Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I stabbed a Zombie Dragon!... wait what?!  (Read 1984 times)

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I stabbed a Zombie Dragon!... wait what?!
« on: September 26, 2010, 05:51:30 am »

Yeah, I didn't know there are zombie dragons but apparently there are some:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To be honest it was the easiest dragon battle ever, He was so hurt I just had to stab him about 20 times and (before) throw some rocks at his face. Tadam!
It was not nearly as easy as a battle with a quest Minotaur five minutes earlier though. My plan was to throw some rocks at it to soften it up but the very first stone I threw at him, ended up in his brain, killing him instantly.

Anyway I often had troubles with warlords giving me quests to kill creatures IN the city, but since the creatures were friendly attacking them would make every kid in the town kick my ankles into oblivion, creating a huge world (256x256) in and starting at the year 200 (1050 is WAY too late for playing) seems to fix that problem quite well. My spearman Mokun Hairylegend has 10 notable kills already! Yay!

Ps. Oh yeah, zombie dragons can STILL breathe fire... how?

Ps2. I just noticed the dragon didn't add into my list of notable kills :(.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:04:07 am by Victuz »
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: I stabbed a Zombie Dragon!... wait what?!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:11:52 am »

well you kill a minotaur that bump up your stats tenfold.
Also the zombie dragon might have a build up of methane gas from the bacteria eating up his guts leaving the chance for some of it escaping and mixing with the natural fantasy dragon glands to make a material that will burn out of the mouth. you stabbing it must have open up some holes for the gas to escape leading to a rather small explosion in the belly which slain it or that zombies health system goes back to the old 40d way and you got a good crit shot on one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:35:32 am »

Still I'm just surprised by meeting a zombie dragon ;). Never really saw one in any other game (skeleton dragons yes, zombie dragons nein!).

Plus I was pretty sure I'm going to die since my throwing skill sucks and my response was to CHARGE the dragon. Bald and stupid but it worked ^_^.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 07:49:37 am »

Still I'm just surprised by meeting a zombie dragon ;). Never really saw one in any other game (skeleton dragons ja, zombie dragons nein!).

Plus I was pretty sure I'm going to die since my throwing skill sucks and my response was to CHARGE the dragon. Bald and stupid but it worked ^_^.
Fixed something.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 11:12:24 am »

Still I'm just surprised by meeting a zombie dragon ;). Never really saw one in any other game (skeleton dragons ja, zombie dragons nein!).

Fixed something.

What was wrong?

EDIT:Oh wait I see it now...
Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein! To switching my "Yes" to "Ja" ;).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:19:31 am »

I'm pretty sure 'zombie' and 'skeletal' are just templates that can be applied to any creature which exists in the game. Probably they must be organic for zombie, and have a skeleton for skeletal, but almost any creature could become a zombie/skeleton.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:31 pm »

I don't think civilized creatures can...

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 06:23:35 pm »

Every non-vermin creature that lacks the "cannot_undead" tag in the raws can have skeletal or zombie version. Even insect, which Toady says are like animated exoskeletons.

Yes they can.

Phoebus's graphics even have graphics for zombie versions of the relevant species, including all playable races.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »

Every non-vermin creature that lacks the "cannot_undead" tag in the raws can have skeletal or zombie version. Even insect, which Toady says are like animated exoskeletons.

Yes they can.

Phoebus's graphics even have graphics for zombie versions of the relevant species, including all playable races.
it just hard to get a town full of undead humans to work unless someone gets lucky with a seed which ends up flooding the lands with Evil
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 12:31:57 am »

it just hard to get a town full of undead humans to work unless someone gets lucky with a seed which ends up flooding the lands with Evil
Is it even possible in this or slightly older versions? Will a town destroyed by megabeast in evil areas turn the fallen undead?

...and yes, I want to see an undead town ruins like the "old days".
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 12:47:04 am »

Is it even possible in this or slightly older versions? Will a town destroyed by megabeast in evil areas turn the fallen undead?

...and yes, I want to see an undead town ruins like the "old days".

Are the undead in the current version even dead historical figures resurrected or just randomly spawned monsters like demons?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 04:14:30 am »

I believe they are random spawns right now.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 12:46:30 pm »

Yes they can.

Just because you can make graphics for them doesn't mean they have to exist. Where are the zombie people?

Only possible place I can thing of is in the Hidden Fort Stuff. Haven't been down there yet, wouldn't know if undead civ creatures can show up there.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 02:21:43 pm »

Just because you can make graphics for them doesn't mean they have to exist. Where are the zombie people?

Only possible place I can thing of is in the Hidden Fort Stuff. Haven't been down there yet, wouldn't know if undead civ creatures can show up there.

I've fought against Undead Dwarves before, in a fort I reclaimed.