Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93972 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 11: Squish
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2010, 06:23:33 pm »

The talisman wasn't missing.  The staff wasn't there somehow though, it's all good now though.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:39:43 pm by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 12: Skeltons too?
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2010, 04:30:51 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Hide the crystal in my clothes and then take out both pistols and headshot one of the necromancers.

[6]  You take the crystal and somehow wedge it in your pants pocket, and while unseemly, it will work well enough for the moment.  [auto-critical-hit]  Taking out your pistol you stick it to the head of one of the Goblin Necromancers and pull the trigger [(1+2)x2 = 6 damage]  He falls over, never knowing what hit him. 

Quote from: Frelock
Get up, slice and dice the necromancer that was successful this turn, then righteous fury same necromancer if alive, or other necromancer if dead

[1]  You attempt to get up but dead goblins are just so comfortable... you feel like taking a nap...[5] You decide battle is not the time or place for napping on dead goblins and get up and turn to face the Necromancer.  You don't have time to actually get over him but you decide to Righteous Fury him.  [6]  You charge up and release the divine powers towards him, but the goblin deftly gets out of the way.  [+1 to Goblin Necromancer A's next attack]

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I'll shoot zombie two in the head; it seems like an easy target, standing around like that.

[4] [4+2+1 = 7 damage]  You take aim at the Second Mob of Goblins with your rifle and shoot through them.  You see about 3 of the 10 drop, [4, luck roll]  However the rest have all decided to rush for you now.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Continue following the hunter with haste.

[6]  You decide to stick up for Havor'e and Havor'e has no joined the Demon Hunter's Party.  You speed up and manage to keep pace with the Demon Hunter.  You arrive at an unassuming looking house, probably about 600 feet2 (about 56 meters2)  You look to the Demon Hunter as he looks around for Khan.  Figures, lazy mages with their heads up in the clouds.  [4, observation roll]  You look back to the house, specifically the windows, nobody seems to be looking out through them so you should at least still have surprise on your side.  Inside you see nothing that looks out of the normal, all of their activities must take place underground as the Demon Hunter theorized.

Quote from: Kilakan
While we are walking design a variety of the earth skin spell that causes a small block of stone to appear in-front of the caster's hand (much like a book sized shield), and enchant it into the staff, so the staff can summon the block to stop arrows/spells/bullets/swords ect.  Unless this would suffer a penality to being enchanted while moving in which case:

Discuss tactics with the hunter and attempt to devise a feasible plan of attack.

[3]  You think about what kind of enchantments you would like to add to your newly acquired staff.  ((Enchantments don't have to be based off of any spell you know, nor does basing it off of any spell you know cause any bonus to be added unless you enchanting something to passively always have that spell active on the holder.))  You would like to create an enchantment to stop projectiles of any kind, however you think it's a bit beyond your current abilities (DC of 15)  While thinking about the enchantments you accidentally fell behind the Demon Hunter.  [2]  You've lost sight of him and can't seem to find him again.  Shoot, this isn't going to end well.  [5]  Suddenly you feel a hand on your shoulder dragging you with him.  Looking at it you recognize it as the Demon Hunter, he does not look amused.

Quote from: wolfchild AI
Follow Demon Hunter

[5]  You successfully follow the Demon Hunter and arrive at the location.  He appears to be looking for Khan who got himself lost somehow.

Enemy Turns

Goblin Shaman:  *dead*

Goblin Necromancer A:  [5]  The Goblin glows with a menacing purple glow as he puts his hand to the cave floor.  Several skeletal hands begin to form all around the room.  It total it looks like 10 skeletons were summoned, each with one health. 

Goblin Necromancer B:  *dead*

Goblin Zombie Mob A:  [4-1]  picking up speed the Zombie Mob surrounds Frelock and begins tearing at his armor and biting him.  [2 (miss)] [3 (light hit)] [3 (light hit)] [(5-3)/2 = 1 damage] [(2-3)/2 = no damage]  While one zombie manages to scratch your face the rest claw and bite uselessly against your armor.

Goblin Zombie Mob B:  [2-1]  The Zombies slowly shuffle towards Malgun.  Silly slow Zombies.

Enemy Status:

Goblin Shaman:  *dead*

Goblin Necromancer A:
Health:  5
Mana:  2

Goblin Necromancer B:  *dead*

Goblin Zombie Mob A:
Health:  25

Goblin Zombie Mob B:
Health:  18

Goblin Skeletal Mob A:
Health:  10

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Havor'e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPC's
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 05:05:15 pm by V-Norrec »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2010, 04:37:04 pm »

hahaha thanks for the extra roll to get me back........ soo this is the place....
Cast Earth skin on myself, and get ready to enter the house.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:43 pm »

No problem, I usually go with a double roll if something is really going to fuck you up, like how I did for Frelock and his [1] for getting up off of the Goblin Shaman lol.  I figure if the dice hate you twice, then there is nothing I can do to prevent you from getting then rage of the dice.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2010, 04:59:56 pm »

Much appreciated.  By the way, though I'm grateful for the mistake, I should be down another mana and another health, unless you re-gen both in combat.

Goblin Necromancer, meet the longsword in your gut.  Also meet righteous fury in your face.  Shout to intimidate zombie mob B into attacking me instead of serious
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2010, 05:04:34 pm »

ahhh, health yes, mana I have you set to regen 1 every two turns so that is correct.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2010, 05:08:25 pm »

The zombies are moving slow enough that I have time to get off at least one more shot, so I work the lever action to load in a new bullet, take aim at the leading zombie, and shoot it. If they get too close, I'll fall back and start trying to set up my trap-box.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2010, 05:43:50 pm »

Your trap box is already set up with trip-wires attached by the door way, I'm assuming you're firing from the door way so all you have to do is get out of the way of the spikes.  Or would you like to move the Trap-box elsewhere?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »

I'm always making these kinds of mistakes. At least I have an excuse this time... I sliced my hand open earlier today (luckily more pain than actual bleeding and injury) and so I wasn't thinking clearly. *shakes head* Anyway, yeah, just sidestep left.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2010, 07:01:51 pm »

Did I eat those berries that I picked? I mean with legendary throwing I could totally kill some stuff with those.  ;)

Scout the house from a distance and suggest splitting in teams to cover how many entrances there are so that we might be able to flank any enemies that may be inside. Also be weary of traps.

Edit: Also, do combat rounds last the universal 6 seconds?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:04:24 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2010, 07:06:19 pm »

huh just noticed I'm the squishiest one here.... gonna have to fix that with heavy enchanting :D
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2010, 07:09:23 pm »

I haven't set any specific time, six seconds seems too short to me though, it's long enough for 1 action, one spell and one attack, so... however long that takes you?

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2010, 12:48:01 am »

While the others distract the mobs I will try to take out the final necromancer
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 02:22:24 am by Flintus10 »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2010, 01:26:47 am »

While the others distract the mobs I will try to take out the final necromancer
Not that I control you or anything, but you may want to add a secondary target seeing as how Frelock is already going to try and take him out.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2010, 02:21:34 am »

Hmmm I assumed he was attacking the mob thanks for picking that up.

I will take out as many skeletons as possible before drawing my sword if they get to close
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 116