Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94039 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 119: Ochita vs. the world
« Reply #1395 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:06 am »

Malgun nodded. "It sounds like it might be dangerous; you'll need backup." He had a rifle he was good with, a sword he kinda sorta knew how to use, and some technological skill in case it was needed; Dor'lek could handle the magical side of things. And Havor'e, if she wanted to come along as well. "How about it? Are you in?" he asked, turning to her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:59 am »

ok sure i will come
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 18, 2011, 07:14:47 am »

OK, I'll get it prepared then.  This is going to be fun.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 19, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »

It's not coming out like I want it too so this update will take a bit longer.  BTW, you win Ochita, you get a sweet artifact, do you have a preference for defense or offense.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 19, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »

Hm.. I will go for defense~
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 120: The Fel Fire Pauldron
« Reply #1400 on: July 20, 2011, 10:11:17 am »

Quote from: Zako
Ugh, those things are far too cute for their own good. Also, they will make nice slippers! Let's go hunt them down!

[-3 Sanity]  After a good hunt you nearly feel a tinge of guilt, nearly, but not quite.  Oh, and new slippers!

Quote from: Ochita
Consecrate, then turn it off after the damage is dealt.

[4]  The Consecration is just large enough to fit all the demons and stone constructs inside of it.  They burst into flames or crumble into pieces as appropriate all around you.

You feel yourself being returned to your body as the scene changes around you.  You see scenes from the next ten years of Doan's life before finally you recognize his final moments; the moment when the demons began to lose ground on Norrec.  It was the first time any mortal had beaten a demon and destroyed it's soul, preventing it from being reborn.  It was the age after Malthooth who had been the appointed demon lord to take this world for his own.  It was a blessing and a curse for now the demons have turned their full attention on Norrec, but if not for Doan’s actions the world would have been lost long ago anyhow.

Malthooth had recently arrived back in this world after years of failed attempts to reclaim Norrec.  After fighting through the demon-worshipping guards Doan and Kerrigan found they were too late to stop the demon’s reentry.  This time, Doan had no godly artifact to aid him however and the battle shaped up very differently as Doan had started to age, he was no longer the great champion he once was.  The demon Malthooth let loose a deep laugh as he knocked Kerrigan against the wall of the caverns they were fighting in, his true goal was not in Kerrigan, but in Doan, the mortal who had defeated him.

You made a blood contract with me mortal, now you will finish it.”  said Malthooth in a deep, dark voice that sounded almost as if stone was grinding against stone.  Within the cavern you could hear the demon echoing for almost a full minute after he had spoken.  “Your blood is mine; you will fulfill your service.”  Doan’s eyes began to glow with a demonic fury, red as though they had fire behind them. 

With all his remaining willpower, Doan imbued his blade with all the power he could muster for one strike.  With a scream of pure fury he charged Malthooth in what would be his last act of defiance.  Malthooth brought his great felsteel weapon to block the blow, but somehow, the simple steel blade of Doan cut through it and his blade struck through his leathery demonic skin and sunk straight into his heart.  The holy energies of the sword pulsed through the sword and began to corrupt the pure evil of Malthooth’s soul.  Silently, Malthooth used his remaining energy to blanket the cavern in fire.

Doan fell to the ground, most of his armor stripped away by the fel fire.  Kerrigan survived all of this unscathed as she was in the same alcove where the demon’s mighty blow had left her.  Doan only had a few seconds left in this world.  He started trying to say something, but he didn’t have the strength left to say anything.  His life was extinguished.

Finally the visions are gone entirely.  You find yourself back at the enterance, you are however wearing Steel Pauldron (Left-side only)  You recognize it as Doan's from the final fight.  It will protect you from any fel fire, hopefully you won't need it though.  (Doan's Fel Fire Pauldron, +2 Fire Reistance, +2 Demonic Resistance)

((As a side-note I never got into it but Doan was a King when he made a blood pact to serve Malthooth before ultimately betraying that pact.  After the initial destruction of the Demon he founded a military order that would eventually take over all of his old kingdom.  They were known as the Zealots and they united all the kingdoms of men into one force dedicated to fighting demons, for a time at least.  I hope that clears things up for everyone.))

Quote from: Frelock
Guard the Gardens Bar

[5]  You arrive back at the Gardens Bar where the Bartender greets you warmly.  “It be good to see yah man.  I been worried we might have to cancel, hopefully ‘da humans will be listenin’ to one of ‘dere own and will steer clear for tonight.  If not, well I guess dat’s what ya get paid to do, eh?”

Quote from: CoughDrop, SeriousConcentrate, and wolfchild
"We can work more efficiently as a team... Who wants to investigate the outskirts town with me?"

Malgun nodded. "It sounds like it might be dangerous; you'll need backup." He had a rifle he was good with, a sword he kinda sorta knew how to use, and some technological skill in case it was needed; Dor'lek could handle the magical side of things. And Havor'e, if she wanted to come along as well. "How about it? Are you in?" he asked, turning to her.

ok sure i will come

[3]  The three of you make it about halfway to the village when night falls.  Do you press on or make camp?

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Edit:  Does that look OK to you guys?  I think it turned out well.  I'm really trying to improve my writing/exposition skittles (skills).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:28:17 am by V-Norrec »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 20, 2011, 11:03:42 am »

Excellent.  Your writing is not excessively wordy, yet quite descriptive and clear.  The narrative style leave us wanting to find out "what happens next," and your conclusions are satisfying resolutions of the plot.

