Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager jobs not cancelling properly  (Read 554 times)

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager jobs not cancelling properly
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »

So I used the manager to cue up 8 rock coffers. Unfortunately I accidentally told him I needed coffINs, not coffERs. As soon as I realized my mistake I went into the manager and canceled the order and made the proper one. However, my mason continued to make coffins; I had to actually go to the mason's workshop and individually cancel all the remaining coffin jobs (By the time I caught on he'd already finished 6 of them).
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager jobs not cancelling properly
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »

I'm not sure that's really a bug so much as a feature that doesn't work the way one might think it does. All the manager does is queue up jobs on open workshops for you without you having to go track down the workshops yourself (and allows much larger quantities than you can queue up). On the other hand, it would be nice if it did work that way. All Toady would have to do (I hope) is add a manager_id to tasks at workshops and assign tasks on the manager screen a unique id (probably just be lazy and do like the stockpiles, start at 1 and work up  ;) ). Any jobs that are manually assigned by a player would have a manager_id of 0. A canceled manager job could go through workshops and remove any tasks that have a matching manager_id.
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside