Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93990 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 131: The Demons Come
« Reply #1515 on: September 01, 2011, 03:08:29 pm »

Frelock sighs as he gives himself another dose of healing magic.  I am not unreasonable.  Your greed is shameful, but forgivable.  If you had no greater part or knowledge than so be it.  But your employer; you said 'he,' so it was a man then?  What did he look like?  He listens to the man's description.  Very well, you're free to go.  But should this character approach you with a job again, come tell me about it before you do something stupid that could cost you your life.  Frelock Stormrider, Knight of the Zealots.  If you cannot find me, send a message to Representative LeBlanc; she will see that I get it.  You meddle in games far beyond your ken; I suggest you keep your involvement to a minimum.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 01, 2011, 03:58:21 pm »

Malgun swallowed, but kept his sword steady. He had to conquer his nerves; he had Sareesa's blessing and confidence in his ability to slay demons, and he damn sure did not want to die just yet. "And you are?" he questioned the woman, unsure which to watch and continually flicking his gaze from her to the more obvious threat. If it attacked, he would try to counter it, but he wasn't going to take any aggressive actions towards it unless his hand was forced.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 01, 2011, 04:16:47 pm »

Havor'e Pretended to be more exhausted than she was, and if any aggressive actions were made, the bad guys were getting a holy light spell to the eyes

aww I was hoping you had leaned warmth coughdrop, oh well
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 03, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »

Yo dawgs, I heard you like updates so I posted an update so you can post while you update anytime.  Only one with an excuse for not posting is Zako because I haven't sent him his loot yet.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 03, 2011, 03:29:53 pm »

Ah.

Sorry..

Well, give a quick check for anything else, and then consider the possibility of a blood bridge spell, where I give hp to another person, sacrificing my own.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 03, 2011, 05:17:24 pm »

Seeing Malgun being in the most immediate danger, Dor'lek casts a shield spell upon him before readying a Just Retribution for that demon.
"I've finally found you!"
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:41 am »

Thanks for the message!

Zack mulled over the objects, turning them over in his hands. A bag of gold from an independant city, Velnex it was called, he recognised the crest, illegal ammunitions and a coded letter. That letter worried him the most, was his past coming back to catch him? Still, best to think in the present, getting that knightly looking guy's eyes fixed up was a priority.

Zack walked over, pressing the bag of gold into Frelock's hands while keeping a single coin.

"Here, I found these on them. Hopefully it will be enough to buy a potion to fix your eyes. I'll try to take you to the right place as soon as possible, but first, a more pressing matter."

He turned, showing both ochita and the oaf the coin in his hand, held up between two fingers.

"You know what this is? This is gold from an independant city called Velnex. Combined with the illegal ammo they were using, these guys seem to be out of town."

Zack bent down, face close to that of the oaf's, coin up close to the eyes of the oaf, turning it around to show both sides.

"Look closely. Did the gold you were offered have this crest on it? Answer me this and you can go."

After recieving the oaf's answer and releasing him, he stood and rubbed the bridge of his nose in thought. Without looking, he passed a cylinder revolver caster to ochita.

"Here. No ammo for it I'm afraid, it's all illegal. Also, have a look at this. It was on them, but it seems to be in code."

Give the bag of gold to Frelock and a revolver caster to Ochita. Show the oaf a single coin from the bag and ask if he was being offered such coins as payment for the job. Also, try to remember as much as possible about Velnex. And don't forget to show ochita the letter to see if either of us can translate it!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:04:24 am by Zako »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 04, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »

Quote from: Frelock
Frelock sighs as he gives himself another dose of healing magic.  I am not unreasonable.  Your greed is shameful, but forgivable.  If you had no greater part or knowledge than so be it.  But your employer; you said 'he,' so it was a man then?  What did he look like?  He listens to the man's description.  Very well, you're free to go.  But should this character approach you with a job again, come tell me about it before you do something stupid that could cost you your life.  Frelock Stormrider, Knight of the Zealots.  If you cannot find me, send a message to Representative LeBlanc; she will see that I get it.  You meddle in games far beyond your ken; I suggest you keep your involvement to a minimum.