"Of course, sir; I shall do what I can to ensure your guests are not disturbed."  With that, Frelock begins his long night vigil at the main entrance to the bar.  He considers what needs to be done; he figures that there is a small possibility that the intruders would listen to reason.  It would be best to talk with them anyway to figure out if there might be some ulterior motive besides just pure specieism.  What if executioner LeStronge sent them?  Of course, that too was unlikely, but it never hurts to check.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:06 am »

At the risk of sounding lazy or sycophantic I'm going to have to support Frelock here. ^^;

"Hmm..." Malgun turned the problem over in his head. Was it more important to get there quickly or to make sure they were well-rested for when they arrived? He turned it over a few times before making a decision. "I think we should stop here for the night and take watches. We should be at our best before we get there; if we're tired we might miss something, or get ambushed. Anything could happen." He adjusted the strap of his rifle, moving slightly to make the hang more comfortable against his shoulder. "If you agree, I'll take first watch."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 20, 2011, 12:18:03 pm »

"I be takin' second watch, then."
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 20, 2011, 12:50:02 pm »

What frelock said, your writing makes the plot easy to follow, and yet it leaves room for us to learn more details, and that makes interesting.

Well, I guess I go back to the surface, and look for the others..
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 20, 2011, 06:50:31 pm »

it's probably repetative by now but you are doing a good job

Havor'e takes the remaining watch,  during which she attempts to create an alarm enchantment to use the next day
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »

Woops, I was asleep when this updated.

Lets have a meeting to show everyone just who is in charge around here. Lot's of booze and women and food all round, but make sure to press the point that I am not to be messed with.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 121: Terrible watchmen
« Reply #1407 on: July 22, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »

Quote from: Frelock
"Of course, sir; I shall do what I can to ensure your guests are not disturbed."  With that, Frelock begins his long night vigil at the main entrance to the bar.  He considers what needs to be done; he figures that there is a small possibility that the intruders would listen to reason.  It would be best to talk with them anyway to figure out if there might be some ulterior motive besides just pure specieism.  What if executioner LeStronge sent them?  Of course, that too was unlikely, but it never hurts to check.

[3]  You begin your long night.  The guests begin to stream in for the wedding.  It doesn't look like the humans are going to show up quite yet.  You lean your back against the building and think about what their possible motives might be.  It's a pointless exercise until you meet them, but you don't have anything else to do anyhow.  [2]  As you stand back thinking a group of five loutish humans approach.  As you move to block the entrance the "leader" says "Out of the way, this has nothing to do with you."

Quote from: Ochita
Well, I guess I go back to the surface, and look for the others..

[4]  You go up to the surface and you get a message to meet at the Gardens Bar.  You arrive and find Frelock surrounded by a group of loud and rude humans.  You're not sure what to make of it, but you're fairly certain they aren't friends of Frelocks.

Quote from: Zako
Lets have a meeting to show everyone just who is in charge around here. Lot's of booze and women and food all round, but make sure to press the point that I am not to be messed with.

[-5 Sanity]  You cast aside any remnants of your conscience, there is only you, what you want, and those who get in your way.  Years pass on and the debauchery will never end.  A whole year passes and let's just say the "turnover" rate was high in all quarters.  Eventually there is barely anyone left in the entire tower and whoever is scurries out of your way quickly until one day a single person stands in your way.  "This is for the best." he says as he takes out a single black pearl and throws it at you.  Suddenly your entire brain seems blank.  You remember nothing.

As you wake up from the visions you get a message to meet up at the Garden's Bar.  You also find yourself holding a pocket flask that. . . never runs out of booze?  Well at least you don't have to worry about dying of thirst no matter where you end up.  You also have a single black pearl.  Strange gifts, maybe they'll prove useful in future endeavors.

((Inventory:  Pearl of Forgetfulness(one use), Flask of the Satyr(never empty)))

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Hmm..." Malgun turned the problem over in his head. Was it more important to get there quickly or to make sure they were well-rested for when they arrived? He turned it over a few times before making a decision. "I think we should stop here for the night and take watches. We should be at our best before we get there; if we're tired we might miss something, or get ambushed. Anything could happen." He adjusted the strap of his rifle, moving slightly to make the hang more comfortable against his shoulder. "If you agree, I'll take first watch."

[1]  You're a terrible first watch, you sleep the entire time.  Nothing really happened though so it's not a huge loss.

Quote from: CoughDrop
"I be takin' second watch, then."

[2]  You are also terrible at keeping watch as you fall asleep just after you wake up for it.  Once again nothing really happens though so it doesn't really matter.

Quote from: wolfchild
Havor'e takes the remaining watch,  during which she attempts to create an alarm enchantment to use the next day

[1]  You never even wake up for your watch, but it doesn't really matter because nothing happens, yet again.

((No joke it went [1] [4] [2] [5] [1] [4]  I had events planned for 1-3 and 6 but you avoided all of them lol))

Enemy Status

Oaf 1-5:
Health:  5

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Yeah, Zahn is basically just a huge asshole.  If you're wondering anymore about him just ask your self the question "What would a murderous douchebag do?" and you have the answer more or less.  Yey for 2D characters.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 121: Terrible watchmen
« Reply #1408 on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »

Spread my demonic fear spell out, so I only use 1Mp for each oaf, and it just scares them. If I cannot do that, get up behind them, and be intimidating.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 121: Terrible watchmen
« Reply #1409 on: July 22, 2011, 05:31:08 pm »

Wake up and head onwards to the town.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 116