Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile bugs  (Read 745 times)

darkfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile bugs
« on: November 02, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »

1 new bug and one old.

If i bring bags with the initial settlement then create a seed stockpile. Dwarves put seeds in the bags no matter where they are in my fortress. Without a seed stockpile they ignore the seeds, as soon as a seed stockpile is created they go out of their way to store the seeds in a completely unrelated bag.
If bags really are necessary then they should function like barrels. That is the barrel gets moved to the stockpile THEN filled. Since the dwarves don't seem to care how incredibly far the random bag is from the farm area.

2. Maybe an old one

Dwarves ignore the second stockpile of any type. If you create stockpiles dwarves will use the first until it is full. Regardless of distance. This means that to have a working crafting stockpile system the crafting stockpiles need to either be created before the main stockpile or linked (which is not feasible in some cases).

Regards

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

Another stockpile issue.  My dwarves are ignoring my armor stockpile for some reason.  They use all of the others, just not that one, so I have various pieces of armor lying around.

Edit: I got it to work by enabling the finished goods armor, legwear, headwear, etc.  But shouldn't the armor pile work without having to do that?

[ November 04, 2007: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur