Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94208 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 90: Your hero senses go off.
« Reply #1020 on: April 11, 2011, 05:01:59 pm »

Quote from: kilakan
Re-attempt the headband, and if it succeeds enchant with the visage of a third-eye, that allows the wearer magical vision.

[6 out of 5]  You manage to make a somewhat crude headband.  YEY!  It takes the entire turn, BOO!

Quote from: CoughDrop
Sleep like a Boss.

[2]  You wake up and feel refreshed.  Almost ready to start your day by directing workflow, . . . wait what?

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I head back to town to buy another clip for my rifle and then return to the inn to prepare for the journey.

[4]  "HEY WAIT FOR ME GUYS!"  You get back out of the temple, (to save time I'm forcing you to wait until later to buy those clips.  You'll thank me when you get to the city)and head to the inn, it looks ike everybody is ready to bed down for the night and head towards the city in the morning.

Quote from: Ochita
Try to enchant my clothes to protect from minor damage.

[3+2 = 5 out of 7]  You attempt to enchant your clothes, but you are suddenly struck with horrible memories of when you enchanted a barstool, the horror. . . the horror.

Quote from: Flintus10
Sleep and be refreshed for the journey ahead.

[3]  You fall asleep safely beneath the covers of your bed.  *snore*

Quote from: Frelock
Sleep lightly, then head off!

[1] WHY IS FLINTUS SNORING!  IT'S SO ANNOYING.  You get no sleep the entire night and feel terrible in the morning. 

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

DAY 1 OF TRAVEL

Ochita:  [3]  You decide to spend the day sitting on the merchant's wagon that you agreed to protect (so as to not have to pay for long periods of travel which can be very expensive)  The wagon is cramped and dark, but it gets boring after a while.

Frelock:  [5]  You catch up on lost sleep by sleeping in the wagon.  You wake up refreshed, though kinda smelly.

Flintus:  [1]  You decide to scout ahead of the wagon when you are found by a group of bandits. . . oh shit.

Malgun:  [5]  Your hero senses go off and you rush to the aid of Flintus.

Dor'lek:  [4]  Your hero senses go off and you rush to the aid of Flintus.

Khan:  [5]  Your hero senses go off and you rush to the aid of Flintus.

Allied Team:                         Enemy Team:

Flintus x1 (surrounded)          Bandit Marksman x2
Dor'lek x1                            Bandit x4
Malgun x1
Khan x1

((Ochita and Frelock can't get involved in this fight because a. they didn't have high enough rolls, or b. it's the punishment for getting a really low roll on trying to sleep last time.  A random encounter occurs every time I roll a [1] on an encounter roll, after this encounter is finished, you have 6 more days of travel before you arrive))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:06:17 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 90: Your hero senses go off
« Reply #1021 on: April 11, 2011, 05:04:44 pm »

Hm.... Continue work on the spell.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 11, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »

edit*
double edit*  that would kill flintus.
Draw my sword of fire, cast earthskin on meself and engage the nearest bandit in melee combat.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:26:20 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:13 pm »

Rush to Flintus?
"What's going on!?!" Dor'lek yells as he prepares a Blinding Flash.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:37:14 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 11, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »

Fire my pistol at one of the marksman. Aim for the face

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 11, 2011, 07:15:30 pm »

"Damnit..." I mutter. I've always hated bandits. On the one hand I don't want to kill another human, and on the other it's me or them. I draw my rifle and aim for one of the bandit marksman, figuring that once I take out their ability to fire at me I can concentrate on the melee warriors at my leisure.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 11, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »

Be completely oblivious to my hero sense, and continue sleeping.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 91: Barbed Blades and Head Shots
« Reply #1027 on: April 13, 2011, 03:22:33 pm »

Sorry this is a little bit late, I was tired after working extra last night.

Quote from: Ochita
Hm.... Continue work on the spell.

[5]  Well, you don't have much else to do so you continue to work on your spell.  Now all you need is a target to try it out on.

Quote from: kilakan
Draw my sword of fire, cast earthskin on meself and engage the nearest bandit in melee combat.

