Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94048 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 117.5: Zealot Organizational Structure
« Reply #1365 on: July 11, 2011, 07:55:53 pm »

Zealot Military Order

Regular Forces:  The Zealots have a larger-than-average-sized military presence as they try to protect the villages in their lands from the ever more prevalent rampaging demon hordes.  They are equipped to a high standard in gear specializing in protecting from, and destroying, demonic threats.  Ranks:  Pilgrim, Crusader, Knight, Templar, Guardian

Leadership:  The leadership positions in the Zealots are reserved for Regular Forces who have proven tactical aptitude in battle.  Ranks:  Captain, Marshall, Grand Marshall, General, Grand General of the Southern Armies.

Intelligence:  The Zealots use a variety of techniques to gain intelligence throughout the world including but not limited to spells searching for specific demons across the world, viewing distant locations through magic, and when necessary on-site observers.  They never get involved in battles so recognizing them is next to impossible.  Intel also provides all the handlers for the Special Forces from their most experienced observers.  Ranks:  Clairvoyant (handles the magical spells), Observer (handles on-site observation), Handler (provides missions to the Special Forces)

Special Forces:  The special forces of the Zealots have long been kept out of sight from the average person.  They are known by name only to their handlers and themselves, to all others they are nothing more than a number.  This number is equivalent to a ranking with one being the strongest going down to fifty, the weakest.  Even the weakest is strong enough to take down a demon lord by themselves.  They only work in groups to take down a member of the group that had gone rogue or given in to demons.

Zealot Government

Diplomatic:  They handle diplomacy with all foreign powers as well as mediate disputes between members of the Order.  They are commonly drawn from the ranks of Pilgrims who show the necessary skills, determination, and reverence for Zealot doctrine to represent them abroad.  Ranks/Titles:  Mediator, Representative, Head Representative

Local:  The Zealots commonly leave the smaller towns and villages to govern themselves as long as they accept Zealot trade restrictions.  Most villages and towns have a representative government with the legislative and executive branches combined and any necessary judicial functions fulfilled by the highest ranking Zealot present in town, usually a Captain.  Some towns and most cities are led by remnants of the monarchy from which the Zealots were born

Central:  Central refers to the body that governs over the Zealot lands as a whole.  It is complex as it has been added too and cut down by everyone since it's very beginning. 

Ranks:

Executor, Tasked with carrying out the will of the Grand Master/Masters of the Order.

Adviser, These selected few individuals provide advice about the area of their expertise to whomever asks.  This can range from any topic but commonly divided into five main groups.  Diplomatic, Military, Domestic, Demonological (advice about how to approach certain high powered demons), and Magical.  There are also a few advisers who have knowledge of the massive number of relics that exist under the Zealots care and some of those that still have yet to be found, or worse, are in the hands of enemies.

Master,  These lesser Masters are in charge of overseeing the more far-flung provinces as well as making any laws necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of the people in the local areas.

Grand Master, The head of the Order who dictates all laws in Zealot lands and controls everything within the Order.

((There are many more ranks, but these are the ones who control the most power in the land and the most recently added.  The others are leftovers from previous Grand Masters that were never dissolved for whatever reason))

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 11, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »

D'oh!

Ask any passerbys for directions to the market.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:20 pm »

Quote from: Zako
Ahhh, the satisfaction of dealing overly harsh punishment onto lowlings. Time for some entertainment! Let's think up insulting names for people judged on their body. That should provide a few laughs!

Uggg, that only reminds you of how people called you fat when you were younger!  You head outside for a breath of fresh air and see the hunt is just now getting started. 

(+4 Sanity)

Quote from: wolfchild
Finish considering and get that map, then catch up, oh damn i have no money nevermind, ask them how they navigate

[4]  Curse your lack of money, you find somebody who tells you how to get to the market though, thankfully.  [4]  You also manage to get there but Malgun is nowhere to be seen.

Quote from: Ochita
Lets see If I can't find a way to make a trap or two, to kill a couple more creatures.

[6]  You somehow rig the ceiling to fall down the next time a creature enters.  You have no idea how you did this really but you're pretty sure you don't want to be near the entrance when it goes off.  You also turned Retribution off because you realize it's a waste of mana with no enemies around.

All the rest of the monsters have gathered outside now waiting for your Consecration to go off.  You only have a few more seconds to prepare.

Lesser Demons left:  12 
Stone Constructs left:  66

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun looked at the back of his hand for a second time. That coloration and the feeling of being watched meant for sure someone - or something - was after him. Damn... what do I do? Should I go to a deserted area and see who follows me, or should I stick to a crowd? Both have their pros and cons; maybe I can lose whatever's chasing me by leaving but if it follows then I'll be alone. Sticking in a crowd means I might be able to blend in and lose them that way, and maybe they won't try anything where people can see them... but on the other hand I don't know who's watching me, and that would make it easier for them to sneak up on me.

