Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Angelashes 2.1 - UP FOR NEW MANAGEMENT  (Read 9057 times)

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - 31.12 newbie succession fort (need players)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 11:37:24 am »

Crap, sorry. didn't know I was next. I'm getting right on it now. Hopefully this doesn't kill me like primeswords >.>

EDIT: IRK! DIFFERENT GRAPHICS! MIND OVERLOAD X.X

EDIT2: Oi! You renamed my dwarf! .... Meh, Cnl Xbow sounds fine too I suppose.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:05:11 pm by Trooper0102 »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 04:21:03 pm »

Haha sorry!  I renamed him so I could keep better track of things...(he had the default name before due to this being take two.  stupid skelephants)....And he should be the sheriff.  Do you know why?  Cripples make EXCELLENT sheriffs.  ;D  (a snatcher slashed his leg, severed the nerves, then ran off.  stupid snatcher.  speaking of snatchers, there are lots.  I had about 4-5 within a month.)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 05:51:04 pm »

I call next turn :D

EDIT: by next I mean next available turn
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:55:00 pm by dwarf -lover- »

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 06:02:11 pm »

OH GOD HE IS CRIPPLED! Also:2 hours worth of writing just down the drain due to me being crippled. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 07:47:21 pm »

Does have been playing since July count as me being a newbie? I so, I will sign up. If not, oh well.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 08:17:33 pm »

Does have been playing since July count as me being a newbie? I so, I will sign up. If not, oh well.
new enough.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - 31.12 newbie succession fort
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »

Uh

Did you notice I requested a turn yesterday?

If it matters, I've only been playing since the 29th of August.

Awesome, thank you. :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:46:26 am by Argembarger »
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 09:20:01 pm »

OH GOD HE IS CRIPPLED! Also:2 hours worth of writing just down the drain due to me being crippled. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~
:-[ sorry...i really didn't expect him to get to the snatcher first.  i am still playing this fort (it isnt too bad) but i am messing around (cheating out the wazoo) now.  9000 steel is a little fun... ;D

Hmmm...WHY WONT GOBBOS SIEGE!  It looks like those snatchers being very unsuccessful might have scared off gobbos...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:52:05 am by Xenos »
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 02:27:13 am »

:-[ sorry...i really didn't expect him to get to the snatcher first.  i am still playing this fort (it isnt too bad) but i am messing around (cheating out the wazoo) now.  9000 steel is a little fun... ;D

Hmmm...WHY WONT GOBBOS SIEGE!  It looks like those snatchers being very unsuccessful might have scared off gobbos...
Steal from the elves. Every time I do that it generates between 1 and 8 instant ambushes.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 06:18:17 am »

Alrighty, I've gotten all the way to the 12th of Galena, so it shouldn't be long now. I've been writing down my story WHILE playing this, which is probably why this has taken so long. That and league of legends. <.< So expect an update either tomorrow (Today?) or the day after. (Tomorrow? IDK NEED SLEEZPZ!112ONELEVEN!!!!)

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 02:17:12 pm »

May I come in??  :)
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 01:05:09 am »

1st Granite

It's been about since moonstone that I have been injured. got caught off guard by a gobbo snatcher, and the damn coward slashed me, and took off with his tail between his legs. I've spent since then in a hospital bed unable to walk at all. Oh well, the past is the past, and it certainly isn't why I'm writing in a journal, oh no, I'm writing in this journal because TODAY, our old leader has decided to quit -AND- give leadership to the only cripple in the fortress. ME!! Armok do I need a drink, a strong one too.

25th Granite

I've taken the liberty to re-organize our workforce into something more....manageable. There's now "Castes", with the largest two being the farmers and peasants. The farmers handle everything from butchery to cooking, while the peasants deal with over 75% of the hauling within the fortress. The smaller castes are the miners, crafters, and metalsmiths. they do exactly what their caste name says, Miners mine, crafters make crafts, and metalsmiths smelt and forge. The smallest castes include the woodworkers, stoneworkers, engineers, jewelers, fishers and my own caste, the rangers. They all work in their own defined fields, so it's unlikely to see a fisher encrusting something with gems, while a woodworker won't detail the floor. Pretty basic and pretty ingenious if I do say so myself.
Onto more fortress wide news, I've decided to start what may be considered a semi-mega project. Turning the land-island that the stairs are carved into, and making it a full on outer keep. I'll have to draw some diagrams to really explain it, but basically the only way into the fortress is via the bridges.

