Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Isle Forum Game: Getting the bunch back together!  (Read 25018 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Isle Forum Game: WORKING ON UPDATE, rawr >:3
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:05 pm »

My first order of business is collecting fresh water somehow. Then food, then shelter and tools, if you lazy bums haven't started on those already. :P

(Note: I am probably the laziest one here.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2010, 10:33:21 pm »

(Note: I am probably the laziest one here.)

It's a fight to the death then.  A very long, slow fight to the death.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2010, 10:34:04 pm »

Let's call it a battle of attrition.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:07 pm »

You're both going to attempt to inflict as many casualties as possible to drain the opposing side of all healthy forces?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2010, 10:38:30 pm »

Yes, by both of us doing nothing.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2010, 01:16:52 am »

As in, they're both going to lazily do nothing at eachother until one of them gives up.

It will be a long war.

My first plan is, Use a rock, two sticks and a shoelace to start a fire!

Somehow I think it'll be a really complicated series of affairs until we get some form of leadership going.

I vote Tack Creamcorn Maximu...

Neyvn for impromptu leader!

He's like Solifuge, but he's Australian. It was a landslide.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2010, 02:08:41 am »

Oh cool. I'm not the only one here who has had to split and stack firewood. Though I gotta ask, have you ever had to split logs that were ~18 inches long and 2 feet in diameter?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2010, 02:39:10 am »

Quote from: techno65535
Oh cool. I'm not the only one here who has had to split and stack firewood. Though I gotta ask, have you ever had to split logs that were ~18 inches long and 2 feet in diameter?

Umm, not quite that big. I think the largest I ever split was about 12" tall and probably about 12-16" around, but I'm just going by a sometimes-faulty memory and estimates. I know the tree it came from wasn't overly thick, anyway. I used a wedge and a sledgehammer for the bigger logs until they broke apart enough that I could pull 'em in half; if you put the wedge in the right spot, sometimes they'll just crack apart on their own on the first or second swing. I don't have to do that anymore since we got an electric splitter, but eh. At least I have experience with axes and sledgehammers.

I realize this makes me sound more rugged than I really am. Trust me, I'm not an outdoors sort of person. Sunlight hurts my eyes, so I usually have either my head down or my arm up to shade my face. I prefer to stay inside where there's a regulated temperature and adequate lighting. And a lack of ticks and fleas. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2010, 05:36:59 am »

As in, they're both going to lazily do nothing at eachother until one of them gives up.

It will be a long war.

My first plan is, Use a rock, two sticks and a shoelace to start a fire!

Somehow I think it'll be a really complicated series of affairs until we get some form of leadership going.

I vote Tack Creamcorn Maximu...

Neyvn for impromptu leader!

He's like Solifuge, but he's Australian. It was a landslide.
Thanks... I think... How did you come to that conclusion though???

Also guys, remember that the FIRST order of business would be actually building SOS Signs, your basic Big letters in the sand and ready whenever bonfire. For True RP points of view... We won't be landing on this Isle to build a Fortress of our own choice now would we...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2010, 07:58:07 am »

Nah, if Aqizzar wants that title, he can have it. I'll be busy trying to collect/haul/boil dew or rainwater (and possibly fighting off giant spiders because I'll be messing with trees to get water from the leaves.)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2010, 11:17:03 am »

After immediate necessities are taken care of, I'm hoping to find a big enough tree to cut down, chop into, and burn out the middle of to make a Canoe for 1-3, and some Oars. Depending on the type of Island (if this is a ring atoll, for instance) that could be really useful for quickly getting from one side of the island to the other, for fishing, and for hauling heavy goods back to camp. Also, looking for survivors!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Isle Forum Game: In depth stats done (about 2/4 there)
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2010, 11:18:20 am »

Just finished the stats, if anyone has any questions, ASK THEM NOW (by PM preferably).
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2010, 04:25:49 pm »

After necessities are taken care of, I plan on making tools to build a more permanent shelter large enough to hold all survivors and withstand heavy storms.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2010, 06:23:11 pm »

My first goal is to find other people to cooperate with.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2010, 06:30:48 pm »

Same here. I'm not making any further plans until I find out what kind of environment we happen to be in: tropical island, desert island, arctic island, ring atoll, etc...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28