Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94089 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Await talking with leader?

Edit: Be polite. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:56:05 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 102: Slightly rushed turn.
« Reply #1186 on: May 29, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

Attempt to find any of the others, or even any locals that would be willing to help
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:00 pm »

Frelock responds with a smirk of his own.  "Of course, anything for an old friend."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 29, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »

I get the feeling Zako and Ochita are doing the exact same thing I'm doing, which is waiting for one of them to take the lead here. :P

"Spread out. It might be dangerous to stick together," I advised, then turned to Zack. "Do you have a gun?" I asked. If he didn't, I would give him the pistol and its ammo. That way if something jumped out at us we could at least get a few shots off before it closed distance. Afterwards, I took stock of our surrounds, specifically looking to see all the points of egress.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 29, 2011, 11:32:53 pm »

I'm a thief that doesn't have many magical items yet. What would you expect me to do? ;)

"No, I don't have one, so if you can spare one, that would be excellent." Proceed to hide and check our surroundings carefully. If I see nothing of interest, proceed carefully onwards.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 30, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »

Scout out ahead.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 103: Lost by epic mistake!
« Reply #1191 on: June 02, 2011, 01:35:37 am »

. . . I spent an hour, a whole hour working on this latest turn, then I accidently hit one of my bookmarks instead of the tab I was aiming for just to make sure everything made sense.  Words cannot express the rage I feel, only this picture.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:37:20 am by V-Norrec »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 02, 2011, 01:40:24 am »

Oh, man. That exact same thing happened to me only a turn or two ago in one of the RTDs I'm running, so I'm right there with you. :-\ I can only hope that there wasn't a lot of plot exposition you just lost...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 02, 2011, 01:43:15 am »

There was, I had written a good 7 paragraphs between Frelock and Dor'lek.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:32 am »

...ouch. :( I mean I only lost a combat round, which was annoying losing all the flavor text but at least I could post the rolls... Well, if you want to hold off on writing the turn for a little while I'd completely understand.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 02, 2011, 04:15:11 am »

Oooh god... That sucks. Big time.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 103: Through adversity
« Reply #1196 on: June 02, 2011, 08:37:56 pm »

Quote from: CoughDrop
...Await talking with leader?

Edit: Be polite. :)

[6]  You quietly move with your captors putting up no fuss.  So little that they actually forget to blindfold you so you can keep track of where you are.  You are lead towards the Docks and into a fairly old, run-down looking warehouse.  Once inside you can feel the air drop several degrees.  This is a warehouse designed to hold goods that must be kept at a certain temperature.

The leader is a man cover from head to toe in bandages.  He looks almost like a mummy, but his eyes are clearly those of a living man.  He has a large shield attached to his left arm.  "You fools, why would you bring me a Troll when I clearly told you to hunt the MAN!  Leave me, at once."  he says to the men who brought you hear.  They quickly scurry out of the building like mice.

"I apologize for the means in which you were brought here, but my "men" aren't exactly top-quality.  I assure you, once I have what I came for, we will be well on our way out of here and you none the worse for wear."  He says.  You're not sure what to make of him, so you just stand silently there for a moment.  Clearly something large is going down.

Quote from: wolfchild
Attempt to find any of the others, or even any locals that would be willing to help

[4]  You find a moderately competent fighter-type person to journey with you presuming he gets to keep any shiny swords you come across.

Quote from: Frelock
Frelock responds with a smirk of his own.  "Of course, anything for an old friend."

[auto-success]  ((You got a good roll last time, I don't remember what exactly though so now it's just an auto-success.))  LeBlanc quickly slips you a scroll "Read it someplace safe, I can say no more here."  This is much more secretive of her than you would expect.  You're not exactly sure of her angle in all of this but as a Representative she is somebody with a lot of sway in the Zealots.  Being on her good-side could in no way be considered a bad thing.

After entering an empty room you open the scroll.  At first it appears blank, but then a map of the city comes into view.  The gardens are marked with a red "X".  On the bottom there are a few words which you quickly scan over.  "Our naturally strong relations with the Trolls has been deteriorating as of late.  I wish to do something about it while there are many who would have the Trolls leave our order.  Meet me in the gardens, where we can discuss at length my plans in a much more friendly environment."

Then, with a flash the paper is completely blank again.  Neat little spell that.  One of the pilgrims comes in to see you, "LeStronge will see you now, follow me."  You mutter to some words to yourself before following the pilgrim.  After a short walk you are brought into a small office that belongs to the Executor. 

"I was told you wished to see me.  I managed to open up my schedule a bit.  I believe we have something to discuss."  It looks like you've managed to get yourself caught up in some kind of political scheme.  You quickly remember that you have a letter for him and present it to the Executor.  He is reading over it, for now you have a small amount of time to think about your next move.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Spread out. It might be dangerous to stick together," I advised, then turned to Zack. "Do you have a gun?" I asked. If he didn't, I would give him the pistol and its ammo. That way if something jumped out at us we could at least get a few shots off before it closed distance. Afterwards, I took stock of our surrounds, specifically looking to see all the points of egress.

[2]  You give the pistol and ammo to Zack.  You make a quick scan of your surroundings before being overcome by the blandness of it all.  It's almost like it is only a hallway leading to the next room!!!  SO BORING!!!!

Quote from: Zako
"No, I don't have one, so if you can spare one, that would be excellent." Proceed to hide and check our surroundings carefully. If I see nothing of interest, proceed carefully onwards.

[2]  You take the gun, before being struck down by the same blandness that overcame Malgun.  Everything, it's so non-descript. . . so nothing that you can't even describe it.  Needless to say you make no progress forward at all as you are too busy trying to thing of an appropriately blank adjective.

Quote from: Ochita
Scout out ahead.

[5]  You alone are able to overcome the blandness of the hallway and make progress forward towards your objective.  In the next room you see a bright light shining down from above on some sort of magical moving mosaic.  You can clearly recognize one of the figures in the Mosaic as a young Sentinel (the troll from the village in case you forgot him already)  but you can make out nothing else.  There are 3 other doors leading out of this room.  One to the North, East and West.  You are at the South entrance.

Enemy Turns

Riot:  [1 vs. 4] Realizing standing next to a burning building is a dumb idea most of the riot begins to disband, but several Zealots have already begun to round up the trouble-makers.  Those who escaped though are completely anonymous.

Enemy Status

Riot:  3/4 Suppressed

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

((Your Fighter is included in your status section since it only applies to you wolfchild))

Also I think this turned out a little bit better than the last turn so maybe losing it wasn't such a bad thing >.>  <.<  OK now I've officially gone crazy :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 02, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »

I shudder. What a horrible architect. I could design a more interesting corridor than this! Where are the vaulted ceilings, the carved pillars, the engravings on the walls? I shake my head in disappointment and follow Ochita into the next room. Is that Sentinel? I stop to inspect the mural, leaving it up to my allies to choose the next path.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 02, 2011, 08:44:58 pm »

"Ugh, clearly not a place for a man of my talents." Proceed to the next room and check the room for loot, since this type of fancy room seems to be the type of room that something valuable might be hidden in.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 02, 2011, 10:48:19 pm »

"I'm not specifically looking for trouble, but it would seem to me that you have something to do with the building your men had just razed. Just what is going on?"

Edit: Forgot the quotation marks.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:17:42 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 116