tendency to be absent-minded - and began following the trail.

You lead the group forward.  Following the blood trail it gets fresher and more red as you get closer to the Chapel.  You head up to the entrance where it looks like a pool of blood has seeped under.  You try to open the door but to no avail.  "It's no good, it's locked, we can try to burst it down or maybe one of you can magic it open?"  Taking a closer look you also see some Graffiti scratched into the wooden doors of the chapel.

Hold Fast, Thirty-Seven brave knights will come when the candles are lit, Hold Fast.  Strange.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek points a finger at the trail of blood, and then to the chapel. "Maybe that will lead us to the bottom of this mess..."

You follow behind and look at the door and graffiti as well.  Hmmmm, didn't that warrior from earlier say he was "Thirty-Seven" or something.  You can't remember for sure at the moment, you have a feeling he'd be useful to have around but also that trying to get him here would only make your lives more difficult.

Quote from: Ochita
"Mhm. And what exactly, do we have to discuss?"

[auto-success]  "The book you are carrying with you.  It was supposed to remain hidden.  Even those goblins couldn't find it when it was right under their nose.  I want it back so I can place it in a secure location, to keep the knowledge contained within from spreading.  In return, I will modify the Crystal you carry to provide certain. . . benefits.  Deal?"

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 137: The Bargain
« Reply #1567 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:53 am »

The technologist put his head to the side and thought about the graffiti. The punctuation and capitalization are both... off. Is it a code? The capital letters spell nothing and the lower-case spell out a fairly clear message. Should we light the candles to summon thirty seven brave knights? Or was this a message to someone calling themselves Thirty-Seven to wait here for help to arrive? Does it mean we need thirty seven people here? Malgun shook his head. "We could look for another entrance. Maybe there's a cellar we can access through outside doors, or perhaps a window is shattered." He turned to the trolls and shrugged, waiting to hear their opinions. Maybe their thoughts would provide him with the correct insight.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:05 am »

Very well.  Plot hook accepted.

Investigate cause of strife between trolls and humans.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 27, 2011, 05:26:49 am »

Havor'e looks near the chapel for anything that could be even in the vaguest sense, a candle

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 27, 2011, 05:37:57 am »

Oh BULLSHIT. I have no luck right now, do I? *sigh*

Zack looks at the single gold coin that Frelock got him. All of this trouble, for one damn coin. Oh well...

Zack decides to head to the market to look for a adventuring supplies store of some kind. If he finds stores that sell the following items, he buys them with the emeralds:

A coil of strong rope, at least 30 feet long
3 grappling hooks
A whetstone
A sewing kit
Flint and tinder

If he has spare change from the emeralds, he buys another coil of rope.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 27, 2011, 01:43:29 pm »

Oh BULLSHIT. I have no luck right now, do I? *sigh*

Zack looks at the single gold coin that Frelock got him. All of this trouble, for one damn coin. Oh well...

Zack decides to head to the market to look for a adventuring supplies store of some kind. If he finds stores that sell the following items, he buys them with the emeralds:

3 grappling hooks
A whetstone
A sewing kit
Flint and tinder

Technically one gold is a lot of money, and it's going to cost 1g a pop to get out of the city.  This is a gold farming city for you guys, lots of cash to be made.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 27, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »

"Hm.. Before I sign onto something, I must know, what will you do with the crystal?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 27, 2011, 09:37:19 pm »

Dor'lek scratches his head. "Let's look for another way in."
Go to the Market if that doesn't work.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 138: Twenty-Four little candles and a Sister.
« Reply #1574 on: October 03, 2011, 01:12:27 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
The technologist put his head to the side and thought about the graffiti. The punctuation and capitalization are both... off. Is it a code? The capital letters spell nothing and the lower-case spell out a fairly clear message. Should we light the candles to summon thirty seven brave knights? Or was this a message to someone calling themselves Thirty-Seven to wait here for help to arrive? Does it mean we need thirty seven people here? Malgun shook his head. "We could look for another entrance. Maybe there's a cellar we can access through outside doors, or perhaps a window is shattered." He turned to the trolls and shrugged, waiting to hear their opinions. Maybe their thoughts would provide him with the correct insight.

[1]  You spend much time thinking over the message of the graffiti, but it provides no further insights.  Perhaps your time would have been better spent assisting the Trolls?

Quote from: Frelock
Investigate cause of strife between trolls and humans.

[4] You head up to the Chapel.  At this late hour there are very few people about.  Most of the priests and priestesses are sleeping for the night and any sailors aboard the airships are either sleeping in their cots or are out passed out in a bar.  You enter the chapel silently where you see a dark figure wrapped in a long cloak.  His face is covered in shadow and you can see nothing.  You silently and quickly slip in behind one of the benches.  You move to the side where there is almost no light.  You dart over to a statue of Saressa that also acts as a supporting pillar.  You can easily hear the conversation taking place in front of you.

"What do you mean the men you sent failed.  You know this goes far beyond just stirring unrest as a cover, we need the Trolls, humans, and As'ci'til at each others throats.  Tell me the men sent to plant explosives in the airships succeeded at least.  Great, just a few more minutes and we'll come out of this with an opportunity to break this city, forever."

Quote from: Zako

3 grappling hooks
A whetstone
A sewing kit
Flint and tinder

[1]  You wander around aimlessly, but most of the stores are closed, besides the ones that make their business off the down on their luck or offer extremely shady services.  Eventually you end up at the port looking up at the Floating Island.  "How the hell did she get that to stay up for so long anyhow, and why?"  You wonder aloud.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek scratches his head. "Let's look for another way in."
Go to the Market if that doesn't work.

[5]  You find an alternative way in.  Out back there is a small service entrance that appears to lead to and from a small house provided for the clergy and the Sisters.  The door is wide open.  You, Havor'e, and Malgun step inside.  You see a some movement near the altar.  It looks like somebody survived.  You can hear heavy breathing like they just got done running a marathon.

((A Sister/Brother of Sareesa basically functions as a priest, with a focus on blessing and/or healing.  This will eventually being a sub-class under Priest))

Quote from: wolfchild
Havor'e looks near the chapel for anything that could be even in the vaguest sense, a candle

[3]  There are candles on all the window ledges, as well as on the altar.  There would appear to, in total be, twenty-five groupings of candles.

Quote from: Ochita
"Hm.. Before I sign onto something, I must know, what will you do with the crystal?

"After I modify it, nothing at all.  You can continue collecting the crystals if that is your goal, as they can cause no harm to this world as long as the knowledge within that book is hidden away, safely out of sight from everyone."  You use your eye to see if he's lying, but as strange as it is, he's actually telling the truth.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 116