[5] [(3-1)x2=4 health restored] With another does of magical healing the intense pain starts to subside as your skin begins to grow back, protecting your nerves from the harsh outside.  [4] You tell the oaf he's free to go, but only if he gets in touch with you if something happens, he quickly leaves your presence.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun swallowed, but kept his sword steady. He had to conquer his nerves; he had Sareesa's blessing and confidence in his ability to slay demons, and he damn sure did not want to die just yet. "And you are?" he questioned the woman, unsure which to watch and continually flicking his gaze from her to the more obvious threat. If it attacked, he would try to counter it, but he wasn't going to take any aggressive actions towards it unless his hand was forced.

[6]  "Oooooh, you are a brave one aren't you?"  Suddenly you feel yourself filled with confidence deep from within you and you hear a small voice say "Be strong."  "You are trapped like a rodent.  Now, you will feel despair!"  The woman casts something at you but the spell has no effect on you at all.  "Be strong."

Quote from: wolfchild
Havor'e Pretended to be more exhausted than she was, and if any aggressive actions were made, the bad guys were getting a holy light spell to the eyes

[5] You prepare to cast the Holy Light.  The second the demonic woman unleashes her spell you unleash yours as well.  It strikes true, blinding both demons for the next 3 turns.

Quote from: Ochita
Well, give a quick check for anything else, and then consider the possibility of a blood bridge spell, where I give hp to another person, sacrificing my own.

[3]  You look around the area for interesting things.  You don't find anything too important, but you notice that the corpses of the gunmen are already starting to. . . lose form?  It looks like they're turning into mud.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Seeing Malgun being in the most immediate danger, Dor'lek casts a shield spell upon him before readying a Just Retribution for that demon.
"I've finally found you!"

[4] You quickly protect Malgun from the incoming blow, but it looks like you didn't need to, for whatever reason it bounces off of him harmlessly.

Quote from: Zako
Give the bag of gold to Frelock and a revolver caster to Ochita. Show the oaf a single coin from the bag and ask if he was being offered such coins as payment for the job. Also, try to remember as much as possible about Velnex. And don't forget to show Ochita the letter to see if either of us can translate it!

[6] You press the bag into Frelock's hands and tell him what it is and make sure he hangs onto it.  [3] You show the oaf a coin and he doesn't remember whether it was coins from Velnex or not and then he scampers off into the night, to be remembered by nobody.  [6] You know Velnex is a large trading port that gets business from both the As'ci'til and the Zealots, who have suffered from strained relations for a long time.

[auto-fail]  With out the cipher, the letter is absolutely worthless, nothing but a stream of symbols.

Enemy Turns

Blade Hand: [1] The Blade Hand turns his back on everyone striking at an invisible enemy behind him, so incompetent.

Demonic Woman:  [2] The demonic Woman blinded and with no defense sits in the air like a lump.

Enemy Status

Blade-Hand:
Health:  25

Demonic Woman
Health:  15
Mana:  17

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 132: Be Strong
« Reply #1523 on: September 04, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

Malgun renewed his grip on the sword. Between Havor'e's spell and what he was sure was Sareesa's protection, he had been given an opportunity. He wasn't going to waste it. "Dor'lek, Havor'e, focus on her! I'll take the one on the ground!" he said, charging at the claw-handed demon. I have to take this monster down before it recovers from her spell... I just have to hope I can do it in time! He finished his charge with a swing at the monster's left arm, hoping to injure or possibly even disable one of its limbs before it could attack him back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 04, 2011, 07:29:47 pm »

Remember this, and go to frelock, do something like a blood bridge spell. Like a reverse drain life.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 04, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

Just Retribution for that vile woman!
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 04, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

And a stone strike for the woman too
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 04, 2011, 11:29:40 pm »

"Ok buddy, you hang onto my shoulder, I'll get you to a priest or something. Any ideas who would have an organ restoration potion for sale by the way? Might be good to know. Ochita, you stay here and guard the trolls. We will be back as soon as possible!"

