Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94092 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 105: Halls of Memories
« Reply #1230 on: June 08, 2011, 04:50:05 am »

It's a good way of doing it. It's always better to involve the players in the exposition whenever possible. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:02 am »

"No - no deal until I know what your motive for taking the tome is. Why would I help you if I didn't know you might harm more innocent lives in the end?"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:59:04 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 08, 2011, 04:58:00 am »

Considering you helped decode it, yes.  It describes the appearance, uses and science behind the Great Demon Crystals that opened The Ancient Gate.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 08, 2011, 04:59:15 am »

Post edited.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 08, 2011, 05:37:00 am »

Welp.

I have the tome. This is going to be fun..

Continue on. I will not falter.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 08, 2011, 05:53:04 am »

Hmmm... Such a tome must be valuable...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 08, 2011, 05:54:22 am »

Over your dead body.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:46 am »

Or yours. Whatever works.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 08, 2011, 06:00:51 am »

I wont pull any punches, you know.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 08, 2011, 06:36:24 am »

Yes, but your punches and magic won't work if I sneak attack you when your asleep. Having low defence isn't very good for withstanding sneak attacks.

Anyway, I'm not tempted to do it right now. Too many other opportunities are at hand. :3

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 08, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »

Mmmm I'm so looking forward to writing this up when I get home.  Btw, remember you are only a young Sareesa, about 14.  You don't have everything figured out yet.  For reference, she ascends at the age of 35.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 08, 2011, 06:47:21 pm »

Ah, OK. Might make Malgun's job a little easier once he realizes that. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 106: Fighter
« Reply #1242 on: June 09, 2011, 12:14:11 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
If I had known one day I wold be dropped into Sareesa's past I would've paid more attention to religion than machinery, I think to myself. No help for that now. How would Sareesa behave here? And what are we trying to protect? I nod to Sentinel, then to the other trolls. I don't trust myself to speak just yet; for one thing it would be too strange to hear Sareesa's voice coming from me and for another I don't want to say something wrong. What do I know of her? Gentle and humble... but a great leader according to history. So I have to be commanding, too. She wants love and acceptance for everyone, so I have to stay true to that too.

All right, that's how I have to act... but what should I do? I look around. Maybe I should try casting a spell. I think... I know one for locating demons... it seems like I should. I'll try that and head for the closest one. I close my eyes and begin casting, trusting Sareesa's body to remember the motions and words necessary.

[2]  This is all so weird, every sensation so foreign.  You find the magic Sareesa to be using to be surprisingly primal, but still, most definitely holy.  After a few seconds you attempt to cast a spell, but some how focusing this strange power within you is beyond your grasp right now.  At least you didn't waste your mana on anything.  Or at least you think you didn't.  It's really quite hard to tell having never cast a spell before.

Sentinel put his hand on your shoulder, apparently not having noticed your trouble.  You recognize he is speaking the Troll language, but you can understand it now.  Apparently you weren't acclimated enough at first to understand it.  "Sareesa, da' entire tribe be willin' to protect you from 'dese Zealots.  Ya not be havin' to face 'dem alone.  Ya be doin' t'ings 'dat I never dreamed o' seein', and ya only be a child still.  'Dere be no reason to be murdered by da' Zealots for your magic.  Ya be doin' not'in' wrong sista'.

Quote from: Frelock
Discreetly hire a messenger to find Dor'lek and Havor'e, and to tell them to meet me in the gardens.  Then go there myself.

[4]  You quickly make your way out of Abelcroft Fortress.  There is almost no chance of being sure of the loyalties of anyone in there.  In fact, the only people you know for sure won't be loyal to the Zealots in this town are some of the more radical members of the University.  You make your way there to the rudest possible teacher you can find.

"Oh, an almighty Zealot asking me for a favor.  Oh how I've dreamed of this day.  I'll send a message to your friends, for a small sum."  [price roll:  1]  Surprisingly it actually is incredibly small, only a silver coin.  Nothing lost, nothing gained you suppose. 

You head for the Gardens, when you get there you see several buildings of Troll architecture built into the large tree in the center.  A good place to meet somebody you suppose and where LeBlanc is waiting for you.

