Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 448 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:41:53 am »

First, i want to make several reactions that allow taking adamantine clothes and 1 adamantine thread and repairing the clothes, and I was curious as to whether there was a way to make it spit out something of the same quality as the one that went in. So far what i've got will just spit out a totally new product.

Second, i'm trying to make a reaction what will take blocks of any material(if not possible, then i'd set up a reaction for each material type of block) and spit out building material with a quality modifier and an engraving(like how other objects are decorated with gems/bone/etc), which will(ideally) carry the same engraving from the item to the wall/floor/whatever that is built out of it. If that isn't possible, then i'd rather have the building have an engraving once the material is used for building. I assume i'm going to have to make an entirely new subtype of items for the product, but i'm not entirely sure how to do....most of it. All i can really figure out is how to make the actual reaction once i figure everything else out.

Edit: I made a custom workshop that will allow a reaction that takes stone blocks and makes "engraved blocks", which are considered toys, however I don't think that engraved blocks have a quality to them. Also they can't be used to build buildings despite having the [BUILDINGMAT] tag. And they're all named "engraved blocks" regardless what material they are made out of :/ Also the reaction finishes instantaneously and gives the engraver no skill, i'd like to fix those too.

Edit 2: Used the wrong labor for the workshop. I can't seem to figure out what in the world the name for engraving is, it's not ENGRAVING or DETAILSTONE or ENGRAVER, as far as I can tell, because it keeps popping up that any labor can build the workshop.

Edit 3: Apparently it is DETAILSTONE, though it doesn't seem to work exactly right still. Anyone with any labor enabled can build the workshop, however only someone with engraving enabled can actually use the shop. Engraved blocks now have quality and take a significant amount of time(and yield exp to the engraver), however they're still just named "engraved blocks" no matter what type of stone is used to create them. Also they're not usable to build buildings with despite the [BUILDMAT] tag, no idea what is going on there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 06:54:04 am by Zaik »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]