Grab frelock by the arm and lead him to a potion seller or priest, whatever has a organ restoring potion for sale.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 05, 2011, 09:53:40 pm »

"Thanks, friend.  I think I might know a zealot priest who owes me a favor in Abelcroft.  Of course, he'll be wanting to be paid; restorations aren't cheap.  Still, I doubt there will be too many merchants open at this time of night."

Follow Zack, attempting to get somebody to fix up my eyes.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 133: Cursed
« Reply #1529 on: September 10, 2011, 04:12:44 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun renewed his grip on the sword. Between Havor'e's spell and what he was sure was Sareesa's protection, he had been given an opportunity. He wasn't going to waste it. "Dor'lek, Havor'e, focus on her! I'll take the one on the ground!" he said, charging at the claw-handed demon. I have to take this monster down before it recovers from her spell... I just have to hope I can do it in time! He finished his charge with a swing at the monster's left arm, hoping to injure or possibly even disable one of its limbs before it could attack him back.

[5] [(5+1+1)x2=14 damage]  You run straight towards the demon your sword held behind you as you slice the arm off of the Demon-Hand.  It's black blood begins spraying everywhere.  [Luck Roll: 1] Some of it even gets in your eyes, blinding you at a critical moment, you hear the voice in your head again. 

"Do you remember that time we were trapped in the darkness.  I've been thinking about that a lot lately.  You remember the doppelganger we killed when we finally got out?  You don't imagine that it could be the same do you?  Normally I wouldn't think about it, but the way it could hide it's power and read my own, very reminiscent of a doppelganger, but many times more powerful.  You don't suppose somehow the touch of divine magic could have given it power somehow do you?"

*silence*

"You know, this life, it's more of a curse.  We take the burden of shielding others from the horrors beyond, but when was the last time both of us knew peace, together?  Smooth talker, aren't you?  There's always something that needs done though, and it is always up to us.  We must always shelter the weak."

Quote from: Ochita
Remember this, and go to frelock, do something like a blood bridge spell. Like a reverse drain life.

[2]  You're pretty sure that would be twisting the very nature of Demonic magic to a far-darker side than most travel. . .  so you try to do it anyhow.  Like a bause.  [(5+3) = 8 out of25]  You fail miserably at your attempt and only corrupt the ground beneath your feet.  Oh look it's growing veins and starting to spread.  How interesting!

Quote from: CoughDrop
Just Retribution for that vile woman!

[5] [(2+6)x2=16 damage]  You slam your staff into the ground in front of you, and gather energy through the staff.  Soon a ball of pure divinity is between your hands.  With a single mighty thrust, you throw the divinity into the demonic woman smiting her instantly, her lifeless corpse falling off the broom and hitting the ground.  You pick your staff back up throwing it into the air a bit and then catching it and returning it to your side "Oh yeah!"  You can't help but yell mostly to yourself.

Quote from: wolfchild
And a stone strike for the woman too

[auto-fail]  You decide that's pretty unnecessary right now, seeing as how she's already dead.

Grab frelock by the arm and lead him to a potion seller or priest, whatever has a organ restoring potion for sale.

[5]  Even though it's getting pretty late, you're pretty sure you can help your new friend out.  Heading over to the market district, you find a pretty seedy looking shop and walk Frelock in.  Personally you're just glad it's open still.  A bored human woman, no more of a girl really is standing in front of the counter.  She doesn't even make eye contact with you and just continues reading her book.  Guess you can't blame the chemist for wanting a break?

Follow Zack, attempting to get somebody to fix up my eyes.

[6]  You successfully follow Zack, but you're not really sure where you are right now, you're pretty much depending on him for everything right now.  "What's going on?"

Enemy Turns

Blade-Hand:  [1]  All the blade-hand manages to do is slash around ineffectually at the air and scream.

Enemy Status

Blade-Hand:
Health:  11

Demonic Woman *dead*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 116