Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do you ever dream about Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 2039 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever dream about Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »

There are people that don't dream dwarf fortress?

I was shocked too, at first. You get used to the idea though.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »

I dreamt in ASCII once, but it didn't look much like Dwarf Fortress. DF is the only ASCII game I play though, and it seemed to make sense as DF at the time..
Also, someone needs to mod in molten fudge and ice cream layers.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 02:23:10 am »

I dreamt in ASCII once, but it didn't look much like Dwarf Fortress. DF is the only ASCII game I play though, and it seemed to make sense as DF at the time..
Also, someone needs to mod in molten fudge and ice cream layers.

I'll see what I can do, but it'll probably take a while.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 06:10:36 am »

I have a recurring dream of climbing down a cave system, then about z-50, horrible things that are decidedly NOT ASCII come out of the walls and paint the cavern red.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 06:31:18 am »

I don't dream. So I miss out on those wonderful hallucinations you people experience while they're comatose for long periods of time.

:/
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:24 am »

I dreamt that I had uncovered a thin, 7/7 liquid vein of Hot Fudge.  Fortunately I did this by channeling into it from above, so I didn't spill it.

Immediately after that, I tapped into a cavern underneath this.  It was entirely filled with white squares.  I checked what they were: Vanilla Ice Cream.

Heck yes, I thought!  Vanilla ice cream cavern!  And the hot fudge is right over it!  What luck!  I immediately set my dwarves to tap into the vein and have it drain into the ice cream cavern to see what would happen.  I figured it had to be good.

As soon as the hot fudge hit the ice cream, I got a whole bunch of job cancellations:

Urist McMiner cancels Dig: Ice cream sundaes!!

Pages and pages of "Ice cream sundaes!!" job cancellations filled my announcement window as every single conscious dwarf in the fortress dropped what they were doing and RAN at incredible speed to my ice cream cavern.  I've never seen dwarves book it so quickly.  Other than a few injured or sleeping dwarves, every single dwarf in the place ran down there all at once.  Some started paddling around in the ice cream in big loop-de-loops, others hung out around the side of Lake Sundae.

I was worried as to what would happen to them down there, but it seemed like every dwarf who was partaking of "Ice cream sundaes!!" had the happiness level of "beyond ecstatic", and they didn't get hungry or thirsty down there.  Finally, the frolic was over and they started up with their normal jobs again, but they all had the thought "... has combed ice cream residue out of his/her beard lately" in their thoughts list.  And they were all very, very happy.

Then I woke up.
Someone should make a mod of that. :D
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 01:48:10 pm »

Dying in a magma flood because I kept bringing boxes of cloth.

Hold on, you brought to much cloth, so they made you dye the cloth... In a magma flood?

Yes, and then I died.  So in a strange way, we're both right.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 02:22:40 pm »

I don't dream. So I miss out on those wonderful hallucinations you people experience while they're comatose for long periods of time.

do you not dream because you can't, or because you stay up all night playing df? I'm afflicted with the latter.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 02:28:15 pm »

do you not dream because you can't, or because you stay up all night playing df? I'm afflicted with the latter.

I also feel the effects of that. Insomnia is great. 
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Fayceless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »

I vaguely remember a dream I had recently involving DF and ASCII graphics.  Which is weird, because I play with tilesets/graphics, but the dream definitely used ASCII.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 02:38:34 pm »

I vaguely remember a dream I had recently involving DF and ASCII graphics.  Which is weird, because I play with tilesets/graphics, but the dream definitely used ASCII.

I had a dream without a tileset also, it involved my fort being sieged by a megabeast, which happened to be some famous person(I cannot remember who)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 03:00:54 pm »

I had a dream without a tileset also, it involved my fort being sieged by a megabeast, which happened to be some famous person(I cannot remember who)
The vile force of paparazzi has arrived.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 03:09:17 pm »

I remember now, it was Micheal Jackson. He sang at my dwarves which stunned them and they fell into a volcano...

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 03:10:14 pm »

I remember now, it was Micheal Jackson. He sang at my dwarves which stunned them and they fell into a volcano...
Then, in that case:
A vile force of Thriller has arrived.
(Was he, by any chance, followed by a horde of undead?)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »

Then, in that case:
A vile force of Thriller has arrived.
(Was he, by any chance, followed by a horde of undead?)

Yes... (They were not dancing though.) I must have eaten something weird that night... It was quite the acid trip.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:22:25 pm by Aramco »
Pages: 1 [2] 3