Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93938 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD: Sign-ups
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 03:46:52 pm »

Name: Khan
Race: Human
Bio (optional): Being an adapt at elemental magic from a young age, khan has burned off all his hair, and is rather skinny from long nights of studying, yet he has rippling muscles from his fathers training with the sword..
Description (optional): Bald, tall and skinny. He sticks out in a crowd for being only 18.
Skills:
1 weapon use (+1 more for human)
1 enchantment
1 fire elemental magic
Inventory: 
1 Mage's robes, gray yet warm wool.
3 Days worth of food and drink
1 Bedroll
1 Fire talisman (a ruby necklace, with a steel chain, it has been enchanted to focus and amplify fire based magics.)
Steel 2-handed longsword, with scabbard.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:40:31 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 04:35:25 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there buddy. you can choose between the robes or the Talisman, you can't start with both.

Anywho, space for one more then we'll start.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »

ok then, not the first time I've managed to burn all my clothes off in an RTD, guess I'm just HOT! (haha)
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 01:24:00 pm »

Name: Dor'lek
Race: Troll
Bio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skills:
Inventory:
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »

All right there's our sixth.  I'll be putting up status's and doing the turns shortly.  Just wanted to let you guys I know I didn't forget about this.  Turns will happen as often as possible, with at least one turn a day if 4 or more people post thier action.  4 turns inactive = instant death so we can let new people in / not be slowed down.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:50:35 pm by V-Norrec »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 05:51:01 pm »

not to be picky, but can I get some type of two-handed/claymore type sword, I hand an idea for it that just doesn't fit well with a bastard sword.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD: Turn 1: Mmmm, beer
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 09:01:08 pm »

For several years, the Zealots have attempted to regain the power they once had in the world.  Since Sareesa left this world in a blaze of glory closing the ancient portal to the Hells, the Zealots have often fallen prey to infighting, as there was no clear, strong, leadership among them.  Tomorrow however, is the day when that all changes.

Tomorrow, six people, all of them hired by the Zealots will set out on a journey to do the only thing that set this world back in order and stop the madness that is about to ensue.  They set out to bring Sareesa back from the Hells where she had voluntarily imprisoned herself and had fought the demonic tides ever since.

Of course, none of them knew that yet.  There was still a whole day before any of them even had the first hint that large changes were facing the world of Norrec.  In fact, right now, all of them were at a bar, very distrustful of each other and waiting for the Zealot representative to come meet with them, as they had all been summoned to this small town in the middle of The Broken Isles.  Tomorrow, the representative comes, but for now, the six future heroes must kill some time.

Choose your course of action.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:06:32 pm by V-Norrec »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 1: Mmmm, beer
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 09:19:44 pm »

Go outside and find both some scrap iron and a blacksmith's shop.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »

how do i choose my spells?

Finish my ale, then go looking for potionmaking ingredients
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 10:15:43 pm »

just make a list of the ones you want I'll add it in, you can only go as high in the tiers as you have skill levels (i.e. no Tier 3 spells if you are at +2)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »

yeah you see the problem there is if i'm making em up what are the tiers? but il get on it
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 10:24:06 pm »

I added a spell book, you shouldn't need to make up spells, if you have an idea just PM it to me, and I'll change what I think needs changed, if anything and place it in it's appropriate spot.  I just came up with some basic stuff for those who aren't inventive, though I have to say, I wish I could play Demon Hunter, those spells look like fun to me.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »

well i will look at the spellbook, but i have also made up a spell list, here it is if you are interested

1 Healing Spell
2 Devine Spells
6 Elemental Spells

Healing
- Cure Wounds (heals a touched target's wounds)

Divine
- Smite (Deals damage to undead and deamons)
- Shield of Light (Protects target as long as they do not perform any agressive acts)

Elemental
Air
- Lightning Bolt (Lightning Bolt from caster's fingertips)
Earth
- Stoneskin (Skin turns into protective stone)
Fire
- Warmth (Magical warmth regenerates the target's mana over time)
Water
- Poison (Converts water into poison, including water in living beings)
Air&water
- Ice Blast (Cold air and Water combine to Freeze a target)
Fire&Earth
- Transmute Earth to magma (Self Explanatory)

edit: Was origionaly going to be my spell list but i might just see where they land in teh spellbook and go from there, may also invent even more spells if you like
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:34:30 pm by wolfchild »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:10 pm »

Some of those are utterly over-powered for just starting out.  The ability to turn a person's blood into poison is basically instant death for the level we're starting out with, same as dunking them into magma.

Cure Wounds is basically in the Spell Book

Smite like spells I've moved to Divine Healing so even healer focused peeps can do damage on the tougher creatures.

Shield of Light is good for Divine Healing, I might add that in.

Lightning Bolt = an Air Elemental Bolt

Stoneskin = Earth Skin

Warmth, I like that one, I'll add that in probably with the exception that you can't cast it on yourself, Tier 3,

Ice Blast, hmmm, that'd be a good Tier 4 spell, just a little bit too powerful because I'd want it to do a bit too much damage as well as freeze them for a turn.

Over-all not too bad, I think you just misjudged how weak we're going to be starting out.  Don't worry you'll get your magma-dunking wahay in there by the end of this, if your character survives long enough of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 11:03:20 pm »

I didnt think they would all last, but i wanted some less straight forward spells, so i took some risks, looking at spellbook now to choose spells

Edit: Chosen spells
Healing Magic; 1 tier 1 spell
-Heal Wound

Divine Magic; 2 up to tier 2 spells
-Rightious Fury
-Holy Light

Elemental Magic 6 up to tier 3 spells
-Warmth
-Breath of fire
-Earth Skin
-Waterwalking
-Hydroblast
-Elemental Bolt
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:09:08 pm by wolfchild »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 116