Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94210 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 91: Barbed Blades and Head Shots
« Reply #1035 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:12 pm »

ah ok then, thanks.  i just found it a bit odd.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 92: Ham-handed spell casting
« Reply #1036 on: April 14, 2011, 03:27:39 pm »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Err... damn it, sorry, stupid wind," I say, apologizing to Flintus. This time I carefully aim at one of the bandit marksmen and take my shot.

[3-1=2]  You shoot towards one of the bandit marksmen, missing him, but managing to avoid hitting Flintus this time.

Quote from: Ochita
"Its going to be okay.. I just need to test something harmless on you.. Wait, flashes?" Investigate the flash, because something like that can't really go unnoticed.

[1]  What flashes, you're in a wagon?  [1]  "Don't worry, this is completely harmless Frelock."  You attempt to cast your well-thought out spell only to fail in making SEVERAL of the crucial hand gestures.  As a result, Frelock is contaminated with demonic magic residue and actually more brave because of your spell.  Well darn, that was an utter failure.

Quote from: Frelock
Damage control if Ochita actually goes through with it and messes up.  Otherwise, grumble about wizards and wonder where everyone else got to...

[4+1 = 5]  You quickly remember your armor is enchanted against demonic damage and let your armor soak up the demonic magic residue, saving you from any hideous mutations that might have resulted from being the victim of a miscast spell.

Quote from:
Drain the life of the bandit whose face I shot.

[1]  You fail terribly at finishing off the bandit.  If you didn't know any better, you would say he's looking stronger.

Quote from: kilakan
Slash at the nearest bandit, then follow up with an elemental bolt of fire to the same bandit.

[6]  You step forward and attempt to slash at a bandit with your sword, he easily steps back and watches your blade wiff past him however.  [6]  As you cast your spell he performs a surprisingly acrobatic move and gets out of the way of the elemental bolt.  He looks somewhat more skilled than the other bandits now that you think about it.  ((Realized Bandit #4 was a Bandit Lieutenant))

Quote from: CoughDrop
Just Retribution the third bandit.

[1]  You attempt to cast the spell but with the sun in your eyes, you can't really concentrate and end up expending the mana for no practical benefit

Enemy Turns

Bandit 1:  [1]  This bandit approaches Flintus, slowly, cautiously, before attempting to cut him with his barbed blade, but failing miserably.

Bandit 3:  [2]  The bandit approaches Khan and attempts to strike him but Khan manages to parry the blow.

Bandit Lieutenant:  [5]  While Khan parries the other bandit's blow the lieutenant approaches him from behind and, [(4+2+1)x2 = 14-5 = 9 damage] manages to shred his side, slicing through his kidney and unleashing a torrent of blood.

Bandit Marksman 1:  [4]  [3+2=5 damage]  With the sun at his back and taking account for the wind, the bandit unleashes a well placed shot towards malgun, hitting his target in the left shoulder.

Bandit Marksman 2:  [1+1=2]  Still close to death but determined, the bandit takes aim at Flintus, but determination doesn't aim a gun.  The bandit misses.

Enemy Status

Bandit 1
Health:  2 of 15
Resistance:  - 2 Physical Damage

Bandit 3
Health:  12 of 15

Bandit Lieutenant
Health:  13 of 15

Bandit Marksman 1
Health:  9 of 10

Bandit Marksman 2
Health:  1 of 10

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

edit:  Somehow posted before I meant it to, this is a WiP      Post is now finished

Doubleedit:  Bad luck for the team.  Oh well, I said I was going to be a bit more mean so it'd be more realistic.  This certainly counts I think.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:51:08 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 14, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »

Hit Bandito numero uno with staff-o.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 14, 2011, 04:15:10 pm »

"Ugh! Damnit!" I grit my teeth and prepare to return fire on the guy that just shot me. One good turn deserves another, eye for an eye and all that... this guy's getting shot in the face is all that matters.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 14, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »

Slash the bandit I parried (bandit 3) then turn on the bandit leutenant and use spell-overload and fire breath on him.
Nom nom nom

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 14, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »

Finish off bandit number two by putting another hole in his face.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 14, 2011, 07:10:43 pm »

cough could you heal me actually, if I get hit again i'm gonna bleed to death.
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 15, 2011, 01:16:07 am »

Go talk to the others about Ochita's strange spell casting.  He's meddling in things he cannot control...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:25 am »

"Hey, frelock, I think I made a bravery spell or something... Hey, where are you going?" Keep up with Frelock, and just try to pacify him..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 93: KHAN!!!
« Reply #1044 on: April 16, 2011, 06:07:35 pm »

Quote from: CoughDrop
Hit Bandito numero uno with staff-o.