Either way I have to keep moving. Standing around isn't going to do me any good. Most of all... I can't let them know that I know. He looked around for a restaurant of some sort. Going to get food was a natural sort of thing to do and he would still be in a crowd, albeit a smaller one, and he could get his back to a wall without it looking too suspicious. Sure it meant it would be harder to run, but with any luck he wouldn't have to.

[1]  You enter a restaurant but are easily tracked by the whoever is following you.  It doesn't take long before he is at your table and the rest of the patrons clear out.  The man is a true giant, nearly nine feet (three meters) tall by your reckoning and wielding a claymore in only one hand.  With out even a thought he uses the floor for a hit and puts his sword straight through it like a hot knife through butter.  He approaches you and before you can even react he has both of his hands on the sides of your head and he is looking deep into your eyes.  [4]  "Sorry, I just had to make sure."  he says as he takes his claymore back out of the floor and tosses a small coin pouch at the owner of the establishment.  "For the trouble."  he says before leaving.  You aren't entirely sure what just happened but you're glad he's gone.  You sit stunned for a moment.  What on earth was that?

Quote from: CoughDrop
Ask any passerbys for directions to the market.

[6]  You just follow Havor'e who already has directions.  You see a huge man, taller than even you heading for the gate that leads out of town.  He says nothing as he passes by but you can he is on some kind of mission.  It's kind of scary actually.

Quote from: Frelock A.I.
Check prices for a boat ride out of here.

[4]  You go to the docks and check with a couple captains about getting a ride out of here.  It'll cost at least one gold piece per person to get to the mainland. 

Enemy Status

Lesser Demons 1-12:
Health:  5

Stone Constructs 1-66:
Health:  1

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerrigan (click to show/hide)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 12, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

Dor'lek goes off to find Malgun, but if he doesn't find him, he goes around looking for some ways to make money...

He tries coercing Havor'e into staying with him.  ;)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 12, 2011, 09:41:38 pm »

Hmmm... I'm in the mood for killing something, let's see what they have in mind!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 13, 2011, 01:06:13 am »

Try to enchant a pebble to seek malgun
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 13, 2011, 02:43:30 am »

Okay, make sure that the trap is ready, and back away, into a corner or something, so less things can attack at a time.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 118: Giant of a man
« Reply #1372 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:28 am »

That was... odd. Malgun blinked, stood, and left the restaurant to look for the trolls. He was looking for something, that much was obvious... but which, my purifying demons or my keeping demons? I've yet to do either since Ochita disrupted my concentration last time... and it affected Dor'lek. He wondered what had changed in the troll after that. He hadn't always been the closest observer of other people but it seemed to him that Dor'lek was behaving no differently than usual. Maybe he was wrong and the troll had fainted for some other reason. Well, no point bringing it up. I shouldn't be talking about this mark or I might get more encounters like the last one, and they might not end as peacefully.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:32 am »

Hey, back.  I'm impressed by the system you've set up here.  Seems logical, practical, and well thought-out.  Now I'm not sure whether to ask what my rank is, or ask to leave it undefined for the time being.  Both have their advantages, I suppose.  Eh, I suppose it would be less work for you to just leave it undefined, unless you had a particular one in mind for my character...

A gold a piece, eh? Frelock thought to himself. Not terribly expensive, but certainly not cheap either.  Best go about requisitioning funds for the journey.  I suppose while I'm on LeStronge's orders, I might as well see if I can get into his coffers to help me with my troubles.  Go to LeStronge, and make a report about LeBlanc's journey to Velnex, and inform him that she revealed almost none of her plan to me.  However, she accepted my offer of help, and will likely allow me further into her circle once we reach Velnex.  Request that I be granted the necessary funds to pursue this line of inquiry.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 14, 2011, 02:45:06 pm »

I was thinking knight, does that sound cool to you?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 14, 2011, 03:38:40 pm »

Sounds perfect; high enough that the big wigs can use me as a lacky, and low enough that I can still be ordered around by the standard commanders.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 14, 2011, 03:56:09 pm »

Also, just so you know, if your action works I will cry emo tears, there are so many side-quests in this place.  Including one that Malgun is missing right now.  All my hooks are being ignored Q.Q

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 14, 2011, 04:15:38 pm »

I am NOT following that guy, he'll wreck my shit if he takes an inclination to. >.> I'm a support character, I need to be with other party members to have a chance of surviving. I might go after him later but I was serious about wanting to learn a little of magic so I don't repeat previous mistakes. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:02 pm »

But he's super cool!!!  I swear :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »

I may have followed him if I weren't currently trapped inside this test. I almost had it done, but I lost some progress! DAMMIT.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 116