Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Failbridge  (Read 1979 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
The Failbridge
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:25:09 pm »

I was exploring my newly genned world yesterday, when I came across somthing odd. That somthing being a gigantic raging river with suprisingly straight shorelines. I went to investigate, and came across a strange structure spanning it. My inital thought was that farming had bugged and these humans were trying to farm water. I jumped down into it, as it was only one z-level down. This would prove to be a mistake as water came rushing down the tunnel, and drowned my character.

Today, I went back. With swimming.

This is just...weird.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: The Failbridge
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:31:10 pm »

The second name is more correct. throw enemies into it, see them washed away! (or drowned)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:42:54 pm »

"The Handy Bridge".  Wow.

I wonder if anyone ever tries to cross it?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:25:01 pm »

"The Handy Bridge".  Wow.

I wonder if anyone ever tries to cross it?

RNG generator strikes again! Can't wait to see what other FUN results from Toady_One's coding shenanigans!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »

"The Handy 'Bridge" of Tempests' is indeed an anomaly. I think it's a bridge that telefragged another bridge during worldgen. That, or the bridge had it out for that other bridge that was there first, snuck up behind it, and drawn and quartered it, and sent it to sleep with the fishes while it casually took it's place. Unfortunately, the one that was there first managed to cripple it before it took it's place.

Adventurers beware of bridges. They're a sneaky bunch. They're a couple classes higher than wagons in size, and possibly devastation, and just a class higher than your run-of-the-mill drawbridge. Be wary of their intentions and their 'placements'. Who knows what their next plan is?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:39:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 10:20:17 pm »

Maybe they were trying to build a dam but just gave up?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:37:40 pm »

Then they were a bunch of damn fools.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 11:02:53 pm »

Maybe they were trying to reach The Failboat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.