Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Geting a Zombie mod  (Read 758 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Geting a Zombie mod
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:46:03 pm »

we need to get a good  zombie mod up one that isn't for the last version...
i would make it myself but i don't have the time.
and personally don't wanna sit down and make all the individual variants and then theres the
hole problem of getting rid of all the pond grabbers and Hydras and stuff without pissing off the game.

however if anyone would be willing to work with me on the zombie mod my MSN is ECW_BWO@hotmail.com
cause if no one else is working on the project im getting started i haven't posted my mods but I leave no corner untouched
and never half ass it i also believe my work to be as extensive as Genisis and Waistland mods.

if anyone would be kind enough to post a frame for Zombie Characteristics.
-----------------------------------

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Geting a Zombie mod
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:00 pm »

Do you want shambler zombies, or zombies that are fast?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:57:47 pm »

not sure posibly shamblers are more appealing seeing as how one bite and your skin starts falling off

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »

Why not have a mix? Perhaps shamblers as wild animal-type creatures, faster ones as (a) hostile civ(s)?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:31:45 pm »

yeah thats a option too.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 09:36:19 pm »

woops over looked this and posted in the old thread. you should go with shamblers, since speed still does increase quite a lot with training. the infection can be ramped up with the new syndromes and they should have a grasp tag on its mouth. and the variety of bloaters and crawlers as sub casts with a smaller chance as well as a wild variant of each to wander the world.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:18:49 am »

I would join you in this project in a second if my rig was functioning, 3 days ago I suffered a short somewhere in the machine so I am only able to borrow a macbook from time to time.

If you think you can get the creature working, then please do, I will definitely join in when my rigs reassembled. gah makes me want to dl DF on this computer just to mess with the raws.

Does item corpse still work? that was the way bloaters where made in the last one, but I know there are lots of legacy tags from 40d series. Ill be keeping an eye on this for sure, Zombie mod was my favorite alt setting mod.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:35 am »

woops over looked this and posted in the old thread. you should go with shamblers, since speed still does increase quite a lot with training. the infection can be ramped up with the new syndromes and they should have a grasp tag on its mouth. and the variety of bloaters and crawlers as sub casts with a smaller chance as well as a wild variant of each to wander the world.

Just make sure you do not allow them to equip items if you give their mouth GRASP, otherwise they will wield shields using mouth :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 12:57:59 am »

Just make sure you do not allow them to equip items if you give their mouth GRASP, otherwise they will wield shields using mouth :P.
And what's so wrong with that? We've seen worse...
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:25:49 pm »

that would be a problem if you gave them access to the normal weapons and shields, but say we give them a separate list of weapons that would lead to a more varied variant system. IE Protein Growth/Viroform Carapace - Zombie Buckler,  Salivary/Mucous glands - low material ranged weapon, Spiny/Dense/Serrated Growths Melee mutations for various damage types. Maybe for a second Zombie civ that comes later?

Will add a few concept sketches once I finish downloading gimp. man I miss my rig so much :( (will edited soonish)

Edit: Gah nevermind, gimp is les easy then Paint.net, and I cant lie down in this wooden chair. plus I have orientation for a new job in an hour, well if I figure out how to use gimp between now and then I will post images but it will probably have to wait for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:27:34 pm by Bloogonis »