Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves randomly becoming faint? (.12)  (Read 4217 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Dwarves randomly becoming faint? (.12)
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:26:51 am »

I embarked on a human town, and had to pierce the aquifer. It was a success, but my only miner was badly injured. So I sent her to the hospital, and the medic spent the next few months fixing her up. Now I'm waiting for the first dwarf caravan to get a mechanism to make a Traction bench to heal her completely. After all non-traction wounds were healed, she sat in bed for a while while the medic got cancellations for a traction bench. Now it is the Former part of the first summer and she reads as "Faint". Should i be concerned? Is she internally bleeding? Is there any way i can fix this? She only broke some bones and tissue, but all she needs now is a traction bench. Help?

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves randomly becoming faint? (.12)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:47:13 am »

why not make some mechanisms???...all you need is stone... (which is essentially garbage ;))
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:49:28 am »

I embarked on a human town, and had to pierce the aquifer. It was a success, but my only miner was badly injured. So I sent her to the hospital, and the medic spent the next few months fixing her up. Now I'm waiting for the first dwarf caravan to get a mechanism to make a Traction bench to heal her completely. After all non-traction wounds were healed, she sat in bed for a while while the medic got cancellations for a traction bench. Now it is the Former part of the first summer and she reads as "Faint". Should i be concerned? Is she internally bleeding? Is there any way i can fix this? She only broke some bones and tissue, but all she needs now is a traction bench. Help?
'Faint' means she has lost alot of blood, as far as health is concerned.
She should be fine.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 11:54:11 am »

If a dwarf is "Faint" but hasn't been bleeding, it means the dwarf has an infection. If the infection is not overcome, the dwarf will eventually become "Pale" and then drop dead.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 12:04:02 pm »

Well the problem is, there is no diagnosis request, she was sutured and cleaned completely, and she has no listing of infection on her health or bio screens.
Btw, since we have no miner, that means we don't have raw stone either. She refuses to drop her pick, even after disabling labors.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 12:05:36 pm »

That indicates a failed diagnosis attempt, I think. Injure her again to get a new one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »

How should i do that?

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »

without engineering a cavein or using upright spikes, I'm not sure how you could re-injure her.

However, what you can do is set up a dump zone, then mark her pick for dumping.  Someone will come along and steal it from her, and take it to the dump.  You can then reclaim it and start mining again.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 12:22:50 pm »

Aww crap, no ones taking the damn pick. This sucks.

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 12:26:10 pm »

you could try drafting her into an x squad,  to make her unequip it.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 12:29:20 pm »

Naw, they got the pick off her, now eceryone is too damn lazy to mine. Oh great, now she's gone pale. She's my first expidition leader too  :-[.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 04:12:54 pm »

Hmm... interesting. She went from pale to faint in a month. Does this mean she's sort of beating the infection?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 04:31:22 pm »

Hmm... interesting. She went from pale to faint in a month. Does this mean she's sort of beating the infection?

It's possible.. Check out her inventory, does any of her bodyparts have "dwarf pus covering"?
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 04:36:47 pm »

Nope, no coverings. Still nothing new on this resting dwarf, and still no traction bench. She, however, is no longer Faint or Pale. She's just unconscious and broken up.