Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Angelashes 2.1 - UP FOR NEW MANAGEMENT  (Read 9059 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - 31.12 newbie succession fort [13/15 players]
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2010, 03:15:07 am »

*salutes* Kaguros Draven, Hammerdwarf ready for duty sirs!.
OOC: I would like to be dwarfed as a hammerdwarf, I don't think I'm ready for succession forts yet myself though.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2010, 03:26:41 am »

hahaha thats the point of this succession fort, the fact that you arent ready ;D  Give it a shot. 
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2010, 03:28:32 am »

Nah I wanna experiment more with my own forts first, sides I've gotten so used to one of the mods I use, Speed:0, that I doupt I could stand my dwarves moveing at their normal speed again.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 06:54:08 am »

that's no mod.
but it's better than, say, free reactions (no [fuel] or those cheating ones on the wiki)
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 06:59:26 am »

ah I did add the free adamantine one awhile back, don't use it anymore but keep forgetting to remove it
I used it to build a road of pure adamantine out of my base to the edge of the map.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 08:42:47 pm »

ah I did add the free adamantine one awhile back, don't use it anymore but keep forgetting to remove it
I used it to build a road of pure adamantine out of my base to the edge of the map.
you should bugger your df right now.
it can suddenly start raining cotton candy. or magma. or kobolds. or anything really.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 09:22:36 pm »

Actuilly that's never happened, and I even just started messing around with a Slade Collosuss pet, they will guard my entance, and be sent to the caverns if there are megabeasts.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2010, 10:09:51 pm »

Actuilly that's never happened, and I even just started messing around with a Slade Collosuss pet, they will guard my entance, and be sent to the caverns if there are megabeasts.
back on topic, is ANYONE TAKING A TURN RIGHT NOW OR WILL I START STRIKING NAMES OFF THE TURNLIST

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2010, 11:10:12 pm »

Well i figure if noone else is going i don't mind having an early turn.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2010, 11:18:21 pm »

Well i figure if noone else is going i don't mind having an early turn.
YOU ARE UP NOW
EVERYONE BEFORE YOU HAS BEEN CROSSED OUT
REAPPLY IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT A TURN

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - 31.12 newbie succession fort [10/12 players] - Turn 8
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2010, 02:34:05 am »

I'd still like my turn. Thought one of the two in front of me was taking their turn. besides 1 hour from "reply or get crossed out" to getting crossed out seems like a very short warning.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2010, 06:38:02 am »

Reapplying.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 07:27:56 am »

I'd still like my turn. Thought one of the two in front of me was taking their turn. besides 1 hour from "reply or get crossed out" to getting crossed out seems like a very short warning.
Ok, you are moved down one because dwarf -lover- is supposedly taking their turn now.
Reapplying.
You haven't been struck off

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 12:37:39 pm »

2nd Granite 601

Today I arrived at the new outpost everyone's talking about and noticed all the "leaders" were strung out on cocain or something, so I took over. After a long session of looking around, I figured out where the magma is, never really worked with pumps before but now seems as good a time to learn as any.

6th Slate 601

As I was designating a new barracks today suddenly I recieved a report that a dog has been impaled by spears! After further investigation I found that the dog was in some type of kill room, on the inside was row after row of wooden spear, and on the outside was some dwarf merrily throwing the control lever back and forth repeatedly maiming the already dead pet. I'm starting to better understand the mental state of the previous leaders.

10th Felsite 601

After some extensive reading I believe I have discovered the secret to transforming magma into wonderful lava. I will write more as the construction progresses.

18th Felsite 601

Some guy just went crazy right in the middle of hauling stuff for the construction, and then even worse he decided to take up one of the magma forges. I'm considering capital punishment.

2nd Hematite 601

I was very happy with a certain artisan today as he completed the adamantine statue I had commissioned for my personal bedchamber. In his own words -

(OOC: I chose a dwarf and renamed him Dave, after myself of course)
I believe I shall commemorate this day as a dwarven holiday. In other news that madman who hijacked one of the magma forges is still running about stealing other valuable supplies.

8th Hematite 601

Finally he has started doing actual work, after stealing everything from adamantine to dog leather. I hope he finishes it soon, the orders for forge related tasks are really piling up.

15th Hematite 601

I think this guy has a fetish or something, he made a chain capable of holding a giant out of leather and bone and stuff, he thought it was so good that he engraved an image of it on itself.

(OOC: Does the image have an image of the image of the chain on it? and if so is there an image of the image of the image on that image of the image ?)

EDIT: will try to finish the year up tonight or by latest tomorrow morning, hope thats okay with you guys :(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:07:45 pm by dwarf -lover- »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2010, 08:56:08 pm »

I believe you have a week to finish the turn as long as you dont just disappear :P (I seem to have set a finish-on-the-day-you-start precedent.  I just finish turns in one day.  I have never taken longer.  Yet.)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8