27th Granite

A new wave of immigrants has arrived today, most of them being un-qualified (in my eyes) to join a caste other than peasantry. There were a few notable exceptions; An engineer, a doctor, and some skilled metalsmiths are the general jist. That's all for today.
Wish they'd stop bringin' me water, I WANT RUM!

11th Slade

Kivis Vocarikal has finially started on his weird little project of his, hopefully that mule will be done soon, there's much to do and he's being a dumbass. This water is killin' me!

15th Slade

Great news. He finished. Workshop is free to work. made some...amulet. Head hurts....Need booze....

7th Hematite

Ugh! someone just entered another mood! Damn artists and their "Inspiration." Wonder what workshop he's gunna commandeer.

9th Hematite

NO!!! THE SAME DAMN WORKSHOP!!!

20th Hematite

More migrants today, only 8 this time. Nice skill pool though; 2 metalsmiths, 2 engineers, 2 peasants, a miner and a woodworker. Not bad.

20th Malachite

Kogan, while shaping the keep's edges, forgot a very basic rule about digging. Don't stand where the X is. Lucky him he practically only slid down a ramp, so no injuries and no worries.

1st Galena

Like I said before, this may or may not be the first semi-mega project constructed here, but I can already tell this is gunna take everyone's help. Since the miners finished shaping the ground into a usable foundation, I suppose it's time to start the walls.

12th Galena

H-He made a dog bone door. At first I thought they were joking but....Yeah...When I can walk, I'm so kicking him in the sack....

19th Galena

A human caravan has arrived from Anthath Ret, lead by Bil Othdobelza, and according to reports (that I get daily) we've already gotten about 9 pieces of the wall done. Woo! Only 146 more to go. Also, I've requested all crafts/gems/whatever to be brought to the depot for trading.

22nd Galena

A kobold thief tried to break in today but was chased off by the mayor and shot at by my ranger-apprentice.

3rd Sandstone

The first layer wall has been completed, so now I've ordered the fortress to clean out all scattered stone, a task that may be out of my reach considering this is getting tiresome for a cripple. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to take a walk on the clean detailed floors while rubbing the polished and engraved walls, or take a stroll along the keep's walls looking out into the distance.

16th Timber

Today another caravan has arrived, this one is from the mountain homes. The crafts should be delivered ASAP.

17th Timber

3 Goblin snatchers tried to break in today, but were found and caught in cages. This brings up 2 problems, 1 being how to get rid of them, the other, being how messed up and homeless our military is.I've re-organized the military into 2 squads, the Command squad is going to be the Marksdwarves, while the first Captain will be the Hammerdwarves, and they will train right below the dinning hall until proper accommodations can be constructed or dug. I've also ordered all beds to be placed in either A) the makeshift barracks or B) the Residential district.

24th Obsidian

Another thief was found today, but ran away as fast as it came. I've also ordered all goods to be moved to over the workshop area, to reduce the time between materials and finished goods. It's still a work in progress, but progress gained is less progress left. The stones are also being cleaned up still as well, making every dwarf busy these days.

1st Granite

Alright, i've gotta admit, this crippled thing isn't really helping me manage this fortress, I spend half the day cooping with pain, and the other half screaming for help and information. I suppose I'ma just call this quits, but I can't just leave the fortress headless, I've gotta find some poor sucker to do this, preferably someone who can, oh I don't know, WALK?! I think I hear someone.

(OOC: I got so busy writing, that I completely forgot screenshots. *le sigh* Anyway, I've got everything scattered and skewed, so have fun!)

TEH SAVE: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3193

Brocktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 05:25:10 am »

I wont be able to start until friday anyway, and probably not be able to post the results until sunday, so if you want to skip me thats fine.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 07:29:21 am »

I wont be able to start until friday anyway, and probably not be able to post the results until sunday, so if you want to skip me thats fine.
Anyone who wants a turn may take one, as long as they finish before friday. I'd do it myself but it's my turn in another succession.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 02:42:58 pm »

I'll switch with him, i was right after him.

Current fort is driving me crazy anyway. I'm trying to muddy an entire z level of soil to tree farm and draining the river into it dropped me from 100-120 fps to 12.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8