Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Man of the UNDERGROUND!!  (Read 20022 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Man of the UNDERGROUND!!
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:50:12 pm »

You are Freed Matthews, a small time office worker in New York. Today is the day you've been expecting a promotion, due to your work. Your boss has called you to his office and you couldn't be happier. You want to hurry and get this done so you can go home to your fiance and celebrate over a nice dinner, and movie. You get up out of your chair. What do you do?

Alright then people,this is Man of the UNDERGROUND!! a Man of SCIENCE!! based game, you aren't a genius, but when you rule the underground you don't need to be. We're still a regular civi, so I won't give you starting options yet, but you'll get them soon. First things first, what do you guys want to do before heading to see the boss for that juicy promotion?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:49:43 am by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Man of the UNDERGROUND!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:53:03 pm »

well, I said Hi to the other two like games today, i guess i should here too, even though i've already talked to you a lot. Hi!

Check E-mail.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:03:55 pm »

Until we need the democrabrain I'll just go with what I like, or with what I see more than once that isn't stupid. And hi!

You grab your coat to head to see the boss when you hear the sound of your mail account updating. You groan begrudgingly, put your coat back, and sit down to check the new mail. "What in god's name could this possibly be?" you say out loud as you go to your inbox. You enter your password and see the subject "Male enhancement products and you!" and manage to stop yourself just short of punching a new orifice into your computer monitor. You quickly delete the mail, grab your coat, and then head to the elevator. You press the "floor 9" button, this is a 15 story building, so you're excited to see the upper half.
You say hello to the secretary and go inside to hear the good news.

Your boss asks you to sit down and listen carefully, you do so. "Matthews" he exclaims in a calm voice. "You're one of our best workers, but we just can't afford as many workers as we have. You're in line for a promotion right now, if you can go tell this list of people that they've been laid off, you've got the promotion. Do we understand?"
You take the list and notice that almost everyone on it is a friend of yours. You refuse to tell these good people that they've been laid off, but what can you do in this situation?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:59 pm »

do we still get the underground either way? or do we need the promotion?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »

If I feel that nothing is leaning to my own machinations I'll just twist them into something for myself. You'll lose the job before starting your life in the underground regardless, but if you choose the promotion you get an instant +$2000, but you'll have no one to count as an ally when you start the campaign. I also won't do actions I think might kill Freed, as I don't want to restart so early into the game.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 11:24:34 pm »

If no one has an action planned in 6 minutes of this post, I'll just finish the introduction in the next update.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 11:27:06 pm »

Meh.  We need allies.  Besides, allies can get us far more than $2000.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 11:28:30 pm »

seconded. forget Bossman, friends can be more helpful.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:42:41 pm »

Hurray you guys are going the intended route!

Your boss sits back and lights a cigar, asks why you're still here then shoos you away to perform this foul deed for him. Your anger reaches the breaking point. You shout "I QUIT YOU FAT PIECE OF ****!" grab his cigar, put it out on him and then storm out. You pass by the people and give them the list, the uproar causes half the working staff to quit. It would be a week before the company collapses. After the uproar you head home, hoping to spend a quiet night with the fiance. After an hour of traffic, and a chance to calm down, you arrive at your fair sized city apartment. To your surprise you see some of your things along with several suitcases filled with your clothes, and other things sitting by the apartment steps.

You grab your keys and search around the apartment for your fiance. You finally go to the bedroom to find your fiance in bed with another man. "What is this...?" is all that can come out of your mouth. You believe you hear your fiance say something, but it doesn't matter. You storm out of the apartment, grab your things, then drive to a friend's house.

The introduction is almost over, we just need to get past the friend. The friend is going to be the first starting choice, and each one can change how the game starts significantly.
1.) Gender
     Male or Female?

2.) Where do they live?
     A city apartment across town, or a house in the suburbs?

3.) How intimate is your relationship with him/her?
     Good friends, best friends, former roommates, or if female a former girlfriend?

Make your choices.(if you can see the bias I'm presenting, then huzzah.)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 11:58:24 pm »

I'll give 10 minutes to come up with something, I want to get past establishing our first base of operation before I hit the sack in about 3-4 hours.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 12:17:54 am »

No suggestions so time for progress!

You drive to your friend's place in the suburbs. She was an old friend from high school that you roomed with for the last year of college in an apartment a few blocks away from the school facilities. The two of you never had any romantic chemistry, and your other friends know virtually nothing of women making her the best choice. After another few hours of traffic, and even more frustration, you arrive at hear place and knock on the door which is answered nearly immediately. You look flustered, and detached from the world.
"What's wrong Freed, what's going on...?"
You spend an hour explaining the situation, going on long tangents about how everything had seemed so perfect before. She nods her head in silence. At the end of the story you feel like thanking her... what was her name again?

Alice Hall
Heather Thomas
Elizabeth Robins "Liz for short"

I'll actually show patience for this, since it's somewhat important. within an hour if one doesn't have at least a 3 point lead I'll just go with the first suggested name that isn't silly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 12:25:32 am »

darnit. I was going to add Alice, since they were so interested in that name in my thread earlier.
I'll add a silly name and say Zelda.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:00 am »

I'll give you two votes since I've been haunting your game all day with my own plans that no one wants to do immediately.

Alice Hall - 1
Zelda - 1

Also there is no vetoing by anyone but myself, and any veto I cast removes the option permanently so that a Man of SCIENCE!! democrabrain incident doesn't happen.
[EDIT] I should also note that silly names will be put into the vote, but won't do anything. And I can't believe I missed that Alice WAS the stupid name people suggested in WIZARD!
[EDIT2] This is the last part of the introduction, we'll be getting our starting base after this, and our crime syndicate shall begin.
[EDIT3] Forget it, I'm just going to wait until one of the name options has a three point lead.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:00:43 am by Lillipad »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 01:12:14 am »

well, not so much stupid as "why would a guy be called Alice?".
WIZARD was probably the stupidest of the 4.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 01:16:25 am »

well, not so much stupid as "why would a guy be called Alice?".
WIZARD was probably the stupidest of the 4.

Syntax. Both were stupid, even Vix is stupid. But out of all the names, one was an action, one was a profession, one was a female name. The only wizard-sounding name was Vix, so we went with it.
It's not too late to change your vote for Zelda into a second vote for Alice, I want to get to the starting choices as fast as I can without making every single decision. This is supposed to be a game for Pete's sake! Why is the narrator deciding everything?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14