[5]  You cast earthskin on yourself in preparation for the battle and then charge towards the bandits with your sword drawn. [3] [(5+2+1)/2 = 4 - 2 = 2 damage]  Unfortunately, your frail mage body is slightly winded after the run and if it wasn't bad enough the bandit was wearing armor as well, blocking much of the damage you would have otherwise caused.  Curses.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Rush to Flintus?
"What's going on!?!" Dor'lek yells as he prepares a Blinding Flash.

[4] [damage rolls:  [5] [5] [3] [2] [1] [2] ]  Running forward, Dor'lek unleashes a flash of pure white light burning the bandits with it's holiness, and also blinding them all.

Quote from: Flintus10
Fire my pistol at one of the marksman. Aim for the face

[4] [4+3 = 7 damage]  You hit the bandit in the face.  He hits the ground, though he's still barely clinging onto life.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Damnit..." I mutter. I've always hated bandits. On the one hand I don't want to kill another human, and on the other it's me or them. I draw my rifle and aim for one of the bandit marksman, figuring that once I take out their ability to fire at me I can concentrate on the melee warriors at my leisure.

[1] [hit roll:  3] [(2+3+1)/2 = 3 damage]  You take what you think to be expert aim at the bandit that Flintus has already shot, finishing that bandit off should be easy.  You pull the trigger and somehow end up hitting Flintus in the back of his leg. . . darn cross breezes

Quote from: Frelock
Be completely oblivious to my hero sense, and continue sleeping.

[2]  You wake up and find Ochita preparing to test some sort of spell on you.  Oh crap.

Enemy Turns

Bandit 1:  [5] [target roll:  1]  [2+2+1 = 5x2 = 10-2 = 8 damage]  This bandit is mid swing when he is blinded and somehow fails so bad at hitting his target, Khan, that he slices through his own hamstrings.

Bandit 2:  [4] [target roll:  5]  [2+2+1-1 = 4 damage]  The bandit engaged by Khan manages to actually slice Khan's arm from near the base of his shoulder to his hand with the barb of his sword, ripping much of the flesh of his arm away.

Bandit 3:  [1]  The third bandit slices wildly at empty air.

Bandit 4:  [5]  [target roll:  2] [4+2+1 =7x2 = 14-2 = 12 damage] This bandit finishes the job for Khan decapitating the second bandit.

Bandit Marksman 1:  [1]  This bandit takes out both his pistols and begins firing wildly, not coming close to hitting anybody or anything of importance. 

Bandit Marksman 2:  [1]  Breathing raggedly this bandit takes out his pistol and tries to aim for Flintus, the man who mortally wounded him

Enemy Status

Bandit 1
Health:  2 of 15
Resistance:  - 2 Physical Damage

Bandit 2
Health:  0 of 15
Dead

Bandit 3
Health:  12 of 15

Bandit 4
Health:  13 of 15

Bandit Marksman 1
Health:  9 of 10

Bandit Marksman 2
Health:  1 of 10

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

I've also decided that up to this point I was being a bit too nice, expect more negative modifiers in the future.  Like in this turn where 4 out of the 6 characters have a negative modifier attached to them.

Edit:  I also added in Divine Will and did some general clean up on the character sheets.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:53:01 pm by V-Norrec »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:55 pm »

I'm having some bad luck helping out recently. >.> And going by the ME RTD rifles absolutely hate me.

"Err... damn it, sorry, stupid wind," I say, apologizing to Flintus. This time I carefully aim at one of the bandit marksmen and take my shot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 13, 2011, 03:43:24 pm »

"Its going to be okay.. I just need to test something harmless on you.. Wait, flashes?" Investigate the flash, because something like that can't really go unnoticed.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 13, 2011, 05:30:57 pm »

Damage control of Ochita actually goes through with it and messes up.  Otherwise, grumble about wizards and wonder where everyone else got to...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 13, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »

Drain the life of the bandit whose face I shot.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 13, 2011, 06:33:38 pm »

.....wtf earth skin only blocked 1 damage and my leather armor did NOTHING?  Dude there's a line between nice, and attempting to blind yourself and hurt us in any way possible.
Slash at the nearest bandit, then follow up with an elemental bolt of fire to the same bandit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:26:56 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 13, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »

oh I forgot about factoring in the earthskin, the leather armor blocked the one.  Also, the bandit that hit you is dead now, decapitated by his fellow.

Edit:  lucky you, you took no damage now.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 13, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »

Just Retribution the third bandit.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 116