[1]  You try to hit the bandit with your staff, but you somehow end up on the ground with the bandit looking over you. [luck roll:  1]  Suddenly the world bursts into flames and everything fades from view.  So this is how it all ends. . . damn mages, damn them all to the nether.

Suddenly you are surrounded in light and brought back up to your feet.  You can feel the grace of Saressa bathing you in holy, healing light, when suddenly, a bolt is sent out towards your killer.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Ugh! Damnit!" I grit my teeth and prepare to return fire on the guy that just shot me. One good turn deserves another, eye for an eye and all that... this guy's getting shot in the face is all that matters.

[5] [(4+3+1)x2=16 damage]  You shoot towards the bandit and manage to hit him directly between the eyes and he falls over, on his back, dead before he even hit the ground.

Quote from: kilakan
Slash the bandit I parried (bandit 3) then turn on the bandit leutenant and use spell-overload and fire breath on him.

[3+1] [4+2+1-2 = 5 damage] You manage to hit the bandit you parried, but he's still standing, and looking none too pleased.  *feat activated*  You lite everyone on fire and burn them to a crisp. (Friendly Fire damage roll: [3+2+1(weakness to fire)x4=21 damage done to flintus, 6+2x4=32 damage done to Dor'lek]  [Bandit Damage Rolls:  [2+2x4=16] [6+2x4=32] [3+2x4=20 damage]

[15 damage]  As Dor'lek is revived, you feel the wrath of Sareesa coming down towards you.  Suddenly, the same light that bathed Dor'lek engulfs you, burning away all your flesh, leaving behind nothing, asides from your bones.

Quote from: Flintus10
Finish off bandit number two by putting another hole in his face.

[4] [auto-kill] You shoot the bandit marksman in the face again killing him.  All of a sudden you find yourself on fire, lit up by Khan.   KHAN!!!  Before you can do anything though, you feel yourself losing all your strength.  You hit the ground, and slowly burn to death, killed by a rogue mage who didn't know how to use his own spells properly.

Quote from: Frelock
Go talk to the others about Ochita's strange spell casting.  He's meddling in things he cannot control...

[5]  You see smoke over the horizon. . . Khan. . .  You run and see the carnage before you, Dor'lek and Flintus are dead, killed by Khan with the bodies of bandits surrounding them.  It doesn't take much to figure out what happened here.

Quote from: Ochita
"Hey, frelock, I think I made a bravery spell or something... Hey, where are you going?" Keep up with Frelock, and just try to pacify him..

[4]  You keep up with Frelock and see the carnage in front of you as well.  Oh, this isn't good.

Enemy Status

Bandit 1
*dead*

Bandit 3
*dead*

Bandit Lieutenant
*dead*

Bandit Marksman 1
*dead*

Bandit Marksman 2
*dead*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:18:48 pm by V-Norrec »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 16, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »

I'm too stunned by Khan's actions to do anything but blink in disbelief.

Any chance of reviving these two? Possibly using Sareesa's mark?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 16, 2011, 06:14:44 pm »

Actually, I forgot about, Dor'lek's Seal of Heaven, I think this mean Khan is going to die because it auto-sends out a bolt of holy energy to kill whoever killed the holder of the Seal.  Hmmm, well, good luck for Dor'lek, bad luck for Khan I guess, let's roll this.

edit:  as for Flintus, no, sorry.  He droped to 0 and since I modified the rules to double health, 0 = death now.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 16, 2011, 06:16:07 pm »

"Wha... NO! Oh god.. No..." Run up to Khan, and knock him out with a punch.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 16, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »

I see. Well, in any case I'm glad I went for a range character. >.>

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 16, 2011, 06:20:50 pm »

OK, now Khan is dead, killed by Sareesa after Dor'lek revived.  I'm too lazy to change all my descriptions though.  I guess the lesson to be learned out of all of this is, friendly fire isn't, mmkay.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 116