Quote from: wolfchild
Move in, Stealthily, prepare a water blast spell

[1]  You would move in, but that guy you mugged the sword off of is back, with friends.  Crap.

Quote from: Zako
Examine these ladies of virtue and ponder about the various races they come from. Such strange creatures, and yet somehow strangely alluring...

You walk over to the ladies of virtue.  Mmmm, so many different choices to choose from.  Humans from the South (The map currently is located in the South-Western portion of the entire map) just seem so boring now.  You have dark-skinned beauties from the more Northern provinces as well as the stark-white skin of the elves.  Trolls, humans, elves all by the plenty, from all over the world.  The price jewel, who you've always wanted to lay your hands on though is the Draconian woman from the Mountains.  Draconians are notoriously elusive, and to have one in your "collection" gives you great pleasure.  So far shame, and a little bit of apprehension have kept you at bay though.

There are also a couple of snake people that you've been curious to investigate, as you're not even sure how their reproductive systems work.  You think they're called Naga, but they're just snake people to you, not worthy of remembering the true name for.

((As I said, for this I'm just going to primarily roll the dice for sanity gains or losses.  I don't want to give you bad dice rolls so that it takes you longer to do what you want, or reverses your progress since this is so open-ended and really can go many, many directions.))

Quote from: CoughDrop
"No - no deal until I know what your motive for taking the tome is. Why would I help you if I didn't know you might harm more innocent lives in the end?"

[5]  "Look around you, all this technology is from the bastardization of the knowledge contained in that tome.  Do you really think those demons are contained forever when the crystals are so obviously inferior to the ones that contain the Great Demons?  I will protect this world, at any cost, and I'd rather you were on my side than not."

Suddenly a magic paper comes soaring in and lands directly in your hand and unfolds itself.  It tells you to go to the Garden districts and meet Frelock there.

"Go on, go ahead.  We'll be in touch in twenty-four hours."

Quote from: Ochita
Continue on. I will not falter.

[5]  Acclimating to your surroundings immediately, you carry on in your task.  You arrive at huge double doors made of stone, you know these doors.  These doors once sealed your fate as Malthooth's servant, but no longer.  You push them open almost effortlessly and you hear the sound of large flawless bells welcoming you.  A heroes welcome for the once hero of the demon who for so long had enslaved you.  With this sword, and the blessings of the gods, you would see his kingdom burn, and then you will lead humans to throwing out the rest of the demons from this world.

A bridge over the moat falls down and many humans are shouting, showering you with praise for your supposed genocide of one of the last refuges for those faithful to the gods.  In reality you were freed from your slavery and now, you will free all of humanity.  You walk forward and see the stone guardians that protect Malthooth stand aside and let you through. 

Throughout this entire journey through his realm, you were afraid he would discover what had truly happened.  But now, was the time to strike for all humanity.  You approach.  There is only one set of doors left between you and Malthooth's throne room where the Doombringer sits in his true form, waiting to reward you for your sacrifice.

Enemy Turns

Thug 1:  [2]  The thug attacks Fighter, but he is quickly dealt with by Fighter, knocking him out way with his sword.

Thug 2:  [1]  This thug fairs even worse than the first one, whom Fighter knocks to the ground, purely by staring at him.  That's one powerful stare.

Brute 1:  [5] [2x2=4 damage] The brute manages to punch Fighter in the face while he is busy staring down the thug.  The thug is still suppressed, but Fighter has a black eye to show for it.

Brute 2:  [6]  This brute underestimates fighter, who skillfully side-steps his clumsy attempt at an attack.

Enemy Status

Brute 1: 
Health:  15

Brute 2: 
Health:  15

Thug 1:
Health:  10

Thug 2:
Health:  10

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 106: Fighter
« Reply #1243 on: June 09, 2011, 12:23:19 am »

Wait for the meeting to begin.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 106: Fighter
« Reply #1244 on: June 09, 2011, 12:40:27 am »

Hmm... The shame and yet pride of having one of these creatures in my collection is great indeed. Hmm, perhaps later. Time to check out the play.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 116