Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Isle Forum Game: Getting the bunch back together!  (Read 24945 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I can be 100% guaranteed to have at least four novels, two math textbooks, a couple of notebooks, and some writing implements.  Always.

*head asplode*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't always crash onto an island, but when I do, I'm always wearing pants.

That's pretty wise. I always try and do the same.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can be 100% guaranteed to have at least four novels, two math textbooks, a couple of notebooks, and some writing implements.  Always.

*head asplode*

I'm also scared of escalators, so if you ever see a tiny girl charging up three flights of stairs with a 30-40 lb suitcase, that's probably me.

Books are kind of like my security blanket, I guess.  I read a lot.  I used to bring 10-12 books with me on vacation, and end up bringing another 10 home after raiding the used bookstores around wherever we went.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

The most books I have ever packed include 7 books of the Gotrek and Felix series along with the first 9 Sword of Shannara books. I was going on vacation for two weeks and decided to go on a series binge.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

*head asplode*

I'm also scared of escalators, so if you ever see a tiny girl with ludicrous amounts of hair charging up three flights of stairs with a 30-40 lb suitcase riding a giant eagle, that's probably me.

There, fixed that for you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I led to believe that Vector has a ludicrous amount of hair and a giant eagle?
I only have one of those, and not the cool one. I am envious D:

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded on an Island, The Forum Game (There's a sign up limit!)
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 11:35:14 pm »

(OmnipotentGrue)
PC Name: Grue McGee

HP: OOOOO
TH: OOOOO
HU: OOOOO
ST: OOOOO
CN: OOOOO

Conditions:

Attributes: Male

Pros: Fairly quick, quite fit

Cons:  Very clumsy, below-average eyesight (no glasses), poor general knowledge, below-average knowledge of foreign (non-Australian) fauna/flora, prefers to be alone, EXTREMELY poor memory

Skills: Climbing (1/5), Fire-starting (2/5)

Inventory: Jeans, T-shirt

Sorry if I did something wrong, I couldn't remember exactly how it was supposed to be set up  ;D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I led to believe that Vector has a ludicrous amount of hair and a giant eagle?

Only for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only for you.

I I I I I
I am staggered
you have eagle
i am yours to command

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Barbarossa's Statblock
PC Name: Sam

Conditions:

Attributes: 6'3" ~200lbs, lanky, long hair, can lift maybe 100lbs,

Pros: Tall, can take orders, can remain objectional, not very emotional, quick but can only really sprint

Cons: Mild OCD, can't stand close-minded bigots (especially religious close-minded bigots), slightly farsighted, bit of a loner, can't run for very long, ADH....ohhhh shiney, procrastinator

Skills: Computers (2.5/5), shooting (1/5), boating (1/5), cooking (2/5), building (3/5), redneck (5/5), Swimming (3/5), driving a standard transmission vehicle (10/5) (seriously, not counting family members, I can count the people I know who can drive one on one hand) (just driving period would be 4/5)

Inventory: Boots, blue jeans, t-shirt, lighter, 2 pocket knifes, 100 meter water resistant watch, cleaning cloth for glasses, hat, transitions lenses flexon-frame glasses

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:26:01 am by techno65535 »
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Only for you.

I I I I I
I am staggered
you have eagle
i am yours to command

...if it's that easy, I need to go find a giant eagle. :P

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't see 'ludicrous' amounts of hair. Just long hair that's really thick/frizzy.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is quite possibly one of the dorkiest things to come out of this forum. I approve.

Quote from: Da Stats
PC Name: Solifuge or Soli works.

Physical Traits: Male, 5' 11", 145 lbs. Medium-small frame; flexible, light on muscles.

Skills: (References cited in parenthesis)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Attributes:
Pros: Diplomatic and agreeable. Very difficult to upset. Good at organizing groups and directing things, though it's not my preference. Quick learner, and a font of trivial knowledge. Quick reflexes due to clumsiness. Strong immune system (rarely get sick). Genetically thick tissues and dense bones capable of taking a fair bit of abuse (yay Acromegaly?).

Cons: Nearsighted beyond 1 ft, with poor night-vision. Forgetful. Sometimes clumsy. Easily get lost. Sometimes lose consciousness when overheated/overexerted. Somewhat out-of-shape. Prone to depression. Refuge in stoicism.

Inventory:
Everyday:
- Pocket Notebook
- Mechanical Pencil
- Many-Pocketed Shorts and T-Shirt
- Worn Leather Sandals
- Glasses
- Dive Watch; Solar-Powered, Waterproof, Date and Time
- Swiss Army Knife

Optional Possessions:
- Foxfire Anthologies (Collection of old farming, hunting, metalworking, industrial, folk medicine, and weather-lore practices)
- Binoculars
- Travel Microscope Kit (150/450/900x zoom lenses, slides, and plastic sampling vials.)
- Prescription Dive Goggles
- Backpack
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:51:22 am by Solifuge »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Well, since you need nine more, I guess I'll join to hurry things along. ^^

Quote from: Statblock
(SeriousConcentrate)
PC Name: Jay is fine.

Conditions: -

Attributes: Male, 5'11, 212 pounds. Kinda chubby but also has defined muscles along arms and legs. Hair and beard are kept short.

Pros: Great at focusing on tasks, tends to make friends easily, good at mediating arguments, great night vision, team player, excellent hand-eye coordination

Cons: Gets sick easily, OCD about health issues, doesn't pay attention often enough, fatigues easily, poor vision (20/100, I think), old injury to left knee makes him limp but doesn't really hurt and affects speed only lightly, forgets names constantly

Skills: Survival (1/5; has read books on the subject but no field practice); Discipline (1/5; one semester of JROTC); Archery (1/5; practiced a bit with grandfather, who's a multiple time state champion); Staff-Fighting (1/5; no real training, just messing about with one as a youth); Shooting (2/5; grew up with a BB gun and fairly accurate with it); Balance (3/5; can keep footing in tractionless shoes while standing on an unstable pile of wood); Hauling (3/5; moved about four thousand pounds of wood -no, I'm not exaggerating, and I may in fact be underestimating- due to an ice storm and consistantly hauls wood for his grandfather's wood furnace in loads of five to six hundred pounds) Swimming (3/5; lifetime of casual practice); Gaming (4/5; been playing since 1989, has completed a total of about three hundred games)

Inventory:
Jeans
Hiking boots
Shortsleeved shirt
Button-up shirt with two chest pockets over the shirt
Cellphone - used more to check date and time and as an alarm clock than actually call/text people
Cheap watch
Wallet
Car Keys
Books (Usually whatever but I want to lobby for my survival books :p)
Glasses
Sturdy case with spare glasses
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:37:35 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only for you.

I I I I I
I am staggered
you have eagle
i am yours to command

...if it's that easy, I need to go find a giant eagle. :P

Loyalty is already pledged, sorry.
Though, the more I look, the more I realize I have way more hair than her. Aha! Maybe I can at least call this one a tie.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28